• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Any zack snyder fans here?

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone 😁 I'm a big zack snyder fan, I love his films very much, anyone else? 😀 I know he sometimes gets a bad rep but I love his work and want to see if anyone wants to talk about it
What you like and dislike and whatever else :geek:

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like him as much as I like any director. I don't think his script writing is very good, and I don't think he fully grasps visual storytelling just yet either. ZSJL is his best film so far imo, or Dawn of the Dead.

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like him as much as I like any director. I don't think his script writing is very good, and I don't think he fully grasps visual storytelling just yet either. ZSJL is his best film so far imo, or Dawn of the Dead.
I mean I disagree (obviously 😅) I quite like his film making and visual style, his DC movies are my favorite. His superman is my superman, same with batman and the rest 😁 He's the one filmmaker I get a special feeling with above all the rest, like I just feel it, this thing I can't explain. I love his work so much, batman v superman and ZSJL are just top dollar for me, man of steel too of course. They must continue 🥺 If there's anything I dislike about any of his films it doesn't come to mind that quick, his films are just IT for me you know? sorry I am rambling 😅 thanks for your input! 😄

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought he missed "my" version of Superman and Batman, but overall I like his style more than Marvel.

He definitely got a bad rap for MoS and BvS just because it wasn't was audiences were expecting, but after time to get over that, they are definitely my favorite.

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some people can't see the forest for the trees.
Yeah that is most certainly the truth, I love batman v superman so much for how human it feels, like it's more than just a superhero movie to me, I remember when it was coming out and everyone was like "who's side are you on!?" because of civil war looming. But it is not about that, batman v superman is so much more than that generic hero v hero thing. The reason that fight happens alone is not because of generic hero action but because of an intricate, deep and detailed in which every second leads to it, civil war to me felt like the opposite. Unfortunately the plot of BVS is misunderstood and criticized but your right, with time more people have realized what a gem it truly is. 😀

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know how you feel- I've been a Ridley Scott apologist for years now. The man's films just resonate with me, more often than not.
Yeah it is one crazy ride our favorite filmmakers can take us on and the feelings they make us feel 😁

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I'm a fan of Zaddy. Batman v Superman is a masterpiece, and his Dawn of the Dead is a great Dead Rising movie.
Hail the lord! 😀 you can join my snyder cult then, I send you the initiation robes 😄

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As some vets here will know, I didn’t grow up on comic books so I don’t have a strong attachment to the characters or the genre. But I do view the superhero as something that could serve as modern myth. Snyder’s (presumed) ambition seems to align with that. And I like that. I also like his visual flair though I do think he needs to exercise some restraint. That said I haven’t seen a Snyder movie that I thought was good, let alone great. Given what I said above, I really want him to be successful, but he hasn’t done it for me yet. I find his ambition to be much more interesting than anything the MCU has done.

Starkillerboss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As some vets here will know, I didn’t grow up on comic books so I don’t have a strong attachment to the characters or the genre. But I do view the superhero as something that could serve as modern myth. Snyder’s (presumed) ambition seems to align with that. And I like that. I also like his visual flair though I do think he needs to exercise some restraint. That said I haven’t seen a Snyder movie that I thought was good, let alone great. Given what I said above, I really want him to be successful, but he hasn’t done it for me yet. I find his ambition to be much more interesting than anything the MCU has done.
I grew up on the comics, mainly DC so I love the characters and the universe with great passion. It's just my thing, it serves my itch if that makes sense 😅 My favorite snyder films are mainly his DC ones but I did really like army of the dead too among others. I am biased but I don't think he needs to show any restraint, his visual style is gorgeous and I love the stories he tells, again I am biased 😬 I do agree however that he is leagues above anything marvel has done, It's no secret I think that marvel is quite generic with the superhero trope. like half their films are made to just be the "fun superhero movie" when snyder's DC work handles so much more and feels so much more human and real.

Top Bottom