• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Power Rangers

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dino Fury really looks great! If it's as good as Beast Morphers (which I enjoyed more than most PR seasons of recent years) we are int for a treat.

Anyway, as the saying goes, I was today years old when I learned there is a full-cast Power Rangers audio drama series - and there has been for over a couple of years! I'm a fan of audio through Big Finish Doctor Who - in fact around 10 years ago I realised I'm a bigger fan of Big Finish than the TV series.

I haven't listened to any of the episodes yet, but I do plan to binge it. I've listened to bits and pieces as well as an interview with the director and cast. This is a reboot, taking inspiration from the Boom Comics, but with a freer approach to continuity. The writer says he was disappointed by the 2017, which motivated him to do this.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP80QSKDMGeoW1yYXfNUFNo9rx1Dq7g6j

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DANLAV05 said:
Dino Fury really looks great! If it's as good as Beast Morphers (which I enjoyed more than most PR seasons of recent years) we are int for a treat.

Anyway, as the saying goes, I was today years old when I learned there is a full-cast Power Rangers audio drama series - and there has been for over a couple of years! I'm a fan of audio through Big Finish Doctor Who - in fact around 10 years ago I realised I'm a bigger fan of Big Finish than the TV series.

I haven't listened to any of the episodes yet, but I do plan to binge it. I've listened to bits and pieces as well as an interview with the director and cast. This is a reboot, taking inspiration from the Boom Comics, but with a freer approach to continuity. The writer says he was disappointed by the 2017, which motivated him to do this.

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Scyther Audio Productions is SO GOOD!!! Their Power Rangers stuff is incredible, & they've also done a great Batman: Husu audio drama (which is better on youtube, since you have the comic as a visual aid), and I hear they do very faithful productions on classic X-Men stories!

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
DANLAV05 said:

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Scyther Audio Productions is SO GOOD!!! Their Power Rangers stuff is incredible, & they've also done a great Batman: Husu audio drama (which is better on youtube, since you have the comic as a visual aid), and I hear they do very faithful productions on classic X-Men stories!

I watched their Batman TLH but had no idea they did Power Rangers. Halfway through Season 1 really enjoying it!

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points

NEW THEME SONG!

This and Beast Morphers are the first seasons in years I've been interested for it's own merits and not just the team-up special!Ā  Great looking cast, been following developments

Still sucks we'll probably have to wait at least a year before we find out about Entwistle's shared universe of movies, series and animation though :(

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@DANLAV05 did you check out today's episode?

Last one for a while apparently, but what a story.

Totalled Megazord, Void Knight's true motivations, an appearance by Mick from Ninja Steel, and the origin of the Nexus Prism!

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@DANLAV05 did you check out today's episode?

Last one for a while apparently, but what a story.

Totalled Megazord, Void Knight's true motivations, an appearance by Mick from Ninja Steel, and the origin of the Nexus Prism!
Haven't found it yet :p in UK

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can find all Dino Fury episodes on Youtube.
thanks

Watching now. Best season in years

I thought Beast Morphers was great but ths is on another level

Last edited:

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ahhh, it's Catherine Sutherland's' turn to guest star on Shattered Past

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JASON FRANK has died.
He was only 49.
šŸ˜ž

JtnmVj7l.jpg

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So so sad. So giving to the fans, always up for returning to Tommy and a tireless hard worker at conventions making sure everyone has their items signed and photos with them if they wished.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers launched in August 1993 and was a hit- then another Ranger launched just a couple of months later and fans got WILD. I like how Tommy Oliver had a long history that you could follow - the most episodes, guest appearances, the most Ranger forms, movies, the Bat in the Sun shorts, comics etc.

This is such a tragedy on the eve of the 30th Anniversary, the man was not even 50 years old. I'm used to Doctor Who and Star Trek, franchises going twice as long as Power Rangers. Plus JDF was launching his Legend of the White Dragon project, which spent time at Saban/Hasbro as a potential Green Ranger spinoff. Now it looks like the movie's going to be his swansong. Also the fact he filmed everything was cool - His Morphin Life documentary of filming Super Megaforce was better than the show - we got a real insight behind the scenes including a visit to the offices and prop store as well as the studio/location.

