• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halloween II: The Return of Michael Myers (2018/Kills edit)

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
View media item 781
So I was planning on putting together a "simple" combo edit of these two movies by just pretty much cutting and pasting the two edits I'd already done. Once I finally sat down and started though, it ended up being a much, much more intensive process and definitely became it's own thing. I wanted to give it a more tolerable runtime so you could watch it and really feel like it was indeed one movie. After all my cutting and restructuring, I ended up with an edit that is 2 hour and 21 minutes which i felt wasn't too crazy. To anyone that has watched either my 2018 or Kills edits, I do feel this is its own viewing experience. A lot more cuts, a lot of scene placement changes, a lot of music cue changes on top of other things. Below is a pretty extensive cutlist for anyone interested. The title is my nod to my favorite Halloween sequel and an easy way to differentiate from Halloween II (1981).

Edit currently being previewed by a few people to check on audio/video editing and audio levels. A few minor changes may follow but I hope to have this ready and listed by early to mid September.

1. Halloween Kills 78 flashback used to start movie. Gunshots and dialogue from Halloween II (“call the police… tell the sheriff i shot him…”) play over newly constructed studio credits with “The Shape Stalks” from Halloween 78 extended into it.
  2. Trimmed Lonnie being bullied.
  3. Inserted scene of Lonnie seeing Michael behind bushes from Halloween Kills extended cut.
  4. Cut Lonnie aplologizing for bullying Tommy Doyle to Michael.
  5. Trimmed Lonnie’s dialogue to the cops.
  6. Cut McCabe dialogue before being attacked. Shot cropped to maintain continuity.
  7. Cut Hawkins talking to Loomis.
  8. Newly constructed opening custom credits. Pumpkin from Halloween 2018 and score “Halloween Kills End Titles” used.
  9. New “October 28th, 2018” title card added.
  10. Trimmed Aaron and Dana talking about Michael.
  11. Cut Sartain mentioning Tivoli.
  12. Rescored very end of Smith’s Grove scene with “Mannequin Panic” from the Halloween 2018 soundtrack.
  13. Cut podcasters meeting Laurie and Laurie watching Allyson in school. Gun range now first time we see her.
  14. Added “October 30th, 2018” and “Haddonfield, Illinois” title cards.
  15. Cut “peanut butter on my penis” line and trimmed Ray’s dialogue afterwords.
  16. Cut Laurie dry firing shotgun with gun right by her freaking face.
  17. Trimmed Ray's dialogue at the dinner table.
  18. Cut Laurie referring to Michael as “The Shape” at dinner.
  19. Cut hunter and son stumbling upon bus crash. Cut Hawkins finding hunter’s body because of this.
  20. Cut scene with Hawkins and Sheriff in the hospital with Sartain.
  21. Cut entire scene of Laurie sneaking into Karen’s house.
  22. Centered shot of Michael from the inside of the car after he’s retrieved his mask. Cut blank black screen that followed.
  23. Deleted two shots of trick or treaters to be repurposed later.
  24. Trimmed initial Vicky and Julian scene.
  25. Trimmed scene of Dave's arrival at Julian's houses.
  26. Inserted initial bar scene from Halloween Kills (Tommy’s speech). Masked out “Halloween Night 2018” from establishing shot.
  27. Cut Vanessa and Marcus talking about botched Halloween party.
  28. Drastically altered Tommy’s speech and trimmed 1978 flashbacks.
  29. Cut Vicky pretending to talk to someone in Julian’s room.
  30. Vicky’s attack trimmed with Julian’s dialogue omitted.
  31. Repurposed trick or treater footage used to cut away from small children wearing Silver Shamrock masks. Done to prevent redundancy with teenagers from Kills who wear them.
  32. Trimmed Hawkins in Julian’s house.
  33. Cut Hawkins seeing Dave’s tattoo.
  34. Trimmed dialogue between sheriff and Hawkins.
  35. Rescored Allyson seeing Oscar’s body with “Michael Kills” from Halloween 2018. “Shape Hunts Allyson” repurposed later.
  36. Trimmed Laurie giving guns to Ray and Karen.
  37. Cut Sartain wearing Michael’s mask.
  38. Inserted scene of Cameron finding Hawkin’s body from Halloween Kills.
  39. Inserted bar scene two from Halloween Kills (the gang talks to the bartender, Cameron calls Lonnie).
  40. Cut footage of Cameron at crime scene.
