• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I reckon if I devote the rest of my day watching this 10-minute loop on a loop, it'll be time profitably spent:

Eyepainter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if someone else already mentioned this guy, but I find outdated tech channels like Technology Connections utterly fascinating! This is just the first video he's done on betamax, and I find his other videos on the subject interesting. Check this guy out when you have a chance!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any gamers here? I've only played Oblivion (and put in a ridiculous amount of hours to it without ever playing to the end) but what I take away from this is that the 2nd one, Daggerfall, is a real gem that a lot of people (uh...me) should go back and give a shot. Looks like it's free on Steam?!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any gamers here? I've only played Oblivion (and put in a ridiculous amount of hours to it without ever playing to the end) but what I take away from this is that the 2nd one, Daggerfall, is a real gem that a lot of people (uh...me) should go back and give a shot. Looks like it's free on Steam?!
Check out the also free easier to run version (Daggerfall Unity), here (if you have trouble with the Steam version) :

Last edited:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A very useful overview of Ray Harryhausen's filmography for newbs like me, but, no disrespect to @The Scribbling Man, if Jason and the Argonauts is really the best film featuring his work... yikes. Though I enjoyed aspects of Jason and the Argonauts: B+ Movie Edition, at least two of the Sinbad films covered here look more inventive and charming overall:

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A very useful overview of Ray Harryhausen's filmography for newbs like me, but, no disrespect to @The Scribbling Man, if Jason and the Argonauts is really the best film featuring his work... yikes. I enjoyed aspects of Jason and the Argonauts: B+ Movie Edition, but at least two of the Sinbad films covered here look more inventive and charming overall:

Jason is his most iconic, but in no way is it the best film he's worked on. The first Sinbad, Beast from 20,000 fathoms, 10 Million Miles to Earth and Valley of Gwanji all hold much more appeal for me.

Edit: but, of course, most of them have pacing issues and are on my list to tackle! Sinbad probably holds up the best in that regard.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A very useful overview of Ray Harryhausen's filmography for newbs like me, but, no disrespect to @The Scribbling Man, if Jason and the Argonauts is really the best film featuring his work... yikes. Though I enjoyed aspects of Jason and the Argonauts: B+ Movie Edition, at least two of the Sinbad films covered here look more inventive and charming overall:

...the Argonauts is probably the best film overall that he's worked on, but certainly not the most creative. In terms of HH's contributions, those two Sinbad films are cream of the crop I think. Just so magical. (No pun intended.)

If anyone out there is a fan of excellent, stylish animation, I spent a lot of August and some of September diving deep into some short anime films and experimental work, in particular from industry giant: Studio 4C. This is a music video they did for gyaru pop idol Ayumi Hamasaki, directed by Koji Morimoto, who's worked on everything from Akira to The Animatrix, Kiki's Delivery Service to City Hunter.

Really stylish animation and a kind of lovey-dovey dreamy sci-fi wholesomeness to the video "narrative". 4C has done far worse.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The proof-of-concept video for Buffy: The Animated Series

All the cast came back to do voices, except for Sarah Michelle Gellar...her amazing sound-alike voice actress from all the games and other media stepped in. God****, this series was ahead of its time! Completely captures the magic of those early Buffy The Vampire Slayer episodes...the rhythm, the phrasing, the balance of plotting. Justifies being animation by including elements that would be too expensive for TV. Keeps the style simple yet cool, like Batman: TAS. I can completely see this having a home on Cartoon Network years after it was pitched (2001) or on streaming nowadays. Such a shame this never got picked up.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This isn't the usual kind of video for this space, but a lot of these movies fit the tone of the season, and if you're a big Del Toro fan like me, this video is pretty "awesome":

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the more excited closet picks:

The Cranes Are Flying and A Man Escaped! They know their stuff.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brigette Helm doing some techno, 1927 style:

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty cool...that section from about 1:50 really could've been a '90s Nine Inch Nails video.
Man, the colorization of the shots of the guys leering really makes it grotesque.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Credit to @TM2YC for finding this fake trailer online for Shallow Grave as a sitcom. It's so perfect, I love it. My only quibble is it would be fun to suddenly end it with a bit of the dark ultra-violence the film eventually features.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Found this amazing video that's like a Cinematography 101 class in 15 minutes:

It's more chronological than it is a "ranking" per se, though if you pay attention to this sort of thing, you can probably name several of the top positions right now...

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I just found out about this, which apparently was totally a thing that flummoxed people in the UK:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A magnificent piece of audio fanediting art (for what purpose I don't know) but I like it:

"The Beatles' Album Discography, but only when they say "come""

Top Bottom