Such a sad loss, this will leave a huge hole in the Ranger Community. Jason David Frank, you will be missed

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly, JDF is to Power Rangers what Tennant and Tom Baker are to Doctor Who. For many fans, even the ones that remain viewers of the show to this very day, he IS Power Rangers, he is THE Ranger. His tireless devotion to this programme is unparalled, he had the IT factor, and had the legit martial arts skills and devoted himself to his craft. I respected that he was hardcore religious too.

If any of you need to watch any episode of Power Rangers in tribute to him, go to Youtube, where most of the classic seasons are legally hosted, and watch "Fighting Spirit" from Dino Thunder.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly, JDF is to Power Rangers what Tennant and Tom Baker are to Doctor Who. For many fans, even the ones that remain viewers of the show to this very day, he IS Power Rangers, he is THE Ranger. His tireless devotion to this programme is unparalled, he had the IT factor, and had the legit martial arts skills and devoted himself to his craft. I respected that he was hardcore religious too.

If any of you need to watch any episode of Power Rangers in tribute to him, go to Youtube, where most of the classic seasons are legally hosted, and watch "Fighting Spirit" from Dino Thunder.
The one thing I don't get about this fandom is their allergy to MMPR. It's embedded in 90s pop culture, the one that started it all. JDF/Tommy's success is what made the show, and this is part of what kept it all going. They tried to have JDF as the lead of Cyberon, later VR Troopers, but Tommy's popularity brought him back again as the White Ranger - originally a part written for Brad Hawkins before they swapped them over and Tommy continued for a couple more seasons.

Yes the guy seemed to have an ego and pushed himself front and centre of the brand, but you know what? It worked. He drew the crowds in at cons. Tommy had every right to be seen as the most legendary - especially as the OG Red Ranger has seemed to have gone alt-right, supporting Tr*mp and apparently at a con this weekend (the day JDF died oddly enough) he was making fun of women and the LGBT community. And despite the fact that she was brought back for the 30th, Karan Ashley took thousands of dollars from fans for a film that was never made. But JDF was honest and true. Full of life, enthusiasm and giving to the fans

And 49? No age, waay too young.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The one thing I don't get about this fandom is their allergy to MMPR. It's embedded in 90s pop culture, the one that started it all. JDF/Tommy's success is what made the show, and this is part of what kept it all going. They tried to have JDF as the lead of Cyberon, later VR Troopers, but Tommy's popularity brought him back again as the White Ranger - originally a part written for Brad Hawkins before they swapped them over and Tommy continued for a couple more seasons.

Yes the guy seemed to have an ego and pushed himself front and centre of the brand, but you know what? It worked. He drew the crowds in at cons. Tommy had every right to be seen as the most legendary - especially as the OG Red Ranger has seemed to have gone alt-right, supporting Tr*mp and apparently at a con this weekend (the day JDF died oddly enough) he was making fun of women and the LGBT community. And despite the fact that she was brought back for the 30th, Karan Ashley took thousands of dollars from fans for a film that was never made. But JDF was honest and true. Full of life, enthusiasm and giving to the fans

And 49? No age, waay too young.
I looked up the thread for Legend of the White Dragon, and god the comments prior to the tragedy are just vile. This fandom's sadly never grown up in the 20+ years I've been a part of the community, and back then they were worse.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I looked up the thread for Legend of the White Dragon, and god the comments prior to the tragedy are just vile. This fandom's sadly never grown up in the 20+ years I've been a part of the community, and back then they were worse.
I took the mick a bit but for others it was just pure bitterness and hated.

fastng

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, and Jungle Fury are my favorite. S.P.D and Mystic Force were also good. I guess I just carbon dated myself, but I've been meaning to watch the older ones. I forgot where I left off for Mighty Morphin, but I remember liking it too.

Top Bottom