• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection boxset to debut 114-minute "Preview Cut" of original film; 19 never-before-seen deleted scenes from Ghostbusters II

As someone who dropped out of high school to work full time (all the way back when working 40/h got you a living wage), Google is a god damned gift from Heaven. I've never been so hungry for knowledge than I am now.

I just looked on Google how do I word it to find it on Google because I can’t find it the way I worded it.

Try searching without 100 words. You know, like making threads without 100 word titles. If you’re searching for how Dolby vision works, try searching “how does Dolby vision work” and go from there. It’s really disappointing that I have to literally spell it out for you.

Lol this exact conversation happened on the discord once before where we told him to Google his questions and he couldn't figure out how to do that.

You could Google to find out if a new matrix did in fact come out, if it's not too daunting for you.

sorry that when it comes to somethings Google can be less than helpful when you type what your looking it doesn’t show up I’ve had problems searching for lots of different things on Google. Google isn’t the most perfect thing in the world you know.

sorry that when it comes to somethings Google can be less than helpful when you type what your looking it doesn’t show up I’ve had problems searching for lots of different things on Google. Google isn’t the most perfect thing in the world you know.
As many of us here have pointed out it’s probably because you’re typing too much. Keep it simple.

how does dolby vision work

The simple answer is no.

Dolby Vision is a fancy proprietary version of HDR. I mean with fancy enough software like Davinci you could grade something for HDR I'm sure, but not specifically DV.

The simple answer is no.

Dolby Vision is a fancy proprietary version of HDR. I mean with fancy enough software like Davinci you could grade something for HDR I'm sure, but not specifically DV.
so even if you did upscale the deleted scenes to 4k and added hdr it wouldn’t match the new Dolby vision version of ghostbusters 2 when it comes to hdr in a fanedit?

so even if you did upscale the deleted scenes to 4k and added hdr it wouldn’t match the new Dolby vision version of ghostbusters 2 when it comes to hdr in a fanedit?
Imagine a beautiful pristine road made of the finest bricks, patented with "Dolby Brick" weather coating. Imagine some parts of that road are abandoned for long periods of time, suffer damage, missing bricks, the ones left have lost their coating, big potholes, etc. No longer functional as a road. That's a representation of damaged low res digital footage that was once pristine film.

The most good upscaling can do is fill in the holes of that road with cement so you can drive on it again. Upscaling will not bring back the once intricate and beautiful special brick details or the patented brick weather coating.

Imagine a beautiful pristine road made of the finest bricks, patented with "Dolby Brick" weather coating. Imagine some parts of that road are abandoned for long periods of time, suffer damage, missing bricks, the ones left have lost their coating, big potholes, etc. No longer functional as a road. That's a representation of damaged low res digital footage that was once pristine film.

The most good upscaling can do is fill in the holes of that road with cement so you can drive on it again. Upscaling will not bring back the once intricate and beautiful special brick details or the patented brick weather coating.
Ok so the image quality of the deleted scenes aren’t going to be that great and even if they are in the best video quality it’s going to be stuck sdr no matter what. so we can never get it to match up to the Dolby vision let alone 4k. :(

I'm not sure you really get what upscaling is, so I'll make an example.

Here is a deleted scene from GB2, upscaled to 4k and zoomed in 860%

zHWNLbW.png
W67iQ0e.png

There is a little bit of improved clairity, but not really a huge jump. Zoom it all the way out, and you'll see there isn't too much of a real difference. Sure it's a little more definied, but seeing it on a large TV without looking for it, you wouldn't notice. (open in a new tab for a better look)

LVoSPxi.png

JXWixcS.png

The scenes are already in 1080p, and pretty clean with little to no grain or print damage. I would assume the upcoming deleted scenes on the new disc is of a similar quality.

In my personal opinion, there is no benefit to upscaling this to 4k, or HDR or Dolby or IMAX or anything.

End of conversation.

Ok so the image quality of the deleted scenes aren’t going to be that great and even if they are in the best video quality it’s going to be stuck sdr no matter what. so we can never get it to match up to the Dolby vision let alone 4k. :(
You got it. Might look good, might not. Typical for deleted scenes, it's nice to see them released at all really.
giphy.gif

The scenes are already in 1080p, and pretty clean with little to no grain or print damage. I would assume the upcoming deleted scenes on the new disc is of a similar quality.

In my personal opinion, there is no benefit to upscaling this to 4k, or HDR or Dolby or IMAX or anything.

End of conversation.
Oh that’s disappointing I was really hoping to watch the Dolby vision version with the new deleted scenes as part of that Dolby vision 4k blu ray version of the film. it’s funny Sony remastered the last action hero’s deleted scenes in 4k hdr but not this film. :(

Back
Top Bottom