  41. Cut banh mi sandwich talk with the cops.
  42. Trimmed Michael stomping on Sartain’s head.
  43. Ray’s demise rescored with restructured “The Fog Enters Town” by John Carpenter with stinger added. “Ray’s Goodbye” repurposed later.
  44. Cut Michael stumbling after killing Ray.
  45. Added footsteps and sound of Karen picking up garage door opener.
  46. Cut Allyson stumbling upon mannequins in the Forrest.
  47. Trimmed Laurie looking for Michael as well as mannequin room scene.
  48. Cut “Happy Halloween MIchael.”
  49. House on fire trimmed and rescored with extended “The Shape Hunts Allyson” from Halloween 2018. Minor changes to sound design.
  50. Cut closeup of Allyson holding knife.
  51. Inserted scene of bar goers watching news footage.
  52. Cut Tivoli and Julian out of news footage and cut parking lot scene with Tivoli. All Tivoli footage cut from Kills.
  53. Trimmed firefighter scene.
  54. Trimmed elderly couple death scenes.
  55. Cut scene with cops seeing massacre at Laurie’s compound.
  56. Cut hospital scenes with Allyson seeing Sartain’s body.
  57. Inserted Big John and Little John with trick or treaters.
  58. Trimmed Karen and Allyson talking to cops at the hospital.
  59. Trimmed hallways scene with Karen, Allyson, and Cameron.
  60. Cut Halloween 2018 flashbacks while Allyson is giving Laurie the knife.
  61. Cut Allyson’s “Michael Myers has haunted this town for 40 years…”
  62. Cut Tommy referencing his “altercation” with Michael earlier in the night as this doesn’t happen now.
  63. Trimmed Marcus’s death scene.
  64. Cut music and recreated sound design for Michael looking at Vanessa’s body.
  65. Rescored Michael vs Lindsay with a combo of “The Shape Kills” and “Ray’s Goodbye” from Halloween 2018. Trimmed scene.
  66. Changed shot composition of Michael chasing Lindsay.
  67. Cut scene with Lindsay talking to everyone by the cars after she’s been found.
  68. Cut Brackett and random woman saying “evil dies tonight.”
  69. Trimmed both Laurie stabbing herself with needle and her dialogue to Karen afterwards.
  70. Moved up scene with map of Haddonfield in Lonnie’s car.
  71. Cut entire second Big/Little John scene.
  72. Cut entire Tivoli chase in the hospital and all small hospital bits included in it.
  73. Cut hospital scene with Laurie and Hawkins talking about “Michael’s masterpiece” including second and third 1978 flashbacks.
  74. Cut both the 1978 and 2018 flashbacks while Hawkins talks about Michael looking at his reflection.
  75. Hawkins saying Michael’s “wants only one thing” played over a shot of the Myers house.
  76. Cut Karen and Tommy in the parking lot.
  77. Michael storms out of the closet earlier now.
  78. Cut Allyson yelling “ DO IT!” as Michael tries to stab her. Restructured “Unkillable” from Halloween Kills to do this.
  79. Trimmed Karen goading Michael to chase her.
  80. Cut Karen saying “gotcha” by the car as it’s too repetitive.
  81. Cut Laurie’s final monologue. Restructured version of “Michael’s Legacy” used to accomplish this.
  82. Cut Karen imagining 6 year old Michael in the window.
  83. Finale restructured. We now see how Michael escaped the mob simultaneously with him murdering Karen.
  84. Mob murders trimmed with some shots from extended cut used.
  85. Michael looking at his reflection used as final shot.
  86. Custom closing credits.

Last edited:

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love them all! Thank you so much for that!

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got this down to 2hr16min with credits after some additional trimming. I’d love to get another 5 or 6 minutes cut but I think I’m reaching the limit of what I can coherently cut and keep the narrative I currently have. I do have 77 minutes cut so I guess that’s not too bad. Sitting down with friends to preview tomorrow and finally watch start to finish myself. Probably some minor adjustements after that but should be able to list soon.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't find anything wrong with the edit on the first couple passes. What else are you cutting bud?

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anything else that’s being cut is really very minor changes. No more full scenes being cut.

Cut the “let it burn” scene. The scene before and after play better without it.

Additional cuts to the Smith’s Grove scene.

