• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Postman: Spark of Hope

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like that but you need to bring baldy in right when he starts that dialogue.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I understand correctly, you mean cut back to the Postman and Briscoe right before the line "didn't think so?"

I also desaturated the footage of the people of Pineview a bit.
I have one other idea, I'll post it as soon as I've got some time.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, so I had this idea on how to possibly make it work. I don't have much time before I have to go to work, but I couldn't let the idea go and had to make a small test to see if this might work or not.
I think the concept could work. You would need to re-score the scene to help tie it together and add some extra emotional weight. Good idea. :)

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the concept could work. You would need to re-score the scene to help tie it together and add some extra emotional weight. Good idea. :)
That's actually a good idea. I didn't think about rescoring, I'll try it.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

I've removed the original music and added another piece of music from the OST.
I also added some background night ambience to fill in the gap of removing the original score. The change is gradually when Briscoe says "Johnny" and cuts gradually back to the original audio when the next scene starts (the mail clogging the door).

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The other idea I had didn't work. There's a shot of Johnny sowing his new uniform a few moments later in the movie. I thought of using that scene. But it created problems trying to rejoin the two shots before and after, to bridge the gap of the moved shot of Johnny.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've uploaded a clip of the intro texts I created into the opening thread. English is not my native language, but I did my best not to make any mistakes, please let me know if I did.

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should use DigModiFicaTion Star Wars Crawl creator and run those in white text but as a similiar crawl. It would be awesome.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haha, I like the way you think. I'm just not sure if it would fit this movie 😅

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No. I was joking. But I think that you should make them a little more off white and use a western type font like Birch or Dead Kansas.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did however consider changing "tyranny" to "tyranney" as a little inside joke, but I eventually decided the movie is too serious for that kind of humor.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I redid the intro texts, made the background more yellowish and the text more off-white yellowish. Also changed the font. I looked up a birch and I think it's a nice font, but I also found another. The question is, which one is better and is maybe the original font better? Or maybe even another one?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like both very much. For this, it completely comes down to editor's flavour. Go with which one appeals the most to your sense of style. Though I do think Intro #2 could benefit from being a few font sizes smaller.

Also, could each title card stay on the screen for a few seconds longer?

spotted one typo: "beliefs" not believes.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like both very much. For this, it completely comes down to editor's flavour. Go with which one appeals the most to your sense of style. Though I do think Intro #2 could benefit from being a few font sizes smaller.

Also, could each title card stay on the screen for a few seconds longer?

spotted one typo: "beliefs" not believes.
I personally like the second. Yes, I can make them stay a bit longer on screen.
Thanks for spotting the typo, if you see any more, please let me know.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay Particle,

I personally like the first. It seems to fit the western post Civil War vibe of the movie. I love the off yellow color. I would adjust it so that it is a tad smaller and spaced better. Also, as far as typos go...it's grammatically incorrect in several places. Do you want to fix that? I can help.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've uploaded a small trailer. I'm not really good at those things, I hope you guys like it. I've inserted it into the first post.

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay Particle,

I personally like the first. It seems to fit the western post Civil War vibe of the movie. I love the off yellow color. I would adjust it so that it is a tad smaller and spaced better. Also, as far as typos go...it's grammatically incorrect in several places. Do you want to fix that? I can help.
Yes Art, please help me with the grammar. I'm Dutch and English is not my main language. But I do want the texts to be correct.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes Art, please help me with the grammar. I'm Dutch and English is not my main language. But I do want the texts to be correct.
Okay, I will rewrite it for you. Grammatically correct. You do have Amsterdam! 😁

Top Bottom