• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Unpopular Opinions

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean the PT edits are what kinda started this whole thing, so yeah. But you also say RotJ, which doesn’t seem a popular fan edit source at all. There’s probably more ST edits out there than RotJ. People love what Lucas created and they want to see some things a bit differently. Hell, Lucas himself did fan edits in a way. Im not trying to argue with you. Honestly I’m not as that was one of the stipulations I had with this thread. Your opinion is your opinion and I respect that. But it does still seem to me to be an argument that could be used against all fan edits.

Unpopular opinion ….
I was making fan edits on VHS in the 80s….well before PT existed…and had made many on DVD from the moment the format lunched…
PT made the noise and got noticed…but many of us had been at it in secret….

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unpopular opinion ….
I was making fan edits on VHS in the 80s….well before PT existed…and had made many on DVD from the moment the format lunched…
PT made the noise and got noticed…but many of us had been at it in secret….
Kudos. I’m well aware of that. There’s a quite a few on here who are in your same boat. That doesn’t change the fact that the PT is the reason for the fan edit community. You don’t seem interested in responding to my specific inquiry, so we’ll leave it at that. I don’t think it’s a particularly unpopular opinion these days btw. A lot of fans of the prequels these days. Cheers.

LOL. Sorry @Wraith, I thought I was still replying to Editzilla. You’re one of the ones I was thinking of in my reply actually. I know edits existed before the PT, but there’s no denying it is the mist singular force in the history of fan editing.

Last edited:

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When you’re 52 you’ll only want to see sports on tv. 🤣

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When you’re 52 you’ll only want to see sports on tv. 🤣
I will have you know that my grandmother is 62 and she doesn't only watch sports on tv. She also watches Judge Judy and Survivor. So take that!
Gosh I hope I still have good taste in media when I'm old. Just kidding, that would require me to have good taste to begin with. But you get what I mean. If I ever suddenly develop a taste for sports and whatnot, take that as a sign that I've been replaced by an alien or something.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will have you know that my grandmother is 62 and she doesn't only watch sports on tv. She also watches Judge Judy and Survivor. So take that!
Gosh I hope I still have good taste in media when I'm old. Just kidding, that would require me to have good taste to begin with. But you get what I mean. If I ever suddenly develop a taste for sports and whatnot, take that as a sign that I've been replaced by an alien or something.
I think you misunderstood. 🤣 I’m saying I watch sports on tv because I’m too old to enjoy the crowds at the stadium anymore. 🤣 But thanks for calling me old.😜

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think you misunderstood. 🤣 I’m saying I watch sports on tv because I’m too old to enjoy the crowds at the stadium anymore. 🤣 But thanks for calling me old.😜
OH. I thought you meant that you're too old to enjoy anything else on tv. Whoops!
And you're not old, I just have exceptionally young grandparents/parents (compared to other people my age) which has given me a warped sense of time.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OLD..... My first fanedit!!!!!!!!!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here are some very early fanedits which I have kept...Ahh VHS!!!
To create a long enoigh tape for the PROTO MAGNUM OPUS, I carved the center of the VHS spindle down to allow me to splice in another 30 mins of tape (using a proper VHS splicer...there is such a thing)...and then did the whole transfer of the TRILOGY VHS Box set at LP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who says this ain't OCD????

Unpopular opinion = I AM UNWELL AND LOVE IT!

LOL
1673203122043-png.3223

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- CGI is awesome
- Jungle book remake is better than the original ( and also the only remake that's watchable )
- The only thing that's good about 2021 Dune are some of the visuals
- Tom Holland is the worst Spider-Man ( but not a bad one )
- Dumb and Dumber is the best comedy movie ever made
- The Last Guardian is the best game of all time

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- CGI is awesome

CGI is awesome, but it is often misused or overused, and it so no substitute for good practical effects. When it comes to live action filmmaking, it should more often be used to enhance what's on screen than replace having something on screen entirely, IMO.

- Jungle book remake is better than the original

No.

( and also the only remake that's watchable)

Probably.

- The only thing that's good about 2021 Dune are some of the visuals

Mostly agree, except that I'm not really a fan of it visually either.

- Tom Holland is the worst Spider-Man ( but not a bad one )

Agree.

- Dumb and Dumber is the best comedy movie ever made

Rewatched about half of this on a plane recently. It was fun but didn't really hold up against my memory.

- The Last Guardian is the best game of all time

Is that the one by the same studio as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus? I still need to play it.

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is that the one by the same studio as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus? I still need to play it.

Yes, it it is! I've completed it 4 times now. It's pure art. I tear up every time I play it. It isn't flawless and the game can get frustrating at times. But that's only caused by how unique and ambitious the game is. There is litterally nothing like it. NOTHING.

I don't think any comedy actually holds upto multiple viewings apart from maybe as good as it gets. But when it comes to first time viewings Dumb and Dumber is probably the most I've ever laughed in a movie lol. My favorite scene has to be the emotional 'I'm sorry mr perfect' line. So well acted by Jim Carrey lol.

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mostly agree. I also liked Jason Momoa; he's the only actor I felt shined in his role.
Yeah he was ok but not enough screentime or screen presence to have an impact. Compared to for example boromir in fellowship.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this where I chime in and say that I really enjoyed the Aladdin and Dumbo remakes?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If we’re offering unpopular opinions about remakes, I prefer Fistful of Dollars to Yojimbo. Though I wasn’t crazy about either.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure how unpopular this is but Invasion Of The Body Snatchers 1978 trump's the original easy.

On the flip side, The Ring 2002 is abhorrent.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure how unpopular this is but Invasion Of The Body Snatchers 1978 trump's the original easy.

Both are great in their own way, but the 70s one holds up better as an effective piece of horror.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If we’re offering unpopular opinions about remakes, I prefer Fistful of Dollars to Yojimbo. Though I wasn’t crazy about either.
I like Fistful Of Dollars, but I found it really dragged at some point in the middle. I want to say I prefer Yojimbo, but come to think of it, I don't remember much from it. 7 Samurai is a superior samurai flick, and The Good The Bad And The Ugly is a superior western imo, but that's another topic.

As far as remakes, Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 is way better than the original Halloween 2. Okay so that's a sequel to a remake more than a remake in itself, but still.

Top Bottom