Trimmed first part of Big/Litttle John initial scene.

Trimmed Laurie arriving at Karen’s.

Trimmed shots of Laurie locking her doors.

Trims cops finding Sartain’s body.

Added back in shot of Tommy calling Lonnie from the hospital.

So yeah, really very minor trims. I feel the narrative is locked.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fact you've got this down to 2 hours 16 minutes is very exciting... the cutlist is looking great and even as someone who has so many problems with Kills, I am looking forward to watching this, hopefully before Ends comes out ;)

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fact you've got this down to 2 hours 16 minutes is very exciting...
Your little nudge to get it under 2 hours and 35 minutes was helpful and I feel this new runtime definitely helps it feel like a singular film.
You definitely want to watch this!
Thank you so much for the vote of confidence in this edit!

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ran into some maddeningly frustrating issues with FCPX which have prevented me from being able to share this but I think I finally have that resolved and should be listing in the next few days.

Last edited:

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little taste of the rescoring for anyone that is interested. The audio issues I’ve been having left me wanting to punch a hole in the world (crackling audio in the render that isn’t in the uploaded file) but I think it’s going to be good now. The music originally in this scene was more than adequate but I wanted to use it in a different section. Tried to think outside of the box on this and landed with a piece of music from another John Carpenter score, The Fog. Though it’s from 30 years ago, it oddly fit right in with the new scores Carpenter and his sons were producing. Enjoy!

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little taste of the rescoring for anyone that is interested. The audio issues I’ve been having left me wanting to punch a hole in the world (crackling audio in the render that isn’t in the uploaded file) but I think it’s going to be good now. The music originally in this scene was more than adequate but I wanted to use it in a different section. Tried to think outside of the box on this and landed with a piece of music from another John Carpenter score, The Fog. Though it’s from 30 years ago, it oddly fit right in with the new scores Carpenter and his sons were producing. Enjoy!

This works remarkably well... far better than I anticipated considering how well I know The Fog score. I was thinking I wouldn't be able to disassociate myself from the film itself, but I actually did simply because it fits the mood of the scene so well. Love the way it just gently fades out as we the audience anticipate Michael crashing through the door! Good work.

JoryTheGreat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic!

What Ryantology did is fix Halloween 2018 and redeem Halloween Kills AND mash them into one movie that clocks in at less than two and a half hours in length! He managed to cut out a great deal of the senseless dialogue riddled throughout these movies such as "peanut butter on my penis", "Michael, you've come home" or even Allison screaming "do it" to Michael when he was about to stab her. I am a big Halloween fan and did enjoy 2018 in theaters. However, Halloween Kills was very disappointing for me as well as most of the world. Ryan cut out the worst parts of that movie such as the entire hospital scene, everything to do with Tivoli's character and "evil dies tonight" (Which is now only said once in the film). There are no cuts that are jarring whatsoever. Everything moves fluidly throughout this well thought out version of the movie. The movie starts off with the 1978 flashback from Halloween Kills and all throughout the Halloween 2018 movie are scenes that were moved from Halloween Kills, making the movie flow better as the Halloween night progressed. The last thing changed that I really enjoyed was the score! He re scored some scenes which really made them play out much better than they originally did. It really is crazy how someone can do all this with only the footage they have of the films and come up with something way better than what the producers came up with and for $0.

Long story short, THIS is the way to watch these movies. Take the 2018 and Kills DVD that you have, chuck them outside and burn THIS version to a disc. It's better. Enough said.
When Halloween Ends comes out and disappoints us, I will wait for it to come out to video. Then, I am going to go right to my PC and message Ryan in hopes that he will fix that movie too!

10/10

- Jory

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It’s been brought to my attention that there’s a slight volume issue with the file I currently have and a few scenes play a lot louder. I’ll work to fix this tonight and have a new link to share with people. I think because I was having Final Cut issues near the very end of this edit, there were some volume issues that slipped by.

LeonKennedy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, this seems amazing! Just watched the trilogy last night and i'm looking forward to watch this.

