• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jaws II - The Amity Horror by Last Survivor

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1IwQBuu.png

Original title: Jaws 2

Fanedit title: Jaws II - The Amity Horror

Studios: Universal, Zanuck/Brown Company
Faneditor: Last Survivor
Originally released: 1978
Fanedit release: October 2021
Original running time: 116 minutes approx
Fanedit running time: 93 minutes approx
Cut time: 23 minutes cut
Started edit: March 2021
Finished edit: October 2021

Synopsis and Purpose of Edit:
Jaws 2 has been called a competent yet unnecessary sequel - and in many ways that's certainly true. However, I've always loved the film, almost to the same degree of Spielberg's original masterpiece. In my eyes, it doesn't even need a fanedit, but I thought the opportunity was there to present a streamlined, fun and dare I say more powerful version of this great sequel.

Intention… To present Jaws 2 as a slasher style movie that may have been released at the height of the slasher craze of the early to mid 80's. In this edit, the shark is basically Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers hunting down various teenagers and anyone who gets in its way and happens to be on the menu. Also, I have attempted to remaster the soundtrack, by adding the stereo mix of John Williams magnificent score from the Intrada CD release. There's also new colour grading added in an attempt to embrace the warmer 80's style colour palette which you saw in many slasher movies from that era.

Cutlist:

• Removed scenes with divers attacked after they find the wreckage of the Orca
  • Cut entire sequence of the Holiday Inn Grand Opening Ball
  • Alternate pre-credit sequence added, using the water ski chase
  • New title sequence created
  • Cut Brody meeting Hendricks on the Docks, as they discuss the missing divers
  • Removed scene at the police station where Brody talks to various people, including when Hendricks shows Brody the recovered camera from the missing divers
  • Parasailing close call scene split and restructured
  • Scene at Brody’s office with Hendricks trimmed, to remove the mentioning of the missing divers’ camera film being developed
  • Beach scene, slightly trimmed to remove young girl telling the Mayor and Len that Brody is looking for sharks using the shark tower (reason for this is pacing, keep the movie moving)
  • Photos being developed which show the shark attacking the divers removed
  • Cut Town Hall sequence where Brody shows the photograph of the shark and the committee decide whether to believe or fire Brody for his actions on the beach
  • Trimmed scene between Brody and Ellen, whereby he discusses being fired, as it mentions the photograph (which is not relevant to this edit).
  • Cut scene of Brody and Ellen discussing Mike being an early riser and what Brody should do now that he is fired
  • Slightly trimmed scene of Brody, Ellen and Hendricks going out of the harbour in the the police boat to chase down the teenagers out sailing – for pacing reasons
  • Reinserted John Williams full music cue for the scene where Brody, Ellen and Hendricks approach Tina’s boat after Eddie has been killed
  • Attack on helicopter pilot extended, using deleted scene
  • Cut scene of Ellen confronting Len about her son being out there with the rest of the teenagers
  • Scene of Lucy praying remove (again, for pacing reasons)
  • Jackie’s breakdown scene trimmed. Also trimmed some other moments of Jackie’s screaming
  • New post-credit scene added

Special Features:

Audio Commentary
English Subtitles

Technical Details:

16:9 Anamorphic. MKV.
AAC Mono/Stereo.
Software used: Vegas Pro 16, Vocal Remover, iZotope RX-7 Audio Editor, DVD Fab.

Special Thanks:

@MusicEd921 , Sophie Welch, @bionicbob , @Dwight Fry, @RidgeShark , @TMBTM , Toodles and anyone who followed the "In the Works" thread on this site.

Last edited:

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@bionicbob thank you so much for your very kind review on this edit. Glad you enjoyed it my friend!

Admonisher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quick clarification: the expanded and remastered JAWS 2 soundtrack album was released by Intrada Records, not La-La Land Records: https://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9910/.f

La-La Land has put out a ton of fantastic John Williams expansions over the years, but the JAWS scores are not among them. Intrada handled all four expanded albums in the JAWS franchise. (All are now sadly out of print, though the original JAWS is expected to get a new release from the label at some point.)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh my
Quick clarification: the expanded and remastered JAWS 2 soundtrack album was released by Intrada Records, not La-La Land Records: https://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9910/.f

La-La Land has put out a ton of fantastic John Williams expansions over the years, but the JAWS scores are not among them. Intrada handled all four expanded albums in the JAWS franchise. (All are now sadly out of print, though the original JAWS is expected to get a new release from the label at some point.)
What an error on my part!! I'm a soundtrack collector too and I apologize for making such a mistake. Yep, you're totally right. It's Intrada!!

Top Bottom