• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched this thinking it was just a clever attempt to make the Chernobyl mini series look like it was shot in the 80s but there is a joke :LOL: . Three things:

1. The joke is in poor taste.

2. You probably need to have watched Chernobyl and/or know about the real disaster.

3. You probably have to watch a lot of Red Letter Media to get the joke.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lately I've gotten super into these videos from Toy Galaxy, which are aimed seemingly square at my generation. It was that amazing time when every toy had a massive cross-media blitz of cartoon, comic, Halloween costume, lunchbox, etc, etc. But some of these were less popular and it's such a trip to find out what they were all about from an adult perspective:

I watched a lot of this as a kid but I think I missed the first couple episodes and had no idea what was going on. The figures were interesting though and I remember the cartoons seemed like they had real stakes. Would love to see this adapted for a modern TV series or something...

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A 1-minute film by Makoto Shinkai (Your Name, Weathering With You, etc) that pretty much tells a whole story. Fun!

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lately I've gotten super into these videos from Toy Galaxy, which are aimed seemingly square at my generation. It was that amazing time when every toy had a massive cross-media blitz of cartoon, comic, Halloween costume, lunchbox, etc, etc. But some of these were less popular and it's such a trip to find out what they were all about from an adult perspective:

I watched a lot of this as a kid but I think I missed the first couple episodes and had no idea what was going on. The figures were interesting though and I remember the cartoons seemed like they had real stakes. Would love to see this adapted for a modern TV series or something...
Wow.. I missed absolutely every aspect of this. Had no clue it was a thing. That was a lot of effort poured into something that just didn't go anywhere!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow.. I missed absolutely every aspect of this. Had no clue it was a thing. That was a lot of effort poured into something that just didn't go anywhere!
Eh...I mean, it was kind of a thing. You really had to be the exact right age at the exact right time, I think. I've seen a couple other videos from Toy Galaxy where I was more in your shoes and had no idea the effort that went into something that was a barely a blip on my radar. Off the top of my head: Vor-Tech, Crystar, Battle Beasts, and especially Bionic Six. That one was apparently supposed to set the world on fire!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some of the Brits here might already have seen this, but it was new to me. A restored version of the short film which played in theaters there before The Empire Strikes Back. I reviewed it here.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty clever and funny short film that I finally caught up with. I want a series of these.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This isn't on Youtube (sorry) but it's a great short film you can watch for free. Asian cinema tends to be dominated by Japan, China, and Korea, so when I see other countries making really cool and worthwhile stuff, I like to bring attention to them. This definitely qualifies.
Manila Death Squad (2017) - 12 minutes. It's mostly a tense, dark comedy.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A very different kind of "awesome"...
This short doc makes a good companion/intro to the award-winning documentary "13th". Beyond race, it shows how the US privatizing the incarceration system has led to a string of legally-empowered enforcement companies which are incentivized to keep poor people oppressed. Essentially, in the US, you can't afford to be poor.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This has a clickbait-y title but is actually quite a good short career retrospective. Lots of coverage of Miyazaki's TV and pre-Ghibli work, which most people don't talk about much. (Spoiler- there's really no "problem" with Miyazaki, and this is mostly a tribute to him).

Rifmaz

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a cool Video made for the Doors song "The End"

Finding this community has been a real treat!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Out of all the Academy Award categories, the "Best Live Action Short Film" is definitely the one I've seen the least of. This film won the award back in 2001, and boy am I glad I watched it. It's a ride. Came for Walton Goggins, stayed for Ray McKinnon. He's definitely on my radar now. (Oh, and I'm not saying there's no comedy in this, but I wouldn't call it a Comedy.)

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now I love Captain James T. Kirk, and Shatner has had some great roles, (one of my favorites was Shit My Dad Says)

But he really comes off as a seriously grumpy and out of touch old man.. now, he could be so brilliant that he's doing this on purpose.. but seriously.. they are impressions, not imitations... the point of most impression is to accentuates, exaggerates the characteristics, take... those ...inflections, the mannerisms ......... and havefunwiththem...

Sigh, Sorry Bill.. you're one of those heroes where a person is likely best off never actually meeting. (Unlike say, Mark Hamill who is the kindest damn person you could hope to ever meet, even if just for 30 seconds).

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How about some good ol' vaudeville GENIUS!!!!

NOW PAY ATTENTION, YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING!

Last edited:
Top Bottom