• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Icarus - a fanedit of Die Another Day by Last Survivor

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dunno if I'd go that far, since the film needs the nonsensical "irradiate bone marrow to change DNA" plot thread or whatever silly thing was the original

Funny what floats one person's boat, will sink the other ;) ... that's one part of the story which never bothered me about the original anyway.:D

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic Stiz said:
I've read the good press on Sallville

I hope you mean Smallville, cause if you mean Saville, I've heard nothing but bad press [/tasteless]

Wayneuk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, the new Rapidshare means you have to allow download permissions by multi users, any chance of setting it please?

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wayneuk said:
Hi, the new Rapidshare means you have to allow download permissions by multi users, any chance of setting it please?

Really? I didn't realise this. I can't seem to change it though. How do you do this? Anyone know?

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, I think I've figured it out. Have a go now ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My thanks to both DwightFry and Fanedit for contributing reviews for Icarus :) Glad you both enjoyed the mission.

Fanedit...

- Bond meets Gustav for the first time and for some reason they get into an all out brawl of a swordfight.

Fanedit, I think it's quite reasonable that this happens, simply because Graves already knows Bond from their previous encounter in Korea (albeit Bond has no chance of recognising him in return due to the surgery). He would have relished the chance to have such an all-out sword fight considering what he blames Bond for.

DwightFry...

Who could have imagined? The abominable Die Another Day had a fun, entertaining Bond movie hidden behind it!

DF, I am impressed that you were able to say that after watching the edit. Even if you had given Icarus 7/10, I would have deemed that a success, having known how much you hate the original movie ;)

I agree with all the choices Last Survivor has made here, including the Q scene, which is about right and nothing seemed missing or abrupt to me, so redoing it doesn't justify a version 2 for my tastes (and if "Saved by the bell" is put back as another reviewer sort-of requested, I'll quit watching LS edits forever ;)

Wow, glad to hear someone else thought the Q scene worked well enough. I still feel the pacing is a little off, but I'm willing to make this sacrifice to avoid the over reliance on anniversary style references. And don't worry, there isn't going to be a v2, and if I put "Saved by the bell" back in, I would never edit anything ever again, such would be the shame!

The only thing that felt off to me was Jinx's "Bitch!" after stabbing Miranda, which felt edited and incomplete because of the delivery.

Interesting you found this to feel like it was edited. Obviously it was, but I apologise for it actually coming across this way. For a while I considered taking out any line from Jinx as she stabs Miranda, but I felt "bitch" was a fitting compromise. Oh well.

Oh, and thanks for the comments on the commentary. Glad you enjoyed it. I always feel like I'm babbling a bit during the second half of commentaries, but listening back it doesn't sound too bad.

Cheers guys :)

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Slightly OT, but I had to review the link to the rules to figure out how to DL again. It's been so long, the last time I got a fanedit it was through MegaUpload. Glad to get a chance to watch a fan edit take on this. I just got the Bond Blu Rays and DAD definitely could use this treatment. Thanks again for all your work!

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adam Appel-Prater said:
Slightly OT, but I had to review the link to the rules to figure out how to DL again. It's been so long, the last time I got a fanedit it was through MegaUpload. Glad to get a chance to watch a fan edit take on this. I just got the Bond Blu Rays and DAD definitely could use this treatment. Thanks again for all your work!

Hey there Adam... thanks for the comment and glad you enjoyed the edit and that you sorted out the downloading okay :)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey reaper... thanks so much for the review on IFDB. Glad you enjoyed the edit and I'm pleased I was able to make Brosnan's swansong more enjoyable ;)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The DVD5 for this has been reuploaded to Mega. DLC has been submitted to Info. Carry on.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
neglify said:
the dvd5 for this has been reuploaded to mega. Dlc has been submitted to info. Carry on my wayward son.

ftfy

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JUst watched the edit, great job by editing out all the jokes and one liners, it really works. I'm sure if the original film was closer to this then we might have got a few more Brosnan films and maybe even the Daniel Craig reboot wouldn't have taken place!:shock:

kombatrok

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First post, but I have finally gotten around to watching this edit. A big improvement over the original trainwreck of a film!

Thanks for a job well done

Top Bottom