• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Disappeared Faneditors We Would Like to See Return

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love fanedits. I respect the artists who have the minds to create these works of art. I wish I could watch almost every fanedit that I have the physical media to support. I have bought hundreds of movies just so I can see what has been edited. Still, I feel I'm missing out on great edits. I think we all miss certain faneditors who made a huge impact on the community. Admit it...you do. I know I do. I can list a bunch, but now that Wraith, L8wrtr and Spence are back, three others definitely come to mind. Which three do you miss? Why?

3. Mollo

Love what he did with Event Horizon. What would he do with some of the movies out now?

2. Adigitalman

Huge impact on extended editions and fanedits in general. Some of his edits are still impossible to find.

1. CBB

Almost all of his fanedits are impossible to find. Who has had a bigger impact on fanedits or more specifically, this forum?

Just saying.

Last edited:
I've been searching for Dluppers' Batman edit since I joined the site, in fact I think that might've been why I joined the site. In terms of editors returning for the sake of their edits becoming available again, that'd be one of the top ones for me.
As far as editors returning to make new edits, Tomahawk's Incredible Hulk Extended cut is possibly my favorite edit, and it'd be cool to see what they could do for other Marvel movies that haven't already been tackled by other editors. Not to mention the possibility of an HD remake of the original Incredible Hulk edit.

Thank you for the high praise @ArtisDead.

If there were a few editors I'd love to see making edits again:

In no particular order.

Jorge (Remixed by Jorge)
njvc
Gatos
Neglify

I concur @L8wrtr ..whatever happened to @njvc ...i loved his Where the Wild things and Indy 4 edits. If my memory serves me well he was also working on a rescoring version of The Lovely Bones. ..that was highly anticipated by me back in the day.

I've been searching for Dluppers' Batman edit since I joined the site, in fact I think that might've been why I joined the site. In terms of editors returning for the sake of their edits becoming available again, that'd be one of the top ones for me.
As far as editors returning to make new edits, Tomahawk's Incredible Hulk Extended cut is possibly my favorite edit, and it'd be cool to see what they could do for other Marvel movies that haven't already been tackled by other editors. Not to mention the possibility of an HD remake of the original Incredible Hulk edit.
I HAVE Dlupper's Batman 4.3 GB mpg. It has a converter Watermark top left (no idea why) but no worse than a Channel Ident.
Just had a peek...Quite grimey anti aliasy...but could be used as a template for an HD upgrade (not by me mind you).

PM me

I HAVE Dlupper's Batman 4.3 GB mpg. It has a converter Watermark top left (no idea why) but no worse than a Channel Ident.
Just had a peek...Quite grimey anti aliasy...but could be used as a template for an HD upgrade (not by me mind you).

PM me
It would appear that the haunted one may be sitting on some of the edits that a few new members want, as well as, some of us old timers arisen anew who may have lost them in the ages.

They have them listed on The Edit Resource List.

Last edited:
we can PM

Last edited:
As well as those mentioned above, rangerkris, Rogue-TheX and steFANedit are voices I miss around here for various reasons. I still hope Rogue one day goes back and finishes The Story Of Leonidas And The 300 Spartans, that looked phenomenally promising as an edit of a Zack Snyder film. My recollection of rangerkris was of someone who was always interested and positive about fanediting and the community, and steFANedit contributed loads of cool horror fanedits, including what I think Neglify once jokingly referred to as the only "banned" fanedit (IIRC part of the presentation was that the film appeared to have been recorded on vhs over an existing adult film, snippets of which cropped up occasionally - hence not being allowed on IFDB).

This deleted comment was meant for Wraith.

Last edited:
As well as those mentioned above, rangerkris, Rogue-TheX and steFANedit are voices I miss around here for various reasons. I still hope Rogue one day goes back and finishes The Story Of Leonidas And The 300 Spartans, that looked phenomenally promising as an edit of a Zack Snyder film. My recollection of rangerkris was of someone who was always interested and positive about fanediting and the community, and steFANedit contributed loads of cool horror fanedits, including what I think Neglify once jokingly referred to as the only "banned" fanedit (IIRC part of the presentation was that the film appeared to have been recorded on vhs over an existing adult film, snippets of which cropped up occasionally - hence not being allowed on IFDB).
LMAO

I concur @L8wrtr ..whatever happened to @njvc ...i loved his Where the Wild things and Indy 4 edits. If my memory serves me well he was also working on a rescoring version of The Lovely Bones. ..that was highly anticipated by me back in the day.
Well, I can report that njvc is doing quite well out in the real world, but in spite of my encouragement is uninterested in returning to the forum or fanediting. We remain close friends and in regular contact and even hung out just before Covid changed the world (which was quite the accomplishment since we live on different continents).

He's an enormously creative guy who in addition to his family and professional life is a very talented musician and likes to find ways to express his creativity. I think he eventually exhausted all of the projects he found both interesting and capable of completing so moved on to fill that creative need in other manifestations.

I agree that his not completing the Lovely Bones project was a major bummer, but there are a few projects like that where they never crossed the finish line and the editor departed.

Which reminds me of another faneditor I'd add to that list whom I miss both creatively and just as an all around great person on the board; @El Barto. Another great talent and great contributor.

TM Productions is a faneditor I wish returned to editing, his Dream Maniac and Chainsaw Devil edits are really good.

Back
Top Bottom