• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Godfather Chronological Edit: FULL HD Rebuild - MAX LENGTH 10h 5min

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NUMBNUTS C'est moi

So, I downloaded a torrent of Part 2 in Italian.....

The bad news
The voices just won't work. Clemenza is VERY close, but Vito is off....WAY OFF. The Italian is dubbed over the Italian as suspected. Also, the ambient tone and overall sonic spectrum is audibly way off. There would be no way to solve that well. PLUS, it's the theatrical cut, so I would only have been able to restore a small amount of dialogue.

The good news
I don't need to rebuild the dialogue, and after a couple of days off editing, I'll be starting FILM 2.

Anyone want to but an Italian version of The Godfather Part 2?

'I'll be right here'

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE - FINAL POLISH TO FILM 1 Completed

So, all additions, transitions, inadvertent logos, and opening titles DONE. as are End titles, DONE TOO .

I used travelling crops and chroma key to remove items not appropriate such as the full cast since they receive credit in the open. I used the actual end credits from PArts 1 & 2 removing main cast, re-sequencing the credit roll and a blend of music from the end credits of Part 1 and 2 that are appropriate to FILM 1 rather than using the car crash that is the end credits of the chrono edits which have awful fonts. I could use AMC, since their credits match each 90 min segment, but the work involved to make them correct would be far more. OH and Robert De Niro is credited on the end credit roll of the Extended version as 'DeNiro'. It would appear HALOVER9000 had the same idea (is he still about?)

The most troublesome item was the closing scene. There are 3 shots I wanted to add (see earlier posts). The issue I had is that they felt a tad rushed since I was working with the existing audio. All I needed was a second or two, SO, using my audio mixer and editor, I did a high res stretch of the audio, preserving the pitch. This gave me a valuable 2.3 secs extra, just enough to lengthen two of the shots enough not to feel rushed at all. Then I just needed to overlay the remaining footage to sync with the door shutting and the hand kiss. Super.

The other polish was to the Clemenza / Vito coffee shop chat. This has an extra shot added to it which was the opening shot in the Theatrical version. It works fine where I placed it, but needed some finesse on timing of Clemenza drinking his coffee.

So I didn't take the day off...SHOOT ME.

Tomorrow, FILM 2 opening credits....I won't be sayin much since you've heard it all before and the captions are all done. I just need to drop them in with the music already prepared....

That's it for today!

'Let me sleep...'

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
EXTRA POLISH

...so, I went in and gave the end credit roll an extra polish. It is made up of 19 tracked crops across GF Part 1 and Part 2. Timing and sequencing were a tad off, so I re-arranged a few things. Nothing has been sped up or slowed down, thus staying true to the original impact on overall run time. Combined, they run shorter than the combined end rolls of both movies due to the excisions made. That took a heck of a while since effectively each segment is a travelling matte, in order to block out portions at the start and end of each segment. Chroma key lets me overlap them without having to have a black screen gap, which is lame, obvious and not professional looking.

Short and sweet today.

FILM 1 LOCKED 4 hrs 39m 41 sec; that's 1min 53 secs added (pending that analysis of all versions, less credits which will come after Film 2 is Locked)
INTERMISSION at 2hr 31m 28 sec (10 secs in length using ORIGINAL INTERMISSION card).

Film 2 edit starts tomorrow (should be a lot quicker than Film 1)

"Hang on a minute, lads. I've got a great idea."

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE: WITH VIDEO - 10 min
THE VEGAS PROBLEM with VIDEO
NEW SOLLOZZO SUBTITLES with VIDEO

Lot's going on...I'll be brief! There's a 10 min video to watch AND YOU MUST WATCH! (some typos in it, sorry).
(NO SPOLIERS! PROMISE)

FILM 2:
Opening credits half done, assembly complete (polish needed). Transitions also need to be checked, and scan for add break fades. Will also be checking subtitles to ensure they are in the correct font (and well translated). I will also need to "Invert" my edit of GF Part 3 (see earlier posts). End credit travelling matte crops will also need doing. I'll report any interesting findings.

