• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
obi-wan-kenobi-teaser-poster.jpg

With Book of Boba Fett completed, it looks as though Lucasfilm is ramping up marketing for their next series. The show will premier in a little more than three months on May 25. And it is heavily rumored to be having a trailer airing during the Super Bowl. I have been less and less enthusiastic with these shows and I’m not a fan or the prequels. But Ewan was one of the few bright spots. As I’ve said before, I’m a sucker for live action Star Wars so I’ll be watching. I’m cautiously optimistic as I thought Deborah Chow put out some of the best Mandalorian episodes. Fingers crossed!

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's so hard for me to be positive about Star Wars in the wake of Fett, but we shall see! Hopefully this will be a strong addition to the saga.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please be good. It looks very promising. The only off thing to me is the grand inquisitor 's design.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It does look potentially good but I'm disappointed that they felt the need to (seemingly) spend much time off Tatooine. Surely everyone has always wanted to see a full-on SW western.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I kinda didn't want to see Luke as a child either. Maybe a small clip of him holding the hand of Aunt Beru from a fair distance, in a market place or something but nothing significant that draws attention to him wanting to become a pilot or other

In the following years after this show...double sun screen protection will be needed ...sadly Tatooine must have been in short supply. Them two Tatooine suns really do age Kenobi, Owen & Beru by the time A New Hope comes around

Last edited:

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like I'm the only person in this world that doesn't particularly like Ewan Mcgregor and who doesn't think an Obi-wan prequel is in any way needed. That being said, the above at least looks like it has some potential. Still gives some cringe vibes though.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like I'm the only person in this world that doesn't particularly like Ewan Mcgregor and who doesn't think an Obi-wan prequel is in any way needed. That being said, the above at least looks like it has some potential. Still gives some cringe vibes though.
I like McGregor, but Star Wars is probably his worst performance. I’m hoping with a more actor-focused director, he’ll be better here. But I’m with you in not particularly wanting any backstories for OT.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m with you in not particularly wanting any backstories for OT.

It's a shame that in this vast galaxy, we seemingly keep coming back to the same characters or beat to death the newer ones.

@TM2YC is right about at least me wanting to see a full on Star Wars western.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It does look potentially good but I'm disappointed that they felt the need to (seemingly) spend much time off Tatooine. Surely everyone has always wanted to see a full-on SW western.
I kinda thought that’s what Mandalorian (and then BoBF) were supposed to be.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I mean more of staying in one place. Kind of like that Mando episode in season 1 where he first brings on Cara Dunn. BoBF was a bit all over the place with what his motivations were…..gangster or nice politician.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I kinda didn't want to see Luke as a child either. Maybe a small clip of him holding the hand of Aunt Beru from a fair distance, in a market place or something but nothing significant that draws attention to him
I'm hoping we don't get much beyond what the trailer already showed us.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a shame that in this vast galaxy, we seemingly keep coming back to the same characters or beat to death the newer ones.

I came here to say the same thing. 😁

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Granted I've not watched the Madalorian but the clips I have seen seemed to feature a lot of space ships flying around, different worlds and Jedis and stuff. I'm talking about this being a classic western but in the SW universe, just with lasers instead of bullets. Ben as the mysterious stranger that wonders into a Tatooine town and clears up the bandits.

I kinda didn't want to see Luke as a child either. Maybe a small clip of him holding the hand of Aunt Beru from a fair distance, in a market place or something but nothing significant that draws attention to him wanting to become a pilot or other

It is firmly established that Luke knows Ben by the time of SW77 (and to go off on a tangent... why isn't this show called "Ben Kenobi" because that's his name in the OT before it was changed in the PT), at least as well as one knows a neighbour in a disparate farming community. He says something about wondering if the Droids mean "Old ben" and then also reveals he knows where he lives and knows his rep, then later instantly recognises him when he wakes up from the Tusken attack saying "Ben!".

So it would be kinda weird if this new show didn't take the opportunity to show some of their early interactions. I'd picture it a bit like the relationships between young Bilbo/young Frodo and Gandalf e.g. just some interesting old dude, a local character that can do fireworks/levitation but they never suspect he's some sort of all powerful mage/jedi protecting their community.

By the way, I love the Pac-Mac easter egg on the poster. I wonder how they'll work that cameo in?:

obi-wan-kenobi-teaser-poster.jpg

Last edited:

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is firmly established that Luke knows Ben by the time of SW77 (and to go off on a tangent... why isn't this show called "Ben Kenobi" because that's his name in the OT before it was changed in the PT), at least as well as one knows a neighbour in a disparate farming community. He says something about wondering if the Droids mean "Old ben" and then also reveals he knows where he lives and knows his rep, then later instantly recognises him when he wakes up from the Tusken attack saying "Ben!".

So it would be kinda weird if this new show didn't take the opportunity to show some of their early interactions. I'd picture it a bit like the relationships between young Bilbo/young Frodo and Gandalf e.g. just some interesting old dude, a local character that can do fireworks/levitation but they never suspect he's some sort of all powerful mage/jedi protecting their community.

By the way, I love the Pac-Mac easter egg on the poster. I wonder how they'll work that cameo in?:

Well spotted, maybe Pac Man will devour the force ghosts.

Just a thought...maybe Luke knows of Ben through overheard conversation with Beru and Owen at the dinner table. Discussions regarding the Jedi whom is supposedly hiding on Tatooine that prick Luke's young ears. After all we know from the trailer the inquisitors are searching for him - rumours start to form in the local farming community and are the talk of the town , so to speak. It doesn't have to mean they have met. Maybe wanted posters or holograms were strewn around Mos Eisley and Mos Espa and Luke recognises Ben from those images. I am sure they'll be a scene explaining Obi-wan's name change.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It doesn't have to mean they have met. Maybe wanted posters or holograms were strewn around Mos Eisley and Mos Espa and Luke recognises Ben from those images.

A stretch but possible.

I am sure they'll be a scene explaining Obi-wan's name change.

It would have made more sense to have included an explanation in the prequels as to why Ben Kenobi was called "Obi-Wan" during the clone wars and what it meant.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m surprised no one has any reaction so far. My in-laws are in town so we were away in Prague this week, but I just watched with my more SW interested son. We both thought it was an okay start.

Top Bottom