• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League Grindhoused

CourtlyHades296

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A true grindhouse experience needs film grain, scratches, dirt & cue marks. I still think that 1.85:1 would be a better choice than 2.35.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me 2.35:1 is always better than 1.85:1. Especially for Grindhouse.
And since I already have re-framed version made for previous JL fanedit, I'm using it. Won't spend time on re-framing for the ratio which I don't even like.

A true grindhouse experience needs film grain, scratches, dirt & cue marks.
Only missing cue marks. See clips on previous page.

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Proceeding to work on the new opening titles sequence, looks like it's the last thing to do.
Still not sure about the song for it.

Any suggestions? :>

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As this was recently completed, should the thread be moved to proper forum or should I create a new one?

EDIT: Thanks :)

Last edited:

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great trailer. makes me want to see it. also with the grindhouse version now there's a place to showcase all of Affleck's cheesy lines!

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer's not really mine. I've just found it accidentally and it fits quite well even if the look of the movie is different.

Fran_Garcia

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks really interesting. Looking forward for this fan edit.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
btw, didn't know that editing out one sentence from the description makes the edit unavailable on the IFDB and "pending moderation" again.

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fact that nobody seems to be interested in this, seems a bit surprising I must admit.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fact that nobody seems to be interested in this, seems a bit surprising I must admit.
Really? It's on my watch list, only I'm waiting for my copy of Josstice League to arrive, since you included footage from that and I didn't own it.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm interested in it, but I'm feeling kind of burnt out on DC stuff at the moment

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really? It's on my watch list, only I'm waiting for my copy of Josstice League to arrive, since you included footage from that and I didn't own

Wait, what?

So, what about the fact, I've also included few seconds from Planet Terror, Enter the Dragon (logo) and Gremlins 2 :p
Anyone who wants to watch it "by the book" should buy them too?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wait, what?

So, what about the fact, I've also included few seconds from Planet Terror, Enter the Dragon (logo) and Gremlins 2 :p
Anyone who wants to watch it "by the book" should buy them too?
Fortunately I own all of those. And I thought you were using more than just a few seconds from Josstice League (still don't regret the purchase, as it was a really cheap used copy).

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No mocking here. I just wonder how it works. What about music? Every person who wants to watch it should have all those CDs which I used?
In that case probably no one can watch it according to the rules.
Always thoght it means you have to own original movie edit is based on.

Fortunately I own all of those. And I thought you were using more than just a few seconds from Josstice League (still don't regret the purchase, as it was a really cheap used copy).

Never said that. I used few minutes from Josstice but most of it is still Snyder material present in ZSJL (which was re-edited or reshaped for theatrical), maybe 2-3 single shots and two or three scenes exclusive to theatrical version.
Seconds were from those other movies (logos and some grindhouse effects).

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The own-the-source rule is best discussed with admins via PM. In my case I try to abide as much as I can unless it's something really minor (say, a movie logo that can be readily found on YouTube anyway).

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe, but after reading the rule I still don't understand how this rule works (regarding those who watch fanedits). Copy of a film? Copies o all the films even if one second is used?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe, but after reading the rule I still don't understand how this rule works (regarding those who watch fanedits). Copy of a film? Copies o all the films even if one second is used?

To the best of my knowledge, that'd be all films even if one second is used. No one here wants to risk being taken for a pirate, even if for one second of footage. The MPAA and the studios let us exist because we're sharing material we own and pay for, only with people who own and paid for the same material. Since we paid for our copy, it's irrelevant how we watch it, and that includes fanedits.

Top Bottom