• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

November 2021 FEOTM

What was your Favorite Edit of the month in November 2021?

• The Fall of the Pacific by Murikamir

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Untold Finale Edition by Masirimso17

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Edits by Stromboli Bones

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Terminator – The Hunt for Sarah Connor by robulon

• Star Trek: The Man Trap – The Salty Seductress Edition by The Warlord

• Daughter of Themyscira (A Wonder Woman Edit) by krausfadr

• Iron Man 1.1 by lantern51

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith ‘Another Happy Sanding’ by octoroxx

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rocky: The Series by youngy94

• Breakfast Club: The John Hughes Extended Edition by BlueYoda

• M4’s The Hobbit Book Edit by M4_

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Batman: The Killing Joke: The DCAU Cut by Zarius

• Ladyhawke Rescored by MusicEd921

• The Haunting: The Implicit Cut by The Scribbling Man

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • True Romance: Quentin Tarantino Cut by Agent Sam Stanley

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's great to see so many votes during the last month! A great example of the power of a single vote :) Congrats @Stromboli Bones
Looks like both Stromboli Bones and M4 will have an exciting rematch opportunity during the FEOTY nominations and poll. Thank you to everyone who supports one another in this fun hobby!

bradwestness

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats to everyone and especially to both M4 and Stromboli! A great demonstration of how different two edits can be from the same source material, while both being incredibly well done. It's only a shame they both wound up going up against each other in the same month's poll due to a fluke of the approval timing more than anything. Anyway, congrats again!

M4_

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My edit had been submitted in April and was waiting, so he's saying it was just unfortunate timing that it happened to be approved in the same month as another Hobbit edit (a fluke; unfortunate luck), making for a close competition.

All that truly matters is I get to have a great place where I can keep my edit alive, but still, thank you to everyone who voted for me

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do Hobbit edits have a favorable approval to win ratio?🤔

It is correct that several Hobbit edits have won. However, I am aware of at least one highly anticipated edit that was NOT released because there were two Hobbit edits that were as the editor did not want to dilute the chances for those edits. Had there been only one, might they have released their edit in November? What if one of the Hobbit edits were delayed until December? Would it have won against that same edit or against a highly favored holiday edit?

I think both Hobbit edits were amazing in their own right. M4's Book Cut was precise, technically excellent and had some amazing visual effects and will be remembered for that. Stromboli's five part amalgam of the legendary editors combined with his unique vision to put those pieces together as a cohesive whole glued together by his own ideas, was fresh and almost genius. Both edits have a chance at FEOTY.

But to say that one Hobbit edit lost because it was in competition with another Hobbit edit is inaccurate. Neither Hobbit edit may have won had either of the previously mentioned edits been released in November instead of December.

Last edited:

bradwestness

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My edit had been submitted in April and was waiting, so he's saying it was just unfortunate timing that it happened to be approved in the same month as another Hobbit edit (a fluke; unfortunate luck), making for a close competition.

All that truly matters is I get to have a great place where I can keep my edit alive, but still, thank you to everyone who voted for me
Yeah, exactly - just meant it was just kind of a bad luck that they wound up going head-to-head like that since they're both great and presumably "split the vote" somewhat due to appealing to a similar audience, what with being edits of the same source material.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, exactly - just meant it was just kind of a bad luck that they wound up going head-to-head like that since they're both great and presumably "split the vote" somewhat due to appealing to a similar audience, what with being edits of the same source material.
I still don't see the relevance of this statement. It's a subjective poll. One edit, the most popular, wins.

It appeared that both of the top finalists drew supporters who fed off of the competive nature of two similar edits going head to head.

That should be viewed as a good thing. More people voted last month than the previous two months combined. In that respect, I don't believe they split the vote at all. They doubled the votes.

DigModiFicaTion makes a very good point when they say that we got to see the power of one vote. It was actually two votes.

It was set to be an interesting competition because one edit would have the support of many established editors who were involved in the project to a degree, as well as, people who thought it was a genius idea.

The other was a very popular edit outside of the forum that could be a wild card drawing an unlimited amount of votes from those established fans, as well as, people who were impressed by it's technical execution.

That's what makes it fun. You never actually know. There is nothing wrong with a good competition.

What is wrong, is when sore people who have been members for a month make statements that are presented as "objective" stating that the "obviously" superior edit lost. According to whom? Them?

That's certainly not productive.

That's certainly not objective.

That's certainly not accurate.

In my "subjective" opinion, the edit that was likely the best, only got four votes.

Last edited:

bradwestness

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is wrong, is when sore people who have been members for a month make statements that are presented as "objective" stating that the "obviously" superior edit lost. According to whom? Them?

That's certainly not productive.

That's certainly not objective.

That's certainly not accurate.
I don't think I said anything to the effect that the wrong edit won, and I certainly never meant to imply that - merely just making an observation that there was an unusually large field and the two Hobbit edits were up against each other despite not being submitted in the same month - which was just kind of happenstance, didn't mean to imply anything improper happened. In the same way you might say it's a shame that "Bridge on the River Kwai" and "12 Angry Men" both came out in the same year, or they might have both won the Best Picture Oscar.

The record number of votes is great! Hopefully that trend continues. :)

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats to @Stromboli Bones . Seeing that the objective of this thread has been met, it is now closed.

Again, if anyone has any questions/concerns regarding FEOTM please PM staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom