• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Captain Marvel : Where's the Love

I can't post a link can I?
pm me?
I also have a thread on another website, am I allowed to say which one?

Most of these can be answered via the following pinned box at the top of each page.
If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

hmm.. so I spent maybe 6 hours trying to rework this.. to remove the line "I've been fighting with one arm tied behind my back".
I thought it was a good suggestion.
I'm looking at the original and comparing to what I've done and I actually think the original works better. I wasn't entirely sure if the line needed to be taken out so now I am wondering if my work might be wasted.
I'll see what you guys think anyway. I did spend a lot of time adding some lighting effects to the shot of carol's face to indicate the implant going crazy.
I wouldn't want that to completely go to waste so even if it stops here, at least you guys have seen it XD

mnkykungfu thanks for your response, It's late here now though so I promise I'll respond to you properly tomorrow ^^​

DigModiFicaTion thanks for the tip. I read the rules already but I was still a little confused so I just wanted to make sure by asking the membership. :)

Wow, I have to thank @Malthus for pointing me to this edit, because it looks fantastic! Without getting into specifics, I've always thought that whatever quibbles I had with the film, it wasn't really for me (as a dude) to dwell on.
Thank you very much for the kind words ^_^
yes, I have a lot of male friends and this movie just really grated on me, wondering why on earth it needed to be so negative towards men.

At least, it is for me. (And I watched your preview and LOVE the montage...you nailed it! I would just ask if there's any way to stretch the music slightly longer or turn up the volume at the end? It gets a bit too quiet as the Supreme Intelligence is challenging her I think...I'd like for the music to still be going, and only cut out when she announces that she's Carol. Then: music back full force! Stand up! Triumph!)
I think I know what you mean, I never really noticed the music going quiet at that moment. I'll take a look and see if it's something I feel can be done / should be done.
I watched Edit 2 and I like the vision of it, but I wonder what the flashback has to do with the present moment? I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but it's not like they were talking about wanting to go into space or something, so I'm not sure what the specific relevance is beyond featuring the same characters...?
They were both pilots, they both wanted to do something meaningful. I have edited that bit more btw, it is a little more 'layered' now.
I felt it was important, mainly to have the viewer focused on the relationship between the two in this scene. with that established, then when they reach space and the gravity is gone, and Carol looks at Maria, it just feels better for me.

"You've Got The Touch (The Power)" is an amazing track, but for some people falls into that "I'm Just a Girl" territory of being on-the-nose and overly-iconic. Am I wrong in that all the music in the film is '90s? Also, are you considering replacing any other tracks?
Yes, I'm pretty sure it is all 90s music. The directors commentary said they were considering music from all eras but in hte end, the movie took on this grunge music sort of identity. I don't have any plans to change any others, this one was just .. sort of offensive for me. I like the song, but it just doesn't mesh with this moment for me

Thdzh7x.png

"Violet" is an awesome track, totally fits. Though it's pretty raging, and there are several bits of humor in the big Starforce confrontation.... Minerva shooting the Nerf gun, Atlas tries to crush her with the pinball machine but the legs just support it because the joke is those got abused all the time, the lunchbox, the Flerkin... not sure if the comedic moments fit the mood, especially for what should be a triumphant confrontation of the people who were lying to, manipulating, and in a sense, grooming Carol.
Honestly, it was so hard to find a suitable replacement song. I'm pretty happy with Violet though because yes it is raging, but while watching the sequence, I feel like it isn't too overpowering 'rage'.
Anyway, this looks like a potential shelf-replacer for me, I really applaud you for the thought and work put in so far. When you make your next revisions and have a (potentially) final version, sign me up to preview!
Such a compliment! Thanks ^_^

Last edited:
no, he gets scratched by Goose, but in this new mid credits scene, it just tells us the scratch wasn't that bad. :)

that's right.
see, it would be an immense task for me to remove that. and some people will question it, so I have to have the cat scratch in there. but then I had the cool idea of using previous office building footage of fury. I had previously been given the cool suggestion of putting an agents of shield clip in there, but I don't own that so I was reluctant to buy that just to put one clip in here.

that's right.
see, it would be an immense task for me to remove that. and some people will question it, so I have to have the cat scratch in there. but then I had the cool idea of using previous office building footage of fury. I had previously been given the cool suggestion of putting an agents of shield clip in there, but I don't own that so I was reluctant to buy that just to put one clip in here.
Agents of shield is on netflix so if you have that you own it?

Regardless that's pretty creative for a mid credits scene.

batman thumbs up GIF

I'm looking at the original and comparing to what I've done and I actually think the original works better. I wasn't entirely sure if the line needed to be taken out so now I am wondering if my work might be wasted.
Every effort is never wasted if you learned a new skill or honed the skill you have. I've spent ridiculous amounts of time on similar things that I never share with anyone. As long as you learn and grow it's a positive gain.

I'll see what you guys think anyway. I did spend a lot of time adding some lighting effects to the shot of carol's face to indicate the implant going crazy.
I wouldn't want that to completely go to waste so even if it stops here, at least you guys have seen it XD
It's been a long time since I've seen this movie, so I'm not really sure where the line was removed but I'm guessing it's when she's talking to the MCP thing that is in the shape of her commander? There seemed to be something that felt a little off at that point.

