• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Your Music Collection

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADDED

• Adele: 21; 25
  • Susan Aglukark: Big Feeling
  • Joan Armatrading: This Charming Life
  • Tori Amos: To Venus and Back
  • Joan Baez: Joan Baez, Vol. 2
  • The Box: The Pleasure and the Pain
  • Brulé: The Collection
  • Johnny Cash: American III: Solitary Man; American IV: The Man Comes Around
  • Rosanne Cash: Black Cadillac; The List
  • Tracy Chapman: Matters of the Heart
  • Jakob Dylan: Seeing Things
  • Matthew Good: White Light Rock & Roll Review
  • Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris: All the Roadrunning
  • Sinead O'Connor: Am I Not Your Girl?
  • Tom Petty: Highway Companion
  • The Proclaimers: Sunshine on Leith
  • The Rankin Family: The Rankin Family; Fare Thee Well Love; North Country; Endless Seasons
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Anthology: Through the Years
  • The Watchmen: McLaren Furnace Room; Silent Radar
  • Wide Mouth Mason: Wide Mouth Mason

Most of these albums came from my mama's collection. She passed away two weeks ago.

Last edited:

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADDED

• Adele: 19
  • Tracy Chapman: Telling Stories
  • Sass Jordan: Racine
  • Live: Mental Jewelry
  • Pink Floyd: The Wall
  • The Rankin Family: Uprooted
  • Wide Mouth Mason: Where I Started
  • John Williams: Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic: Running with Scissors
  • The Simpsons Sing the Blues

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADDED

• Susan Aglukark: Arctic Rose
  • Fiona Apple: When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right
  • Adrian Boult: Holst: The Planets
  • Rosanne Cash: She Remembers Everything
  • Celine Dion: Unison
  • Nigel Kennedy: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons
  • Tom Petty: Wildflowers
  • The Police: Reggatta de Blanc
  • Sun Ra: We Travel the Space Ways/Bad and Beautiful

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADDED

• Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man; Old Ideas
  • Concrete Blonde: Walking in London
  • Marcy Playground: Marcy Playground
  • Matchbox Twenty: Yourself or Someone Like You
  • Mike Oldfield: The Orchestral Tubular Bells
  • Red Rider: Neruda
  • Vangelis: China
  • White Zombie: Supersexy Swingin' Sounds

WEEDED

• Ennio Morricone: The Mission

Last edited:

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADDED

• David Bowie & Trevor Jones: Labyrinth
  • Tracy Chapman: Let It Rain
  • Leonard Cohen: The Future; Ten New Songs; Dear Heather
  • The Doors: The Doors
  • Filter: Short Bus
  • Fleetwood Mac: Behind the Mask
  • Jethro Tull: Aqualung
  • Olivia Newton-John: Grace and Gratitude
  • Ozzy Osbourne: No More Tears
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magick; Stadium Arcadium
  • Seether: Karma and Effect
  • Tangerine Dream: Optical Race
  • Tears for Fears: The Hurting
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic: Off the Deep End
  • Rob Zombie: Hellbilly Deluxe

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yesterday at the mall l picked up I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love by My Chemical Romance at Newbury Comics, on vinyl of course because l'm pretentious like that. Early Sunsets Over Monroeville is really something special, and Honey This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us is so darn catchy. Vampires Will Never Hurt You is alright sometimes, and the rest l could honestly take or leave, but nonetheless l'm happy to add it to my collection.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yesterday at the mall l picked up I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love by My Chemical Romance at Newbury Comics, on vinyl of course because l'm pretentious like that. Early Sunsets Over Monroeville is really something special, and Honey This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us is so darn catchy. Vampires Will Never Hurt You is alright sometimes, and the rest l could honestly take or leave, but nonetheless l'm happy to add it to my collection.
Just grabbed Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge at walmart, couldn't not get it after my last purchase. I've never actually listened to the album all the way through, but Helena is super catchy and I'm Not Okay is a favorite.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Found In the Court of the Crimson King, Record Club of America edition for whatever that's worth, at the flea market this morning, it's now the oldest record l own which is neat. Wish l still had the opportunity to display these on the wall, this cover is always worth displaying. Got it from the same guy who had previously sold me a box of assorted comics at a discount, old guys can be cool sometimes.

I feel pretentious for buying records, but really l just think they're neat.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel pretentious for buying records, but really l just think they're neat.

They are. Especially if they have nice cover art.

I'd like to get into vinyl, but money's too tight for me to make that sort of investment, and circumstances'll probably remain that way for a long time to come.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADDED

• Alice in Chains: Facelift; Alice in Chains
  • Genesis: A Trick of the Tail
  • The Grapes of Wrath: Seems Like Fate 1984-1992
  • Kenny Wayne Shepherd: Ledbetter Heights
  • T'Pau: Bridge of Spies
  • White Zombie: Astro-Creep: 2000

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I accidentally bought an album by The Cars, because I misread the fancy writing and thought it said The Cure. Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder! I can't stop laughing at my mistake.

Also bought something by The Psychedelic Furs, who I'm not familliar with whatsoever, but I was feeling adventurous and took the vendor's recommendation. With records, I usually only buy stuff that I'm already deeply familliar with.

