• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Roy Horan has passed away at age 71. Appearing in a number of Hong Kong action movies from the 70s through the 90s, he is best known for playing the missionary in Snake in Eagle's Shadow opposite Jackie Chan, as well as the eccentric blood-drinking, lion-keeping, upsidedown-pagoda-owning Lewis in the absolutely bonkers Game of Death II.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Roy Horan has passed away at age 71.

And now his Snake in Eagle's Shadow costar, Dean Shek has passed away at 72. Shek often played comic relief characters and was a fixture in many of Jackie Chan's early films, including Drunken Master and Fearless Hyena. He also stretched his dramatic wings in John Woo's A Better Tomorrow II. He played the other participant in the infamous Chow Yun Fat orange-feeding scene.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

RIP sir Ian Holm 1931-2020​

A superb character actor,
Alien, Time Bandits, Fifth Element, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and so much more.
You will be missed...What a super body of work...please read...

Last edited:

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RIP my Sennheiser HD570 headphones (1992 - 2021).

They were used to create every single one of my fanedits including True Romance, Dead Awake, Chasing Trinity, Fel @ Vie, Transformers: Attack of the Score and many more. They saw many different friends, girlfriends and lovers go through my life and served me loyally through my ups and downs. You shall be missed.

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points

One of the greatest anime screenwriters has passed away. Cowboy Bebop is my favorite show ever and she was responsible for writing many of my favorite episodes. Today is a very sad day indeed.

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points

One of the greatest anime screenwriters has passed away. Cowboy Bebop is my favorite show ever and she was responsible for writing many of my favorite episodes. Today is a very sad day indeed.
It sickens me that the legacy she has was tainted in the live action Netflix show. I’m just grateful that the rest of her work on the show won’t be ruined since the show was canceled. Netflix should be ashamed of themselves for what they did.

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don’t think her legacy was tainted. Netflix made an adaptation. So what? I’m sure many of the people involved tried their best. It just had a showrunner with no idea what he was doing. But her work still remains and it’s brilliant. Focus on the positives.

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don’t think her legacy was tainted. Netflix made an adaptation. So what? I’m sure many of the people involved tried their best. It just had a showrunner with no idea what he was doing. But her work still remains and it’s brilliant. Focus on the positives.
True it just upsets me when studios walk over things they shouldn’t leave the classics alone not everything turns out as great as John carpenter’s the thing. most of the time it’s a bad idea to do a remake reboot etc. of a classic sadly.

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As long as they try to be original, it’s not bad to do a remake. It’s things like Van Sant’s shot for shot remake of Psycho that are the death of cinematic art. Even if it turns out bad, an original remake at least tried something. Interestingly, it’s the line for line and shot for shot remade stuff in live action Bebop that are some of the worst parts.

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As long as they try to be original, it’s not bad to do a remake. It’s things like Van Sant’s shot for shot remake of Psycho that are the death of cinematic art. Even if it turns out bad, an original remake at least tried something. Interestingly, it’s the line for line and shot for shot remade stuff in live action Bebop that are some of the worst parts.
Oh you misunderstood me I meant because most of the time the people involved with the remakes don’t care about the source material they are remaking it’s just a paycheck most of the time with few exceptions. Please @Q2 don’t ban me I was just replying to @Darth Kermit.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh you misunderstood me I meant because most of the time the people involved with the remakes don’t care about the source material they are remaking it’s just a paycheck most of the time with few exceptions. Please @Q2 don’t ban me I was just replying to @Darth Kermit.
No banning but this thread is not a place to debate such things. It's just a place to announce the passing of people in the spotlight.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
John Madden.
I learned about this from billboards on the highway of all things. That's how you really know this guy was influential.

Hopefully next year, we won't lose so many people.

Top Bottom