• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League - The Spence Edit

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds pretty interesting, I am not keen on changing a ton in the film and cutting things because I am a snyder loyalist 😀

But it sounds interesting nonetheless

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds pretty interesting, I am not keen on changing a ton in the film and cutting things because I am a snyder loyalist 😀

But it sounds interesting nonetheless
I'm really hit and miss with Snyder. I absolutely love Dawn of the Dead and 300, quite enjoy Watchmen, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel, really do not like BvS, and Army of the Dead is one of my least favorite movies I've seen in recent memory.

However, I really quite like his cut of Justice League, even at 4 hours. This is more of an experiment to get it into a form that could be released at the movie theater as opposed to a critique on its quality. Great as it is, 4 hours isn't gonna happen with a theatrical release.

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm really hit and miss with Snyder. I absolutely love Dawn of the Dead and 300, quite enjoy Watchmen, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel, really do not like BvS, and Army of the Dead is one of my least favorite movies I've seen in recent memory.

However, I really quite like his cut of Justice League, even at 4 hours. This is more of an experiment to get it into a form that could be released at the movie theater as opposed to a critique on its quality. Great as it is, 4 hours isn't gonna happen with a theatrical release.
Snyder is lord and master 😁

I love all his movies because... I do πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ there just my thing and imo nothing needs to be done with any of them but like I said I find this an interesting idea 😁

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Snyder is lord and master 😁

I love all his movies because... I do πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ there just my thing and imo nothing needs to be done with any of them but like I said I find this an interesting idea 😁
I think it'd be a cool thing to watch even if you love the movie as is.

My idea was "in an alternate universe, Snyder finished the movie for WB but had to bring it in under 3 hours. What would that look like?" I wasn't really making judgement on what's good or bad about it, but what's good or bad for the runtime I was going for.

To borrow from Marvel, it's essentially a "What If?"

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it'd be a cool thing to watch even if you love the movie as is.

My idea was "in an alternate universe, Snyder finished the movie for WB but had to bring it in under 3 hours. What would that look like?" I wasn't really making judgement on what's good or bad about it, but what's good or bad for the runtime I was going for.

To borrow from Marvel, it's essentially a "What If?"
Sounds good to me 😁 I like seeing other peoples ideas, is the edit out? πŸ˜€

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome to the wonderful world of fanedits, where nothing, absolutely nothing, is sacred. 😁
I made a post about it elsewhere and I've already got two Snyder bros all over me about it. I have nothing against them liking what they like, but come on man. Calm down with it lol. Just don't watch the fanedit and move on.

I appreciate you staying respectful with your opinion @Starkillerboss !

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome to the wonderful world of fanedits, where nothing, absolutely nothing, is sacred. 😁
Yeah I have been seeing that lol πŸ˜…
I made a post about it elsewhere and I've already got two Snyder bros all over me about it. I have nothing against them liking what they like, but come on man. Calm down with it lol. Just don't watch the fanedit and move on.

I appreciate you staying respectful with your opinion @Starkillerboss !
It's no big deal, I'm open to new ideas and I'm not gonna be getting pissed off because someone doesn't like something I do, I used to actually but I've been working on it. Excited to check this edit out! πŸ˜€

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's the thing that's blowing my mind with these other guys, I've said multiple times that I also like it!!

I hope you enjoy the edit.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never ever fanedit anything I don't at least partially like, even when I find flaws that I want to remove. I don't really see the point in trying to improve stuff you hate, as you'll still hate what remains. In that sense, I think every fanedit is a labor of love. And that's only counting fanfixes: you can fanmix a great film knowing that your version will be objectively worse, but with the aim of offering a fun alternate experience.

As for myself, I'm far from a Snyder fan, and thought that I wouldn't need to watch JL again in any other form after Gieferg's awesome Grindhoused edit (sorry Snyder fans, that's my preferred version of the film BY FAR!), but then a few editors whose work I greatly enjoy and admire (yourself included) are preparing JL edits, so I know I'll end up biting again.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You are all going to love me. I tried and tried and tried to watch Snyder's Justice League. I wanted so much to like that movie. I kept falling asleep. One day I noticed Giefergs Grindhouse version. I saw all of the positive comments (I also came to realize that I didn't have a full understanding of what Grindhoused even meant). That changed everything. That edit rocked like an awesome music video. That ride was over before I realize it began, saving the movie for me.

Now I learned recently that Spence released his reassembled edit...I'm very excited to watch this tonight. You know it will be awesome! All of his edit freaking rock!

Sorry to all of you purists. Just keep watching your original and we may all be happy! Spence, sorry brother, I know you liked the original, too!

😁

Last edited:

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never ever fanedit anything I don't at least partially like, even when I find flaws that I want to remove. I don't really see the point in trying to improve stuff you hate, as you'll still hate what remains. In that sense, I think every fanedit is a labor of love. And that's only counting fanfixes: you can fanmix a great film knowing that your version will be objectively worse, but with the aim of offering a fun alternate experience.

As for myself, I'm far from a Snyder fan, and thought that I wouldn't need to watch JL again in any other form after Gieferg's awesome Grindhoused edit (sorry Snyder fans, that's my preferred version of the film BY FAR!), but then a few editors whose work I greatly enjoy and admire (yourself included) are preparing JL edits, so I know I'll end up biting again.
Fanmix is the best πŸ˜€ I'm doing something with snyder's dceu films in the fanmix theme and I think it's gonna be pretty cool 😊

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Super excited to Beth your edit in my hands … been up scaling some older edits later using topaz so I have a full MoS trilogy.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
May I ask what was your way to reframe to 2.35:1?
After taking a quick look on some sequences I had a feeling that in some places framing may be slightly off (for example the scene where Barry and Bruce get in the car and there's too much space above their heads but the car isn't completely visible).

Of course my feelings abut that may have something to do with the fact I'm used to my framing which I've seen too many times already and everything that is different feels off automatically.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
May I ask what was your way to reframe to 2.35:1?
After taking a quick look on some sequences I had a feeling that in some places framing may be slightly off (for example the scene where Barry and Bruce get in the car and there's too much space above their heads but the car isn't completely visible).

Of course my feelings abut that may have something to do with the fact I'm used to my framing which I've seen too many times already and everything that is different feels off automatically.
Honestly, certain scenes were really hard to crop right because there's so much information in the original frames, considering it's 1:33 academy ratio.

For the particular shot you're talking about, it looked off to me having more of the car in it, so that's a personal preference.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it probably is.
Oh, and btw, theatrical version of Supes/Flash scene is way better for widescreen version (either 2.35:1 or 1.85) than ZSJL one with its weird distortions.

Honestly, certain scenes were really hard to crop right because there's so much information in the original frames, considering it's 1:33 academy ratio.

Tell me about it :)
There are still some shots that I'm not quite happy with in my version, especially that I was cropping everything to 2.35:1.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What made you settle on this specific aspect ratio?
Partly to fit better with Man of Steel and Batman V Superman, partly because it made what I wanted to do with the beginning easier, and partly because I prefer it for dramatic scenes.

Top Bottom