Also also grabbed a Billy Idol, because his radio hits are darn catchy and I'm terribly curious to listen to more.

Haven't mentioned that I've been slowly building up my Styx collection, nabbed Paradise Theatre last week, also have Cornerstone, Grand Illusion, and of course Kilroy Was Here which is clearly the best.

Oh, I also recently acquired the Batman Forever soundtrack on cassette, because of course I did, as well as The Simpsons Sing The Blues.

I Think the last thing I haven't mentioned yet is Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell. Oh, and The Beatles' Abbey Road, which is unfortunately scratched to hell and is thus a chore to listen to, but I shouldn't expect anything else when it was only a dollar.

Oh, to bookend this nicely, I totally forgot to mention that I did in fact successfully get a The Cure record a few weeks ago, The Upstairs Room/The Dream/The Walk/Lament 12" single. As a musical idiot, it took me forever to remember how to change the speed on my record player. I've said it before, I don't know dick about vinyl collecting or whatever, I just think they're neat.

Bonus, I will also mention that I picked up Pink Floyd's The Wall movie, and I'm almost scared to watch it. I've heard that it's quite the experience. Should I try getting into Pink Floyd in general? I dunno.

MaxRacc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
All music is stored as MP3 files and is typically played off an iPod Video
Artist - Album(s)
100 Gecs - 100 Gecs, 1000 Gecs
The 1975 - The 1975 (Deluxe), A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships, I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It, Notes on a Conditional Form, Being Funny in a Foreign Language.
Casiopea - CASIOPEA, Make Up City, Mint Jams
death's dynamic shroud.wmv - I'll Try Living Like This
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown, American Idiot, Awesome as Fuck (Deluxe), Dookie
Himiko Kikuchi - FLYING BEAGLE
Hiromasa Suzuki - High Flying
Jared Emerson-Johnson - Sam and Max Save The World, Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space
Joji - BALLADS 1, Nectar
kendall :3 - dirt, act v
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, Living Things, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight
Misha - In My Head (feat. Flozigg)
Nirvana - Nevermind (Deluxe Edition)
Red Vox - Another Light, Blood Bagel, Kerosene, Realign, Visions, What Could Go Wrong
Sleepy Fish - A Note From My Book
Swum - Beat Tapes (Swum X Idealism)
Tally Hall - Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, Good & Evil, Just a Friend
Taylor Swift - 1989
Toonorth - Aftersome

Compilations
Chillhop Music - Essentials (2017-Present), Field Studies Vol. 1, Late Night Essentials

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One time, a while back, I found The Black Parade vinyl at Walmart. I instantly regretted not buying it, and every time I've gone to Walmart since then I've looked for it.
Today I finally found it once again, and I nabbed it. Also nabbed Danger Days which I've never actually listened to.

Last edited:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's my birthday, and my mom surprised me with Pink Floyd's The Wall on vinyl after previously telling me it was too expensive for her. I'm very excited.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's my birthday, and my mom surprised me with Pink Floyd's The Wall on vinyl after previously telling me it was too expensive for her. I'm very excited.
Happy birthday! May the worms NOT eat into your brain!

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADDED

• Crash Test Dummies: A Worm's Life
  • George Thorogood and the Destroyers: The Baddest of George Thorogood and the Destroyers
  • Sass Jordan: Rats
  • P.O.D.: Payable on Death
  • Portishead: Dummy
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Shakespears Sister: Hormonally Yours

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh yeah, I also got Lemon Demon's Nature Tapes on vinyl recently, haven't had the chance to listen to it yet.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went to the mall, got 3 new records.
System Of A Down - System Of A Down
Misfits - Collection II
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York

I used to have the Nirvana Unplugged dvd, I wish I still did. I recently got Paramount+, and with all the MTV content available I kinda hoped they'd have it. It's my favorite Nirvana album so I was excited to get my hands on the record (even if it was more expensive than I'd like).

I was going back and forth as to which SOAD album to buy. It was between Hypnotize and Mezmerize, both of which have about an equal amount of songs I like and dislike. So I just went with self titled instead. One time I found Steal This Album! and I regret not buying it, it's probably the best next to Toxicity.

I was also going back and forth on which Misfits record to get, but in the end Collection II was cheap and had the biggest swath of recognizable songs.

Oh, I also got Dark Side Of The Moon at Walmart the other day, gotta expand my Pink Floyd horizons.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought Steal This Album! by System Of A Down on vinyl yesterday. There's this record shop across the street from my therapist, I've stopped in a couple times but this was my first time buying anything. On one hand, buying this particular album on vinyl goes against the spirit of it (the artwork is literally a burnt CD), but on the other hand it's my favorite SOAD album and I wanted to own it in my preferred format.

On another note, a few weeks ago a coworker gave me a big bag of cassettes, since I'm the only one there with a way to listen to them. A wide range of tapes, the only ones I've listened to so far are the R.E.M and Beatles ones.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today was my birthday, and I now own the soundtrack albums to Daredevil (2003) and Elektra (whatever year that was).

Top Bottom