• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Unpopular Opinions

If you could, as unbiasedly as possible, go back and imagine your first viewing had been Aerodynamik, what would your score be? Because I’d give that edit 3.5/5 had it been what was released. I think it’s a good, not great movie when a lot of the unnecessarily slowness is removed. But I was also expecting a train wreck, so I was happy it wasn’t just terrible.

Maybe a 3. There is plenty of other stuff which I was unsatisfied with in BR2049 that either couldn't be fixed, or I choose not to change/remove/fix/alter, I was only interested the idea of fixing the slowness to make a specific point. Perhaps I'll make an edit of it one day, that does more than change the pace.

I responded to other people then did my own. I didn't realize it was so many in a row until I finished. I tried to delete them but couldn't.

Rob Zombie's Halloween II is a masterpiece. And the Director's cut is the better version.

The Chronicles of Riddick is Vin Diesel’s best movie.

Star Trek movie opinions:
TMP- Pretty great honestly.
TWOK- Good movie, really not my personal favorite though I do get the love for it.
TSFS- Better than Khan imo.
TVH- Used to be my favorite. It's still fun, but all I can think of is how much they fuck up the timeline with no repercussions. Actually that sounds like something Enterprise would address. "I feel fine" hits me in the heart.
TFF- Came around on this one. There's a lot of dumb stuff, but it's fun and some of the little character moments are really good.
TUC- My favorite. 2, 3, and 6 make for a good trilogy. It made me happy when Enterprise paid homage to this movie with Archer going to the prison planet. The behind the scenes feature talking about that episode was neat too, apparently they got some of the same extras back for it. Don't have much to say about the movie itself, the cgi Klingon blood doesn't bother me as much on rewatch.
Generations- Only really care about the parts with Kirk, the rest is meh. Kirk's death makes me mad, he doesn't die alone like he forsees in TFF. This means that his reassurance there is all bullshit and he really could've died.
FC- Eh. Liked it enough the first time, tried watching it again and couldn't get into it, ended up shutting it off early on. I do like how much Enterprise ties into it tho.
Insurrection- Loved it, why is this movie so good? The only movie here where I don't really get why it's usually disliked.
Nemesis- Haven't watched it yet, whoops
2009- So darn good. Spock Prime harkens back to Kirk in Generations, and it works so well. Really love Karl Urban as Bones. Wait I'm straying from unpopular opinions aren't I?
ID- Also really good. Actually enjoyed it more than TWOK. I don't even entirely see it as just a rehash, I like how they tell a new story with the same villain. Don't really dig Khan's casting of course. Peter Weller is great, and far more engaging than his character in Enterprise.
Beyond- Once again, really good, though I don't think it's the best of the three like I've heard others say. The way Nimoy's death was worked into the plot was nice imo. The way that the Beastie Boys music cameos evolved into saving the day killed me. The reference to the Xindi made me happy.

Oh yeah, and I've sorta become a fan of Star Trek Enterprise. Shran is the best Star Trek character. I've only seen seasons 2-4, I need to track down season 1 sometime. I...didn't hate the finale, though I do get the complaints.

The Ring (2002) is one of the worst horror remakes in history, bar none.

The Ring (2002) is one of the worst horror remakes in history, bar none.

While I don't think it's bad per se, I've never understood its popularity. I found it mediocre long before I learned it was just a soulless remake.

While I don't think it's bad per se, I've never understood its popularity. I found it mediocre long before I learned it was just a soulless remake.
It was pg-13, so more accessible. It had a novel concept with a sense of relatability and tangibility to appeal to and spook the masses. It had a notable catchphrase (Seven days). Throw in some popular tropes of the time, and you have a movie that's bound to be popular. I wasn't around at the time, so this is all just assumption on my part. Perhaps a comparison could be made to the popularity of ANoES.
My mom would've been 20 at the time, and from what I've heard she was terrified of it, and still is afaik. It's a movie for young, casual moviegoers. For me, throughout school it was always the shitty pg-13 horror movies that I would hear people talking about.

ON that note, I like The Ring, until the ending ruins it. Like ANoES.

I mean, if it was just soulless, then I honestly would have tolerated it. But no, what really ticked me off was how they took Sadako from a tragic figure who would be quite at home with the Universal Monsters and made her some crappy Freddy Kruger knock-off who couldn't get to sleep above a barn............

And the ridiculous blue tint on everything. And them making the tape make no damn sense when it fine in the original (how the hell is the giant centipede on the tape if Samara never encountered it? Does it mean it's customized for everyone?). And the cabin being ridiculously dilapidated and ruined while the TV works? And the downgrade from Hiroyuki Sanada to that lame-ass tech nerd. AND.............................................................

..................................sorry, went off on a rant there. big Ring fan.

s-l400.jpg

I watched "The Man Who Fell To Earth" since watching it as a kid and I literally have no idea how I enjoyed it back then. For such a cult film, it seems so boring and drawn out. Bowie could have made that character a lot more alien and weird than it was. The film could have been more creative. It just seems like a wasted opportunity with Bowie's talent in a science fiction film. Maybe I just watched in a bad mood or my tastes have just changed over the years? But I wish someone on here could edit it and make it a bit less dull...

