• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After several instances across the years when youtube would turn autoplay back on without telling me and I'd have to angrily switch it back off again when it played me some stupid sh*t I'm not interested in, it seems they've finally made it unswitch-off-able, or at least it keeps switching back on, every time I try to stop it.

main-qimg-057ad33fc1342e38c54080bbcab19a2c

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you think there are more doors or wheels in the world?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you think there are more doors or wheels in the world?

Going with topline google stats...

1.4 billion cars x 6 wheels = 9.6 billion
1 billion bikes x 2 wheels = 2 billion
(not including global stocks of wheels of cheese. Unknown ?? :LOL: )
Total at least about = 12 billion

2.3 billion houses, with at least 1 door each = 2.3 billion... however even a small house could have say 25 doors = 57.5 billion
plus cars have at least 2 doors = 2.8 billion
Total at least about = 63 billion

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But that leaves off wheels in machinery, and semi trucks which have more than 6. There's also hauling trailers, which have wheels and no doors. There's farming and yard work equipment. Lawn mowers, tractors, and more.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was going to but didn't feel like doing the 2 seconds of research required
Lol OK jmow

To find out what that stands for you'll have to subscribe to my patreon. But please smash that like button.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol OK jmow

To find out what that stands for you'll have to subscribe to my patreon. But please smash that like button.
I'm already subscribed to your Onlyfans, now you want me to subscribe to your Patreon too? What the heck man, I'm not made of money.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not a true-crime guy, but, as a native San Franciscan who thinks David Fincher's Zodiac is a great film, I am somewhat interested in the Zodiac Killer, arguably the Western World's second-most-infamous uncaught serial killer (after Jack the Ripper). Ever since seeing the movie, I've wanted the killer to be discovered, even if he's most likely dead by now.

Well, an amateur researcher and author recently identified a new person of interest: Paul Doerr, who died in '07, just months after Fincher's movie was released. As with all Zodiac POIs, there's no direct evidence linking Doerr to the killer as of yet, but this LA Magazine article details an overwhelming abundance of circumstantial evidence against him. Many longtime Zodiac hobbyists aren't convinced, but when I read the piece, I personally experienced the exact sense of catharsis Jake Gyllenhaal 's protagonist feels at the end of the movie: I don't know for a fact that this Paul Doerr was Z, but I'm sufficiently convinced that I for one feel that the question has been answered. (That said, officials should absolutely look into Doerr's fingerprint records and his daughter's DNA.)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not a true-crime guy, but, as a native San Franciscan who thinks David Fincher's Zodiac is a great film, I am somewhat interested in the Zodiac Killer, arguably the Western World's second-most-infamous uncaught serial killer (after Jack the Ripper). Ever since seeing the movie, I've wanted the killer to be discovered, even if he's most likely dead by now.

Well, an amateur researcher and author recently identified a new person of interest: Paul Doerr, who died in '07, just months after Fincher's movie was released. As with all Zodiac POIs, there's no direct evidence linking Doerr to the killer as of yet, but this LA Magazine article details an overwhelming abundance of circumstantial evidence against him. Many longtime Zodiac hobbyists aren't convinced, but when I read the piece, I personally experienced the exact sense of catharsis Jake Gyllenhaal 's protagonist feels at the end of the movie: I don't know for a fact that this Paul Doerr was Z, but I'm sufficiently convinced that I for one feel that the question has been answered. (That said, officials should absolutely look into Doerr's fingerprint records and his daughter's DNA.)
Thanks for the article. Interesting read. I’m not convinced but I agree there should be fingerprinting done. I find it interesting that the author seems to have fallen into the same sort of confirmation bias that he originally set out to write about. I don’t follow the Zodiac case, but these sorts of circumstantial evidence cases seem a dime a dozen in this case. But if the police have fingerprints, I’m not sure why they wouldn’t compare them against any suspects. Perhaps a warrant is required and that may have a higher threshold for credibility. It’s not that I don’t think it’s possible that it’s Doerr; it’s that I’d need more evidence than the circumstantial evidence presented in the article (and presumably the book).

Last edited:

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm currently in my last year of uni studying film and as the final year project, we all have to do short films. The aim of which is to get them good enough for them to get into film festivals and jobs in the film industry.

The problem? We're all supposed to work on each other's short films, and almost nobody wants to do mine. Everybody has either said they don't want to work with me, or their too busy with one's. I do have a sound person, but that all depends on scheduling (it's only going to be a 2-day shoot).

As for why I can't just work with the people who I worked with for the previous years short films. Well 1 of them dropped out, and the other 2 decided to not be my friend's anymore and said a lot of mean nonsensical things to me when I asked them to be involved, I can barley stand to look at them anymore (which is a bit awkrad given that we're all in the same lessons, but I'm somehow able to manage).

So, I'm currently the writer, director, producer, cinematogrpaher and editor. (and that's not even counting all the roles not being marked like choreogrpaher and wardrobe).

And yeah, I've done all that before. But difference is, that's for films I only made for entertainment purposes, not proper work to be marked. It's going to be such a pain in the ass to do all the bloody preproduction paperwork and coordination, all on my own.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rambley, but I just needed to rant to people who don't know me personally.

P.S. I will be crowdfunding it and I will be asking on here to help, and I will be sharing my previous films on here before then, even though it means revealing my real name and stuff. I know once it happens I can't go back, but I'm going to need as much exposure to go raise all the funds I need (and I'm aiming between £1000-£1500).

Top Bottom