• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Batman Year Two Miniseries

Should I include the Deleted Scene between The Penguin and Selina?

• Yes, I want more Colin Farrell in there!

• No, doesn't add much to the story...

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think this scene adds substance to Oz‘s character and what his ambitions are. Additionally i love to see more of Collin Farrell as Oz he did came a little short in the movie in my opinion.
I agree. Are there only two deleted scenes on the Blu-ray?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Drat! I can only guess they either want to release a Super-duper-mega-bells-and-whistles special edition later down the line, or they want to repurpose some of the material for the sequels. Or both.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Drat! I can only guess they either want to release a Super-duper-mega-bells-and-whistles special edition later down the line, or they want to repurpose some of the material for the sequels. Or both.
"Considering there were rumblings about a four-hour assembly cut of The Batman, it's a little disappointing to hear that we're only getting two deleted scenes totalling six minutes. There's always a chance we'll see more down the line, of course, but this is clearly going to be it for now."

https://comicbookmovie.com/batman/t...r-and-a-new-catwoman-penguin-exchange-a193176

If that's true there may be one or two extra episodes coming in the future :)

I think this scene adds substance to Oz‘s character and what his ambitions are. Additionally i love to see more of Collin Farrell as Oz he did came a little short in the movie in my opinion.

There's a poll at the top of this thread now...

Last edited:

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Editing is mostly finished. Working on finetuning some audio transition and tinkering with the Surround Mix but I'm very happy with how this turned out. :)

Going over the whole edit again, I do have bad news for the three people that wanted the deleted scene with the Penguin included. Other than making the Penguin appear pathetic, it really doesn't do much for the rest of the edit. His ambitions are clear in how he behaves after the Falcone arrest, so I decided to leave it out.

Release Date will be June 8th

Last edited:

Stromboli Bones

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The scene where Riddler kills the Mayor seems to be a really popular removal. I'm curious to hear your reasoning for keeping it in!

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How were you able to pull off the Sin City visual effect like that? 😧

A lot of masking and color correcting...

Original:

Mask:

Color Correction:

I love it! Will it be entirely Black and White?

Thanks! Yeah, that's the plan.

The scene where Riddler kills the Mayor seems to be a really popular removal. I'm curious to hear your reasoning for keeping it in!

Counter Question! What's the reasoning for removing it?

Last edited:

Stromboli Bones

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Counter Question! What's the reasoning for removing it?
Given that this film was heavily influenced/inspired by Se7en, and we don't ever actually see any of John Doe's kills, it felt weird to me to see Riddler right out of the gate.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Given that this film was heavily influenced/inspired by Se7en, and we don't ever actually see any of John Doe's kills, it felt weird to me to see Riddler right out of the gate.

Being influenced by something is fine but it doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the film. I personally liked contrasting the intro of the hero with the intro of the villain. The scene doesn't show much of him but enough to be intrigued. And there's two points to consider...
  1. If we don't see him but only his victims, mirroring the movie Seven, it would mean that he is already the criminal mastermind we know from the comics, which he isn't. Just like we're witnessing Batman's beginning (two years on the job is not much), we're also seeing the beginning of The Riddler and if he returns in future films, he will hopefully have gotten smarter and learned from his mistakes.
  2. We only knew it was The Riddler because of all the marketing and trailers. If you would've gone into the movie without having seen anything of it beforehand, would you have guessed that this was supposed to be The Riddler?
Also that scene is important for a specific aspect of my edit, which I'm not revealing at this point... :)

Last edited:

Stromboli Bones

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Being influenced by something is fine but it doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the film. I personally liked contrasting the intro of the hero with the intro of the villain. The scene doesn't show much of him but enough to be intrigued. And there's two points to consider...
  1. If we don't see him and only his killing, mirroring the movie Seven, it would mean that he is already the criminal mastermind we know from the comics, which he isn't. Just like we're witnessing Batman's beginning (two years on the job is not much), we're also seeing the beginning of The Riddler and if he returns in future films, he will hopefully be smarter and learned from his mistakes.
  2. We only knew it was the Riddler because of all the marketing and trailers. If you would've gone into the movie without having seen anything of it beforehand, would you have guessed that this was supposed to be The Riddler?
Also that scene is important for a specific aspect of my edit, which I'm not revealing at this point... :)
You make some valid points! I don't LOVE the scene, but I watched the film 3 times in one week the after the first time I saw it, so it clearly didn't bother me THAT much lol.

Super looking forward to checking this out! Happy to see you keeping the Miniseries Streak going ;)

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like it :) A litte more contrast would nail the B/W look in my opinion.

Thanks! I tinkered with the contrast quite a bit. Adding more would make the darker scenes too dark IMO and I tried to go for a universal B/W color grade that fits the whole thing instead of having to fine-tune it for every scene.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Like the previous commenter, I came to this late but hope you don't mind me leaving you some feedback on your edit.

Firstly, thank you for sharing and well done. It is a great improvement on the original, which was already very good.

The story is much more digestible in this 4 part structure and I like the choice of small edits and rearrangement's. you have made which make for a better viewing experience.

However, there were still a few small scenes which bothered me personally and I wanted to get your take on them, possibly for a V1.1 down the line, if you would consider it possibly.

1. The unnecessarily long delay of the Batmobile before it comes through the flames during the car chase scene.
2. The very quick shot of Batman, from inside an office building looking out the window, of him whizzing past during the rooftop leap. Looked so odd.
3. The amount of times Batman is shot in this movie is quite unbelievable and if some shots of him being shot point blank could be removed, I think it would keep it these scenes more grounded and realistic, as the rest of the film is.
4. Maybe have Bruce and Selina ride off at the end of episode 3 and then start episode 4 with the Riddler reveal. This would save this duplicated shot of him at the end of 3 and then again at the start of 4 which I found jarring.

I hope you don't mind my suggestions and hope you will consider them as I think they would improve an already fantastic edit of yours even more.

Top Bottom