Let's hope I haven't triggered too many Bowie fans!

The majority of Star Wars Prequel and Return Of The Jedi fanedits are nothing but petty fanboyish tripe that have not aged well.

Oh no, the creator of Star Wars corrected your precious headcanon.....time to spend hours upon hours chopping up the films and messing around with the story to fit it regardless if it's barely watchable or understandable at all.

And when I say petty, I mean ridiculous bullshit like this in changelists:
- Cut: Removed the whole Palpatine talking to Mace conversation. Redundant and pointless because of the above mentioned cut. You can clearly see that Palpatine has enough time to carry on that conversation without showing it. Besides, right after that scene the same information is exchanged between Anakin and Organa. Most importantly, something just irritates me about Lucas’s daughters in the background. They seem out of place and not taking their father’s movie seriously. Bitch slap to the both of them.

Yeah, you're definitely trying to "improve" it and not a whiny dude with a hatred for Lucas for.....giving his family small cameos

(this is the edit that change was from btw: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-3-revenge-of-the-sith-special-edition/)

And ROTJ edits? Talk about not letting go grudges from over 20 years ago..........the only people who actually felt that the Ewoks were "cuddly cute munchkins" were you idiots who were appalled at Jedi being one iota lighter than Empire.

"We need to remove those evil Special Editions changes like Victory Celebration!!! NO PREQUEL IN MY HOLY SACRED HEADCANON, BRING BACK MUH GOOD NON-SILLY OT VRESIONS OF..................yub nub"

But noooooo, don't remove the Leia line about "her mother" being about Padme (despite it being Breha Organa but some will just ignore that). Nah, let's break canon and one of the whole damn points of Anakin's fall by having Leia live. mUh heADCaNon pREsERVed.

Sorry for the rant, but some fans' spoiled behavior has just been bugging me for a good long while and wanted it off my chest.

Like for crying out loud, 4K77 FAQ has this as one:
You people suck / what a waste of time and money / this is garbage / the prequels rule / etc.
Clearly, if you actually like The Prequels, you must be a pathetic troll and not a REALHONESTTRUEFAN!!!!!

(and congrats for turning me off to your restorations 4k77 team. definitly not supporting dumbass behavior like that.)

Last edited:
My own unpopular opinion;

Sports should not be on main TV channels.

'The Holidays' is the worst time of year.

Last edited:
The majority of Star Wars Prequel and Return Of The Jedi fanedits are nothing but petty fanboyish tripe that have not aged well.
I mean you’re not wrong, but I’m curious as to why single out those movies and not, say, the sequels… or every fan edit ever made. Isn’t the point of fan edits to change movies to fit the editors’ personal vision?

It's the one that's most like actual star trek rather than Hollywood blockbuster action film. I share this unpopular opinion. 😎
Roll on a 45min version…and you have a season 8 episode.. which is all the merit opus content would permit… anyone made that yet? Oh yeah… the TNG season 8 edits…
PERFECT!

I mean you’re not wrong, but I’m curious as to why single out those movies and not, say, the sequels… or every fan edit ever made. Isn’t the point of fan edits to change movies to fit the editors’ personal vision?
Because they're always the biggest fanedits in terms of popularity and almost all of them stem from lame reasons like being upset George ruined their headcanon.....

And that's not always the point of fanedits. Sometimes, it can be to try and restore the director's vision if it was lost like the Schumacher Cut of Batman Forever or to try and make the films closer to the source material like various Hobbit edits.

It could also be to have a classic film be edited to follow the point of view of another character like Halloween The Doctor's Cut or try something completely different like Escape from the Shining Alien Thing from Beyond the Stars.

It's the one that's most like actual star trek rather than Hollywood blockbuster action film. I share this unpopular opinion. 😎
Do you mean TNG films? Or Star Trek films in general?

Cause I think The Motion Picture is probably the best fit for "actual star trek".

Because they're always the biggest fanedits in terms of popularity and almost all of them stem from lame reasons like being upset George ruined their headcanon.....

And that's not always the point of fanedits. Sometimes, it can be to try and restore the director's vision if it was lost like the Schumacher Cut of Batman Forever or to try and make the films closer to the source material like various Hobbit edits.

It could also be to have a classic film be edited to follow the point of view of another character like Halloween The Doctor's Cut or try something completely different like Escape from the Shining Alien Thing from Beyond the Stars.
I mean the PT edits are what kinda started this whole thing, so yeah. But you also say RotJ, which doesn’t seem a popular fan edit source at all. There’s probably more ST edits out there than RotJ. People love what Lucas created and they want to see some things a bit differently. Hell, Lucas himself did fan edits in a way. Im not trying to argue with you. Honestly I’m not as that was one of the stipulations I had with this thread. Your opinion is your opinion and I respect that. But it does still seem to me to be an argument that could be used against all fan edits.

Back
Top Bottom