AndyTalks

Reaction score
Trophy Points
View media item 781
So I was planning on putting together a "simple" combo edit of these two movies by just pretty much cutting and pasting the two edits I'd already done. Once I finally sat down and started though, it ended up being a much, much more intensive process and definitely became it's own thing. I wanted to give it a more tolerable runtime so you could watch it and really feel like it was indeed one movie. After all my cutting and restructuring, I ended up with an edit that is 2 hour and 21 minutes which i felt wasn't too crazy. To anyone that has watched either my 2018 or Kills edits, I do feel this is its own viewing experience. A lot more cuts, a lot of scene placement changes, a lot of music cue changes on top of other things. Below is a pretty extensive cutlist for anyone interested. The title is my nod to my favorite Halloween sequel and an easy way to differentiate from Halloween II (1981).

Edit currently being previewed by a few people to check on audio/video editing and audio levels. A few minor changes may follow but I hope to have this ready and listed by early to mid September.

1. Halloween Kills 78 flashback used to start movie. Gunshots and dialogue from Halloween II (“call the police… tell the sheriff i shot him…”) play over newly constructed studio credits with “The Shape Stalks” from Halloween 78 extended into it.
  2. Trimmed Lonnie being bullied.
  3. Inserted scene of Lonnie seeing Michael behind bushes from Halloween Kills extended cut.
  4. Cut Lonnie aplologizing for bullying Tommy Doyle to Michael.
  5. Trimmed Lonnie’s dialogue to the cops.
  6. Cut McCabe dialogue before being attacked. Shot cropped to maintain continuity.
  7. Cut Hawkins talking to Loomis.
  8. Newly constructed opening custom credits. Pumpkin from Halloween 2018 and score “Halloween Kills End Titles” used.
  9. New “October 28th, 2018” title card added.
  10. Trimmed Aaron and Dana talking about Michael.
  11. Cut Sartain mentioning Tivoli.
  12. Rescored very end of Smith’s Grove scene with “Mannequin Panic” from the Halloween 2018 soundtrack.
  13. Cut podcasters meeting Laurie and Laurie watching Allyson in school. Gun range now first time we see her.
  14. Added “October 30th, 2018” and “Haddonfield, Illinois” title cards.
  15. Cut “peanut butter on my penis” line and trimmed Ray’s dialogue afterwords.
  16. Cut Laurie dry firing shotgun with gun right by her freaking face.
  17. Trimmed Ray's dialogue at the dinner table.
  18. Cut Laurie referring to Michael as “The Shape” at dinner.
  19. Cut hunter and son stumbling upon bus crash. Cut Hawkins finding hunter’s body because of this.
  20. Cut scene with Hawkins and Sheriff in the hospital with Sartain.
  21. Cut entire scene of Laurie sneaking into Karen’s house.
  22. Centered shot of Michael from the inside of the car after he’s retrieved his mask. Cut blank black screen that followed.
  23. Deleted two shots of trick or treaters to be repurposed later.
  24. Trimmed initial Vicky and Julian scene.
  25. Trimmed scene of Dave's arrival at Julian's houses.
  26. Inserted initial bar scene from Halloween Kills (Tommy’s speech). Masked out “Halloween Night 2018” from establishing shot.
  27. Cut Vanessa and Marcus talking about botched Halloween party.
  28. Drastically altered Tommy’s speech and trimmed 1978 flashbacks.
  29. Cut Vicky pretending to talk to someone in Julian’s room.
  30. Vicky’s attack trimmed with Julian’s dialogue omitted.
  31. Repurposed trick or treater footage used to cut away from small children wearing Silver Shamrock masks. Done to prevent redundancy with teenagers from Kills who wear them.
  32. Trimmed Hawkins in Julian’s house.
  33. Cut Hawkins seeing Dave’s tattoo.
  34. Trimmed dialogue between sheriff and Hawkins.
  35. Rescored Allyson seeing Oscar’s body with “Michael Kills” from Halloween 2018. “Shape Hunts Allyson” repurposed later.
  36. Trimmed Laurie giving guns to Ray and Karen.
  37. Cut Sartain wearing Michael’s mask.
  38. Inserted scene of Cameron finding Hawkin’s body from Halloween Kills.
  39. Inserted bar scene two from Halloween Kills (the gang talks to the bartender, Cameron calls Lonnie).
  40. Cut footage of Cameron at crime scene.
  41. Cut banh mi sandwich talk with the cops.
  42. Trimmed Michael stomping on Sartain’s head.
  43. Ray’s demise rescored with restructured “The Fog Enters Town” by John Carpenter with stinger added. “Ray’s Goodbye” repurposed later.
