• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The worst I've had (other than when it's so accidentally messed up the end result definitively cannot be called coffee), is probably vending machine coffee in college, fifty cents for a tiny cup filled with god-knows-what. Followed by two in recent memory that maybe weren't the worst but were EXTREMELY disappointing, one at a breakfast place and another at a donut place. Places you'd expect to have drinkable stuff at least.

The instant powder/crystals I bought at the store in case of long power outages beats the worst I've had by a mile. I wouldn't start a cafe with it.

Edit: I said recent memory but both incidents were pre pandemic.

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The worst I've had (other than when it's so accidentally messed up the end result definitively cannot be called coffee), is probably vending machine coffee in college, fifty cents for a tiny cup filled with god-knows-what. Followed by two in recent memory that maybe weren't the worst but were EXTREMELY disappointing, one at a breakfast place and another at a donut place. Places you'd expect to have drinkable stuff at least.

The instant powder/crystals I bought at the store in case of long power outages beats the worst I've had by a mile. I wouldn't start a cafe with it.
Actually, you can't beat Tasters Choice in a pinch.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When we’re traveling we bring some Starbucks Via packets with us in case we find ourselves in a situation where it isn’t practical to make coffee. It definitely wouldn’t be my everyday choice, but it a pretty good and much better than the supermarket brands that do the instant coffee crystals.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Obviously, real coffee can be made wrong and taste terrible - just like most things. A lot of coffee places burn the beans. It's surprisingly hard to swim through the sea of cafes and find somewhere that knows what they're doing. I pretty much just use one exclusively in my city, and I often go for pour-overs. Having coffee in that form was a revelation.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Obviously, real coffee can be made wrong and taste terrible - just like most things. A lot of coffee places burn the beans. It's surprisingly hard to swim through the sea of cafes and find somewhere that knows what they're doing. I pretty much just use one exclusively in my city, and I often go for pour-overs. Having coffee in that form was a revelation.
A revelation indeed, any of the non brew methods are better. I like a pour over but prefer a French press. The bean is most important. Starbucks burns their beans. We bought five expensive so called varietals. They all tasted the same because they were burnt. It's all in the bean and then the roast.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WTF?!! Bean wafer? What third world country are you from? Being from an obscure corn state in the Midwest, don't you prefer to suck on a corn stalk?😆

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I miss the taste of coffee. I gave up all caffeine completely a few years ago due to anxiety reasons and now I'm so caffeine sensitive that i can even feel the effects of the small amount that remains in decaf.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I stopped coffee for a long time for health reasons. Been back into the habit more recently. I do find that it will nearly always affect my sleep that night though, even if I've only had 1 and quite early in the day.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
new-year-lousy-year.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see Red Letter Media's now out of print 'Space Cop' blu-ray is selling for up to £150/$200. I might have to cash that one in :LOL:.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
INT - STAR WARS WRITERS ROOM - DAY

WRITER ONE​
“We’ll have them drinking milk at the breakfast table.”

WRITER TWO​
“Well milk doesn’t feel very Star Warsy.”

WRITER ONE​
“Okay, make it blue.”

WRITER ONE​
“We need a brilliant military strategist as commander of the battleship.”