It's been a long time since I've seen this movie, so I'm not really sure where the line was removed but I'm guessing it's when she's talking to the MCP thing that is in the shape of her commander? There seemed to be something that felt a little off at that point.
it's actually quite extensively edited there. after the bit where the supreme intelligence stops shooting green flames, she says "i've been fighting with one arm tied behind my back." then she removes the thing on her neck saying " what happens if i remove it" drops it on the floor, and it explodes, then it shows a montage of the time she got her powers and then it cuts to outside the virtual world. I repurposed the flashback to the explosion of the lightspeed engine to look like carol was exploding the supreme intelligence.
I've throw this in the can though, It just never worked out, the pacing was all wrong. I did actually try several different approaches, using different kind of filler footage orf flashback etc, but in the end it was a non starter.

i've found the same issue with other parts. can't remove the part where carol demands the pager. can't remove her shooting the jukebox.

thanks for pointing out btw, you are 100% correct, I now know a lot more about how to use colour nodes in resolve and m quite practiced in combining and animating layer masks.

Right then, okay... So I think it's finished now then ^_^
I'm happy with what I've done thanks to much valuable feedback!
There are many things I did, while many things I wished to do proved too difficult.
The only thing left now I think is to check for errors. Is anybody willing to give this version a watch?
I'm just looking for feedback on errors, bad cuts, etc.

differences between this and last version:
  • Adjusted colour grading throughout.
  • Fixed framerate issues on deleted scenes. (OMG this was a much bigger pain than I had anticipated)
  • Introduced the teaching deleted scene at the start to give more context into Kree society.
  • Moved Yon Rogg/supreme intelligence clip later in movie, just after Carol discovers Yon Rogg's betrayal.
  • Cut Fury and 'Keller' looking under blanket at autopsy.
  • Boosted the green in Talos' face in the house to stop him looking brown.
  • fixed audio a bit too loud at the start of the journey up into space.
  • Upon scanning Goose and Fury, changed "human male" to "human".
  • Re-introduced the Goose scratching fury scene, but removed Talos' foreboding reaction. .
  • New mid credits scene showing Fury with both his eyes. The scratch wasn't that bad. :p

Right then, okay... So I think it's finished now then ^_^
I'm happy with what I've done thanks to much valuable feedback!
There are many things I did, while many things I wished to do proved too difficult.
The only thing left now I think is to check for errors. Is anybody willing to give this version a watch?
I'm just looking for feedback on errors, bad cuts, etc.

differences between this and last version:
  • Adjusted colour grading throughout.
  • Fixed framerate issues on deleted scenes. (OMG this was a much bigger pain than I had anticipated)
  • Introduced the teaching deleted scene at the start to give more context into Kree society.
  • Moved Yon Rogg/supreme intelligence clip later in movie, just after Carol discovers Yon Rogg's betrayal.
  • Cut Fury and 'Keller' looking under blanket at autopsy.
  • Boosted the green in Talos' face in the house to stop him looking brown.
  • fixed audio a bit too loud at the start of the journey up into space.
  • Upon scanning Goose and Fury, changed "human male" to "human".
  • Re-introduced the Goose scratching fury scene, but removed Talos' foreboding reaction. .
  • New mid credits scene showing Fury with both his eyes. The scratch wasn't that bad. :p
did you also implement this scene as well?
hmm.. so I spent maybe 6 hours trying to rework this.. to remove the line "I've been fighting with one arm tied behind my back".
I thought it was a good suggestion.

mnkykungfu thanks for your response, It's late here now though so I promise I'll respond to you properly tomorrow ^^​

DigModiFicaTion thanks for the tip. I read the rules already but I was still a little confused so I just wanted to make sure by asking the membership. :)

No, that cut just didn't work. the pacing was all wrong and it didn't have the same impact.
The lines that she says.. they are accurate. keeping her emotions in check, was akin to keeping her arm tied.
I didn't personally see a problem with it, but I saw how it could potentially be better without that line and I did try. the end result though... :/

No, that cut just didn't work. the pacing was all wrong and it didn't have the same impact.
The lines that she says.. they are accurate. keeping her emotions in check, was akin to keeping her arm tied.
I didn't personally see a problem with it, but I saw how it could potentially be better without that line and I did try. the end result though... :/
Gotcha. Well if you need someone to take a look for any mistakes feel free to send it my way. It might take me a couple of days since its going to be a bit busy for me.

Thanks ^_^

I'm a little behind, as my rendered file had volume levels that were too high and I had to re-edit and I also noticed that the teaching scene had not been graded properly by the original film makers. so I've had to go through it, adjusting light levels, adding some vignettes and spotlights etc.
I figured I should get that fixed before rendering again. It's funny, all hte other deleted scenes look fine, just this scene looked kinda flat.

Agents of shield is on netflix so if you have that you own it?
Nope, you don't own anything on Netflix, you're paying them for permission to stream from their library. Please don't steal by confusing this arrangement with ownership.

I've had a request to remove 'ma bell'. I don't know who that is but apparently people don't like her XD
anyway, I tried this little bit of audio corruption. how do people feel about this? I'm not 100% on it.

I've had a request to remove 'ma bell'. I don't know who that is but apparently people don't like her XD
anyway, I tried this little bit of audio corruption. how do people feel about this? I'm not 100% on it.
wait why did ma bell want to be removed? i mean the audio corruption sounds fine but im more curious as to why that was wanting to be removed?

I don't really know US phone systems, but apparently that lady that was talking when the phone got cut off, she shouldn't be able to interfere with the kree communications technology that carol set up.

Back
Top Bottom