• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Cinema Blend praises Harmy's Despecialized Editions

theforce

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The background from C-3P0...those bones of a dead creature up on the sand dune....that's a Special Edition addition. That was never in the original movie for Episode 4

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry but you are incorrect. The upper right image in your post is the original version.

theforce

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I'm sorry but you are incorrect. The upper right image in your post is the original version.

My memory must be getting rusty....yes you are correct, my apologies.

I dug up my VHS and its there, my VHS from 1984 is not the widescreen version...sorry...with all these mods Lucas made I am forgetting what was real and what was added....lol.

My VHS tapes are still playable and in great condition.

I will see if I can locate Harmy's version and the one recommended by ThrowgnCpr....once again my apologies.

theforce

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
there are countless other OT preservations that are going to be better than digging out your old VHS tapes. check out the silver screen edition project:

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...ed-35mm-Print-of-Original-Star-Wars-1977-Film

I just viewed it, thank you very much ThrowgnCpr!, it was fantastic. I also read that Mike Verta is restoring it as well and he is using professional equipment....Its great that Fans are restoring Star Wars since Lucas Film is doing a horrible job at it.

His version is called Star Wars - Legacy Edition

But you're right that the scanning process itself also matters. TN1's are impressive, especially given their constraints, but Mike's scans of an IB print using professional equipment simply blow them away.

it is a genuine restoration from 4K scans of original 1977 35 mm prints.

It will be cool to view his version. I found his site, but he won't release it...so it will sit at hs hom

https://vimeo.com/channels/starwarslegacy

I hope Disney will release all three original trilogies as they were scene in thearters when I was a kid...Why not give the public a choice on what they want to see...I have no problems with the Special Editions meaning the first Special Editions released before the Prequels, I like them...but I also like the versions I saw originally as a kid in the theatres.

I wish Lucasfilm would release a Double DVD.Blue Ray set...Special Edition Version and Original Version...that way you watch which ever you want instead of re-writing history!

Top Bottom