• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Icarus - a fanedit of Die Another Day by Last Survivor

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
kombatrok said:
First post, but I have finally gotten around to watching this edit. A big improvement over the original trainwreck of a film!

Thanks for a job well done

Hey kombatrok... welcome to the forum and glad you enjoyed the edit :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
That was really good. I'll have to check out more of these. Thanks Beezo.

You're welcome!

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I realize this thread is two years old, but I want to thank LastSurvivor. Your editing shows off impressively that small changes can make a big difference. Your commentary track is more enjoyable than most director's commentaries, and more educational. For my limited exposure to fanedits, your Icarus raises the bar!

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
I realize this thread is two years old, but I want to thank LastSurvivor. Your editing shows off impressively that small changes can make a big difference. Your commentary track is more enjoyable than most director's commentaries, and more educational. For my limited exposure to fanedits, your Icarus raises the bar!

Many thanks!  I still think this is one of the best edits I've done, so am very pleased to hear that it's still finding a audience  :)

chyron8472

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, I love this edit.

I acquired it a while back, but since this thread is bumped, I'll pop in to also add my appreciation. Great job.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My thanks to racerx1969 for taking the time to write a review for Icarus - glad you had fun with it, really appreciate your kind words.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My sincere thanks to kaede5108 for your review on Icarus at IFDB... really glad you enjoyed it :)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Many thanks to stujcol for your review on IFDB... Glad you enjoyed the edit :)

wonderwhy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brosnan finally got the farewell entry he deserved! Thanks for sharing the podcast link above, I'm going to check that out during work tomorrow.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Strange when you realise that Toby Stephens (Gustav Graves himself) is now the voice of James Bond in the BBC Radio 4 audiodramas, what we need now is for Pierce Brosnan to play a villain against him.
Very true - that would be cool. Thank you for your review btw, much appreciated. One day I may well release a HD version of this edit... if I find the time ;)

ParanoidAndroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Probably unlikely though, not many Fleming stories remain unadapted.

You're welcome, HD could only make it better!

Last edited:
Top Bottom