FILM 1:
Further polish to end credits (now 20 travelling matte crops), removing Dick Smith duplication, 3 secs dropped. Replaced subtitles which were in the wrong font for Mama singing at the wedding and Gramps. Sollozzo in the coffee bar subtitles was in an odd font (I will correct my typos) and needed better translation (see video for FULL comparison) and with the Red Flag subtitles (Sicily), I elected to leave since even though it is in the wrong font, it represents the marchers, so a different font is acceptable. Better that that loose HD material! The ONLY material I could not re-insert into FILM 1 was Kay driving up to the gate to leave the Corelone compound and Tom Hagen coming to get her. It only appears in the EPIC and SAGA versions and in SD. Since neither was ever televised, and if it were it would be also in SD back then, its gone. I also forgot to drop the new Vegas transition in...that was fortuitous; that needed more work.

FILM 1 is 100% completed and LOCKED!.
Final RT 4hrs 39 mins 28 secs (short reduction 13 secs due to end credit tweaks, 2 secs added to Vegas and 2 secs added to last scene...NO PREVIEW for that one; sorry folks)
Artwork next (after FILM 2 is done).

VEGAS BONUS:

So, the video below show a problem with the Vegas footage I had NOT noticed (plus the Sollozzo comparison). Although I had solved the problem inadvertently with the Sinatra replacement shot, the stock footage used (which is what it was) fades in over the end of a crossfade with a bunch of trees. Also, when the second shot begins, there are a dozen or so still frames in the cross fade (guess audiences were less visually critical?). I have slowed it down so you can see both issues. The material I used, was the only HD footage I could find. I have also include the YouTube link to it, its wonderful stuff and I count myself lucky that there was an appropriately angled shot. Oceans 11, Robin and the & Hoods and a bunch more movie, had nothing I could use. Pitty really. I would have loved to have made that transition 5 or 6 seconds longer, but I also can't identify the music....Shazam gives no result and although I have a big collection of big band music I could draw from, it would not be the same piece/cue and THIS is not a fan edit; it is a preservation/reconstruction... I elected to stretch the audio by 2 secs, it is not noticeable (as you can hear in the video); this gave me the room to have the music fade in correctly and add an extra establishing shot, which rounds off the montage. See below for comparisons and the original issue (now corrected).

What do you all think? I'm I screwing with a masterpiece, or just polishing what could not be finished off back then?
I do value input!!!!

ENJOY

ORIGINAL VEGAS HD FOOTAGE from "thekinolibrary"

'I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook'

P.S.

Now ya'll know why The Hobbit took me 4 years!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ps...blink and you miss it, but yes, the Cuban revoltion was 1953 (in FILM 2), and Ceasers opened in 1966. In the Sound of Music, Julie Andrews stands on a box of oranges that says 'Produce of Israel". The film is set in a time that pre-dates the founding of Israel...these things happen. I think Ceasers is a better result than still frames and trees from a lazy transition....and having a Sinatra marquee... apt. Nuff said.

Agree?

Last edited:

sgp1428

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can't argue with your attention to detail. Your FINAL Vegas offering looked really nice and if you can live with Ceasers i'm sure I can...:)

Subs look better as well and the improved translation was again a nice touch with attention to detail in mind.....

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE

Bogged down on FILM 2 opening credits polish. Major Title logo clean up, had to also revise the music.
Can't argue with your attention to detail. Your FINAL Vegas offering looked really nice and if you can live with Ceasers i'm sure I can...:)

Subs look better as well and the improved translation was again a nice touch with attention to detail in mind.....
Appreciate your comment, thanks....Guess what...stuck on the detail of FILM 2 opening credits...I forgot the Title Logo of the film was over the Chair in Part 2....

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just spent some time completing the opening of FILM 2. DONE!

I was dying to get into the edit, and the first challenge was how to sort out the opening scene, the First Communion. It is NOT in the AMC version. It will be in this version in HD. I worked out a real nice way. It acts as a throwback to FILM 1, uses ONLY new material as in NOT in FILM 1, with a nice juxtaposition which at this point, I'm not going to spoil for anyone. It is NOT a fan edit, and this is not an alteration, but I will be overlapping some audio which also solves the problem of how to intro the Communion and what do I use as an establishing shot. I have moved two shots to achieve this, but funnily enough, two of the chrono edits also have the scene switched for the same reason...I just polished up the execution. Well, the issues are all solved and I'm really pleased with it. I hope you all will be too...eventually.

My overall objective? That when people watch it, especially those that know these films well, that they think "what a load of crap, nothing has really changed!"...I will consider that a success!!!

