• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Amadeus - TM2YC's HD Theatrical Recreation

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hubunkey said:
Will there be an mp4 version available?

A 4GB 720p MP4 is now available too, with the same three selectable audio tracks. Obviously it's not the same quality as 99% of the blu-ray version but the 1% low resolution footage does mesh much better on this MP4.

Edit now complete. Thread moved.

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Hubunkey said:
Will there be an mp4 version available?

I might do. A small 720p one maybe.

The blu-ray is done and uploaded. The menu turned out nice and is designed to match the artwork...

F**kin' legendary, mate. I'm definitely gonna need the blu-ray for this.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tm2yc has his wolfgang on! looking forward to this.

gmtn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this is an old thread but where can I download this 4GB 720p MP4 ? I have the DC version but I want to show the original version to my boys.
Thanks

Last edited:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this is an old thread but where can I download this 4GB 720p MP4 ? I have the DC version but I want to show the original version to my boys.
Thanks

Sending a message to the editor is always the best option to find an edit you want.

15MaF

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I fancied doing a quick project over a couple of weekends, as a change from more complicated fanedits and recreating the original 'Theatrical Cut' of Milos Forman's much admired 1984 film 'Amadeus' is it.

The 20-minutes longer 2002 'Director's Cut' is freely available on blu-ray but the 8x-Oscar-Winning original is only available on a quite poor (Laserdisc/VHS transfer?) 1997 "flipper" PAL DVD. Thankfully, unlike something like 'THX-1138', where half the film is missing, the DC for 'Amadeus' features 99% of the footage needed to remake the TC. The small quantity of missing DVD-only TC footage will be upscaled and graded to blend in as best as can be.

Here is a 2-minute demo of what the cut will be like...

Once the video has been conformed to the DVD's runtime, editing of the audio tracks will begin. I'll include the TC's 5.1 mix and Isolated-Score and possibly a shortened version of the DC commentary. I understand the commentary is an extended version of a rare Laserdisc TC commentary. If anybody has that, it'd make things easier.

I'll prbably do this as a large 1080p blu-ray compatible mkv, or an actual 25GB blu-ray. It won't be quite the same quality as the 50GB DC disc but storage has it's limits.
Nice grading match on the inserted frames. Smooth as butter.

EnjoyTheSauce44

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I fancied doing a quick project over a couple of weekends, as a change from more complicated fanedits and recreating the original 'Theatrical Cut' of Milos Forman's much admired 1984 film 'Amadeus' is it.

The 20-minutes longer 2002 'Director's Cut' is freely available on blu-ray but the 8x-Oscar-Winning original is only available on a quite poor (Laserdisc/VHS transfer?) 1997 "flipper" PAL DVD. Thankfully, unlike something like 'THX-1138', where half the film is missing, the DC for 'Amadeus' features 99% of the footage needed to remake the TC. The small quantity of missing DVD-only TC footage will be upscaled and graded to blend in as best as can be.

Here is a 2-minute demo of what the cut will be like...

Once the video has been conformed to the DVD's runtime, editing of the audio tracks will begin. I'll include the TC's 5.1 mix and Isolated-Score and possibly a shortened version of the DC commentary. I understand the commentary is an extended version of a rare Laserdisc TC commentary. If anybody has that, it'd make things easier.

I'll prbably do this as a large 1080p blu-ray compatible mkv, or an actual 25GB blu-ray. It won't be quite the same quality as the 50GB DC disc but storage has it's limits.
I'm very new to this site - but this is my absolute favorite movie, and the theatrical cut is my absolute favorite version. How do I go about getting a copy of your reconstruction?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How do I get a copy of this?
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to review our rules and guidelines (links in my signature and at the top of each page). We do not allow requests for edits in the forums outside of the Trades & Requests forum and that follow the guidelines found in the stickied thread there. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM staff. Thanks!

spike.b

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This project must have been so much work, but really needed. I saw the theatrical release on VHS in high school, and bought the late 90's DVD which was also the theatrical version. After many years of wear, it started to skip, and I thought nothing of getting a streaming version. I'd heard there were more scenes, but was stunned at how much I disliked the movie-- my all time favorite film. Looking forward to spending more time with this film again.

bad_karma24

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just wanted to thank you tremendously for this! I love Amadeus but the director's cut is too bloated. This will tide me over until an official version is released :)

Top Bottom