• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

X-Men: Dark Phoenix - The Cosmic Cut

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pBvkk8D.png

I saw Dark Phoenix on Blu-Ray and didn't hate the film as much as a lot of people did, I enjoyed it for the most part. So may as well make a little extended cut putting back some of the smaller deleted moments and the alternate ending with Prof X. 

Theatrical Cut - 1:53:56
Cosmic Cut - 1:57:33

ADDITIONS 
- Added Quicksilver signing an astronaut helmet for a kid when the X-Men arrive back from their mission
- Added Prof X coming home from the fancy dinner and seeing the aftermath of Jean's episode
- Added Cyclops telling the team what the Jean mission is, and Mystique and Beast talking about it potentially going sideways
- Added Prof X and Cyclops seeing the X-Jet hanger empty after Beast takes off for Genosha
- Added Prof X talking to Mystique's grave about what he had done wrong before he leaves the school

BONUS FEATURES
- Deleted and Extended Bits and Pieces (as taken from trailers and behind the scenes footage)
- Unused Deleted Scenes and Alternate Ending
- Director Simon Kinberg and Producer Butch Parker Commentary on Deleted Scenes
- Before and After Colour Correction on Deleted Scenes

The edit is all done and finished, PM me as usual.

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was hoping you were going to be doing an extended cut of this, and I'm glad to see you did. Expect a PM from me soon.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's good to finally see an extended cut of this bomb come to light, even if it ain't official. Say @"Bobson Dugnutt", do you suppose there's any pre-reshoot footage still on the cutting room floor that would've improved upon the movie's flaws?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gave it a review

The minimal points for narrative are not reflective of what I feel for the edit's narrative, more for my overall opinion of the original movie's narrative.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I completely forget to mention a few changes small changes that I had made and didn’t talk about.

I added the X-Men musical cue to the end of the 20th Century Fox fanfare in the same way that DOFP and Apocalypse did but Dark Phoenix forgone with it. Yet they had a new variant on the X in Fox having the same Phoenix effect that Jean has throughout the film.

I also added the custom X-Men Marvel logo taken from The Last Stand, which is something that @“theryaney” did with his Magneto edit.

Smoker1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does this include Hard Coded Subs for the Alien Language???

Nahuel91

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow thank you so much for this! You added "all" the deleted scenes back in!
I followed the production of this movie the whole way through, is a shame that disney meddling lead it to be just a forgettable mediocre entry in the franchise, because i was so hyped and the original 2 hours and a half cut sounded awesome, it was my most anticipated superhero movie of this year!
That was gonna be the true great ending to the franchise and the November release date was perfect!
Still, the movie we got was decent, and i am sure these added scenes make it better, thank you for doing this, i am really curious to see it.

Top Bottom