"Goodnight John boy"

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE:

FILM 1:
I did a test render of FILM 1, and I just was not happy with the Font for the captions...the one on the transitions to ELLIS ISLAND etc. I had made a mistake when I used various font finders, and landed on Dragon Serial being the closest I could find. There are 14 varieties and I was not looking as closely as I should have. The correct font was Dragon Serial X bold...so, another $6.... The free versions that are VERY CLOSE, just not quite right. The "C" has a curl, or the "I" is too thick etc. This one is best. So I will replace accordingly and re-render the test.

I also reviewed my 4-way comparison session to make sure I don't not miss anything out overall.

FILM 2:
Added the caption for Lake Tahoe (in the correct font finally) and progressed on more transitions, starting with the relocation of Michael and son at bedtime scene (see previous posts). EPIC and SAGA both have this scene occur where it should be but there are significant music issues and timing issues. The audio needed solve, the specific cue is NOT on any CD AND AMC use different music, and EPIC and SAGA have a clumsy segue across two differing music cues with no regard to the scenes integrity; they just moved them and crossfaded. The Theatrical and Extended versions have different cues and AMC preceded one of the scenes with a fade to black for ads, so there is no audio continuity. That was today's focus.

Here is the solve: Move the scene with the explosion to occur as Michael looks at his watch during the party. That scene is only preceded by Pentangili drinking and Michael dancing with Kay THEN we get the BOOM. By moving this up LOTS of things happen to impact of the scene shift INCLUDING freeing one of two longshots of the party in the dark. One of the dance floor and one of the boat passing the lights...(this shot was used TWICE in all versions ...I'll come back to that one. Now, by moving up the shot by two scenes, we get Michael look at his watch, cross fade to that BOOM scene and straight after, hard cut to Pentangili. This removed the hard cut when Michael looks at his watch and cut to Pentangeli drinking...he's hardly had enough time to get to a table let alone a glass of wine....so this adds some needed time. More importantly it places the BOOM closer to Michael anxiously checking the time AND it now means that the next scene, Michael and Kay dancing, adds a real callous air to Michael. This now means that the freed up long shots can be split; one to crossfade to Michael walking into Anthony's room with the GF music from the party. Here I used the shot of the dancers slower. This freed up the audio music from the first shot of the boat in the dark. This shot is also slightly longer than the second use of it later in film as released. The other versions use similar but differing cues here....This is then followed by the Kay Michael bed scene in the bedroom and adds a much longer period of calm between the two big events, thus increasing the impact. AND ANOTHER BONUS. The long shot of the boat at the party (the one used TWICE in as Michael goes from Anthony's room to his, back to back.

WIN WIN

"Top of the world, ma!"

morrigan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have any specific reaction to your latest update, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your updates in general. I was interested in this edit based on the initial pitch, but you went above in beyond in letting us know what you were doing. The look into both your own process and to your overall understanding of film and especially editing is really insightful, and I appreciate you letting us in on it.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have any specific reaction to your latest update, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your updates in general. I was interested in this edit based on the initial pitch, but you went above in beyond in letting us know what you were doing. The look into both your own process and to your overall understanding of film and especially editing is really insightful, and I appreciate you letting us in on it.
Thanks for those generous words...I figured this was an easy edit, but it is far from that so I thought it would be interesting for me and all of you, to see what the issues are on a "simple" assembly. I have learnt so much from so many other editors in the 15 years since I joined this group, and I'm still learning from them. So I figure, SHARE THE JOY AND INSIGHTS! It makes everyone a better editor and viewer, and better viewers make for feedback which is, after all, our bread and butter.

See you on the next update!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE:

FILM 2

Current run time for FILM 2 is 5 hrs 25 min 50 secs (with both end credit rolls), the Intermission is placed at 2hrs 32 min (1 min earlier than FILM 1). This time will drop by a couple of mins when I create a consolidated credit. We are definitively looking at 10 hours plus abit for FILMS 1 and 2 combined.

There are a total of 8 transitions for FILM 2, the Hyman Roth cake continuity issue, the bridge to Part III and end credit roll left. 6 of the 8 transitions are now completed.

Today, I have been fine tuning the scene rejigging above.