  44. Cut Michael stumbling after killing Ray.
  45. Added footsteps and sound of Karen picking up garage door opener.
  46. Cut Allyson stumbling upon mannequins in the Forrest.
  47. Trimmed Laurie looking for Michael as well as mannequin room scene.
  48. Cut “Happy Halloween MIchael.”
  49. House on fire trimmed and rescored with extended “The Shape Hunts Allyson” from Halloween 2018. Minor changes to sound design.
  50. Cut closeup of Allyson holding knife.
  51. Inserted scene of bar goers watching news footage.
  52. Cut Tivoli and Julian out of news footage and cut parking lot scene with Tivoli. All Tivoli footage cut from Kills.
  53. Trimmed firefighter scene.
  54. Trimmed elderly couple death scenes.
  55. Cut scene with cops seeing massacre at Laurie’s compound.
  56. Cut hospital scenes with Allyson seeing Sartain’s body.
  57. Inserted Big John and Little John with trick or treaters.
  58. Trimmed Karen and Allyson talking to cops at the hospital.
  59. Trimmed hallways scene with Karen, Allyson, and Cameron.
  60. Cut Halloween 2018 flashbacks while Allyson is giving Laurie the knife.
  61. Cut Allyson’s “Michael Myers has haunted this town for 40 years…”
  62. Cut Tommy referencing his “altercation” with Michael earlier in the night as this doesn’t happen now.
  63. Trimmed Marcus’s death scene.
  64. Cut music and recreated sound design for Michael looking at Vanessa’s body.
  65. Rescored Michael vs Lindsay with a combo of “The Shape Kills” and “Ray’s Goodbye” from Halloween 2018. Trimmed scene.
  66. Changed shot composition of Michael chasing Lindsay.
  67. Cut scene with Lindsay talking to everyone by the cars after she’s been found.
  68. Cut Brackett and random woman saying “evil dies tonight.”
  69. Trimmed both Laurie stabbing herself with needle and her dialogue to Karen afterwards.
  70. Moved up scene with map of Haddonfield in Lonnie’s car.
  71. Cut entire second Big/Little John scene.
  72. Cut entire Tivoli chase in the hospital and all small hospital bits included in it.
  73. Cut hospital scene with Laurie and Hawkins talking about “Michael’s masterpiece” including second and third 1978 flashbacks.
  74. Cut both the 1978 and 2018 flashbacks while Hawkins talks about Michael looking at his reflection.
  75. Hawkins saying Michael’s “wants only one thing” played over a shot of the Myers house.
  76. Cut Karen and Tommy in the parking lot.
  77. Michael storms out of the closet earlier now.
  78. Cut Allyson yelling “ DO IT!” as Michael tries to stab her. Restructured “Unkillable” from Halloween Kills to do this.
  79. Trimmed Karen goading Michael to chase her.
  80. Cut Karen saying “gotcha” by the car as it’s too repetitive.
  81. Cut Laurie’s final monologue. Restructured version of “Michael’s Legacy” used to accomplish this.
  82. Cut Karen imagining 6 year old Michael in the window.
  83. Finale restructured. We now see how Michael escaped the mob simultaneously with him murdering Karen.
  84. Mob murders trimmed with some shots from extended cut used.
  85. Michael looking at his reflection used as final shot.
  86. Custom closing credits.
will you be redoing this since Halloween ends came out?

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hopefully reinserting the Tivoli chase and "Michael's Masterpiece" lines as well. Those tie into Ends.

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
will you be redoing this since Halloween ends came out?
Most likely not. If Ends took place on the same night I could see myself doing it. The time jump would make the edit feel very disjointed if I tried to combine them. Also, I just really wasn’t a fan of Ends. I get that it tried to do something different but it didn’t do it well. The romance and a certain character’s descent into madness seemed rushed and very contrived, especially the romance. I may try to tackle an edit solely consisting of Ends but I haven’t really decided if I could make something I like.

Hopefully reinserting the Tivoli chase and "Michael's Masterpiece" lines as well. Those tie into Ends.
I can see someone else doing that but I most likely won’t myself. What made Michael interesting as a character to me is that he was just simply evil. Evil to the point of not even really being a human being anymore. Kills and Ends played with people being driven to evil or having evil passed to them and that’s honestly an idea that doesn’t resonate as strongly with me.

Top Bottom