• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Disney+ Marvel Studios Series Thread

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not gonna lie, I tend to 'ship Loki with the clock rather than Sylve.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Once, I was an MCU completist... but then Daredevil S2 sorely tested my patience, and Luke Cage broke it by killing its best character halfway through the first season. And what, was I really going to slog through Iron Fist?

But then, with the end of the Netflix shows, and their retroactive all-but-explicit erasure from canon, it turned out I was an MCU completist once more! All I had to do was watch each movie and Disney+ show. No problem!

And then What If? was announced, and it sounded totally lame. And the Honest Trailer confirms. And, lo, I was not quite an MCU completist once more.

(Also, I'm having real trouble bringing myself to care about Eternals, but I'll catch it on Disney+ at some point.)

Last edited:

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What If...? was pretty interesting, especially as it gave some different characters opportunities to do things they wouldn't normally do and have things play out differently than we know. It wasn't a great/must watch show, but I enjoyed watching it.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah it was alright. Non-essential fun. Has problems if you try to take it seriously. So, don't.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What If? has been a fun watch. My wife and I enjoy it, but we're not binging it, just grabbing an episode here & there when the mood strikes.

I did slog through Iron Fist. My least favorite MCU production so far.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loki is the best MCU creation. Period. Inteligent, clever, thought provoking, Solid and so much more than the run of the mill super hero story. It's the MCU dressed up as a fantastic outing in the Twilight Zone. 9.5/10
This also has the best acting in the MCU.

Edit....helps If I actually posted this in the right timeline....er I mean thread 🙃

Last edited:

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've mostly enjoyed all the shows, at least more so for all them over Agents of Shield. I took a particular liking to Agent Carter though and wish we got more of that series. Loki like Dig said above, absolutely incredible. Between watching each episode myself when they came out, and watching it with friends after I've already seen it all the way through 4 times....

Wandavision was quite a good show as well but found the stark contrast between the tone of the first half and the second half off putting, and overall was disappointed that what started off as something feeling a lot "Different," ended up being more of the same marvel formula, even if it is the guiltiest pleasure of mine.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was enjoyable since i enjoy anything Marvel, but boring to be honest. The Flagsmashers were kind of cringe. I could give a munch more indepth and less shallow analysis but don't want to bother.

What If? was alright, the episodes being so sort, they felt very rushed and as a result their is some weird discontinuity you feel in events/ the universe as a whole. Things play out in ways that don't make much sense because they can't spend several minutes on it, but only a handful of seconds.

Hawkeye has been enjoyable so far personally but can't say too much yet.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed the first ep of Hawkeye pretty well, but the second was so wretched I'm probably done with the show altogether. Terrible dialogue, nonstop cringey sitcom drama and situations, and everything pitched at a PG - heck, maybe even G-rated tone - no, thanks. I'm out.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My 9yo just finished Hawkeye. He says he liked it a lot. I didn’t watch with him, but told him if he liked Hawkeye, he should start with the first movie Iron Man. He said, “nah I just like Hawkeye.” Ha!

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, tell him to watch Thor then, as Hawkeye is in it. Maybe that'll boost his interest. ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished HAWKEYE -- thoroughly loved it. A loose adaptation of the classic Matt Faction series, it a great combination of action, comedy and drama.

Renner and Steinfeld have excellent chemistry and make a fun buddy hero team.
While there is a lot of humour in this series, it does not shy away from Barton's dark past and provides just the right amount of weight and gravitas when and where needed. And while I will not go into spoiler territory, this series does retroactively makes one Marvel movie even stronger and re-opens the debate about canon with the inclusion of another character.

On a whole, I think is my favourite Disney Plus Marvel series to date.

My rankings:
HAWKEYE 9 out of 10.
THE FALCON & WINTER SOLDIER 8 out of 10
WANDAVISION 8 out of 10.
WHAT IF... 7 out of 10
LOKI 5 out of 10

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone else noticed that every show Marvel Disney + show has had a 'Who is the mysterious villain behind all of this?' element in them so far?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My rankings:
HAWKEYE 9 out of 10.
THE FALCON & WINTER SOLDIER 8 out of 10
WANDAVISION 8 out of 10.
WHAT IF... 7 out of 10
LOKI 5 out of 10

Hawkeye easily wins out for me too:

Hawkeye 9/10
Wandavision 8/10
What if... 7/10
Loki 7/10
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 5/10

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Starting to like the Hawkeye series a bit more. The first two episodes were meh. But I have to admit that the two leads have good chemistry in episode 3. I think that's how far I've gotten? I also like that there is a new representation in the superhero world and how it doesn't feel like a gimmick so far.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished the last episodes of Hawkeye. They were pretty clunky and I wouldn't say they were good. This show really felt like it was on the edge of what I'd expect from a primetime tv superhero show. I also didn't care for one of the siblings that shows up in the show. The chemistry between the two leads was good, but this shield was just Men for me. 5/10

So far,
Loki 9/10
Falcon & Winter Soldier 6/10
Hawkeye 5/10
Still need to try and finish Wandavision

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So far,
Loki 9/10
Falcon & Winter Soldier 6/10
Hawkeye 5/10
Still need to try and finish Wandavision

Fascinating. An almost complete opposite viewing experience lol!

But that is what I love about this material, different things speak to different people. (y)

Will be curious on your scoring of Wandavision? Based on what I saw in the Dr. Strange 2 trailer, that show, along with WHAT IF... could be essential viewing now.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a casual MCU fan. The idea is neat, but I'm very much fatigued by the Avengers and never was a fan of any of the characters. Captain America, Thir and Black Panther are what made me stick with them this long. I'd actually prefer it if the MCU took a break from the Winnter Soldier and give fans what they have been asking for, Sebastian Stan as Luke Skywalker.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to have to try to get the rest of this watched. My wife and I watched episode 1 and my reaction was somewhere between meh and this is pretty ok. But we are focusing on season 6 of The Expanse right now, so Hawkeye will have to wait until we're done with the Roci & crew facing off against the Free Navy. :)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My rankings:
LOKI 5 out of 10

Daaamn, that's a mightly low score from our normally enthusiastic Bob, especially for a show I thought was easily the best of the live-action ones so far! (Though I still haven't returned to Hawkeye.) What am I missing? That it's all plagiarized from Dr. Who and/or Rick and Morty?! :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved Loki but it really depends if you like Tom H, the actor. As a big Doctor Who fan, Doctor Who is an appropriate comparison.

Top Bottom