Getting the music to transition appropriately has been a real big pain. I just was not happy with the timing. It is VERY close, but not good enough. There is a change of musical phrasing on both pieces (the one going into the transition and the one coming out). Switching cues at that point is ideal since the music is in the same key. They miss by about 2.5 secs, which creates a quite gap and that is with two small audio stretches. I couldn't change the visual action speed, since it would mean speeding it up, and that would look terrible. Trimming it is a real issue too, since both sections are made of long takes...so I have ended up going with the James Cameron "Frame F***ing"...taking out 3 frames from both ends of the 8 shots...this equals 2 sec (3x2x8) and is imperceptible. I just hate the idea of removing material when I am trying to make a "longest version". Another half second came from Michael coming thru the doorway, and a half sec more from trimming the longer boat shot (which is still longer than its shortest second use in all versions). So what was the overall impact of this resequencing?

Since yesterdays post might be a tad confusing, here are the scenes as they played out originally and re-arranged:

BEFORE:
MICHAEL CHECKS TIME
PENTANGELI DRINKS
KAY AND MICHAEL DANCE
*BOOM SCENE
*MICHEAL AND KAY BEDROOM INCIDENT
POST INCIDENT SCENE
MICHAEL AND TOM
MICHAEL VIISTS ANTHONY

Note that two major events above occur in consecutive scenes*

NEW SEQUENCING: Per SAGA and EPIC cuts (therefore not a change but a reconstruction that has been polished)
MICHAEL CHECKS TIME
*BOOM SCENE (more immediate to time checking)
PENTANGELI DRINKS (had time to get to table)
KAY AND MICHAEL DANCE (appears callous)
MICHAEL VIISTS ANTHONY (continuity of Michaels look and demeanor fixed)
*MICHEAL AND KAY BEDROOM INCIDENT (viewer is calmer due to gap)
POST INCIDENT SCENE
MICHAEL AND TOM

Note now that the major events* above have a significant gap, which is a good thing, and may have been one of the reasons that EPIC and SAGA have this sequencing albeit with a very clunky transition when Michael leaves Anthony's room.

So, what else was hard about this? Well, given that I chose to retain the audio from the Theatrical transition (which is just music for about 45 secs), and the scene segues originally to young Vito watching his son, the music was perfect for the mood. It is also an excellent musical throwback to Michael doing what his father did in FILM 1... The downside, is that there is no ambient audio. So I had to rebuild it all (see video for the clean NEW audio). To do that I sourced, a boat engine sound at night for the transition, a wooden door slowly closing (Michael enters room), slow footsteps on a carpet (as Michael walks across the room), the sound of a Jacket being taken off (which Michael does), the picking up of a sheet of paper (Anthony's drawing) and muffled night ambience sound. The last time I had to do this was for The Hobbit, where the opening scene of Bilbo Striking the match, walking down the hall and opening his book, needed all new sounds (from match strike, footsteps, getting the map, page turning, ink well and quill writing) due to a similar music issue. No-one who has viewed it has ever commented. Below is the comparison after the Michael piece plays. Note the sounds in the Michael piece are deliberately louder for demonstration and are appropriately adjusted in the final mix. I would point out, that each footstep is individually placed and the sound must be the left and right foot alternating. People do not walk symmetrically .... and any audio of walking will show you that. If you just used the sound of one footstep throughout, it sounds like a one legged pirate hopping across the room....The Hobbit was easier because the sound mix of the original was a modern mix, and dialogue was in the center channel and easily isolated from the music. With The Godfather the mix is blended, so impossible to it that way. I would add that the audio work of this type, stretching music, cannot be done well in most editing software. They lack the precision required for a clean result. I use a separate audio suite which does not introduce warble effects and other unwanted audio artefacts and issues (just a heads up for any newbies reading).

Finally on this scene of tortuous detail, I ended up swapping the two freed up establishing shots. The first was the boat, the second the dancers. The dancers is now used first, effectively swapping their order of appearance. The dancers are the break between the party and Michael entering Anthony's room. When he leaves we now get the boat, which is more sedate and indicative that the night is winding down (which is why it was used a second time in this spot in all versions; so I ended up putting it there, which also helped on the issue above. Having those appear the other way round gave the impression that the part was not winding down.

The final transitions to be tackled are the last and Michael's appearance before Congress which in all but one version, is missing the beginning of his audio due to a poor crossfade. One of the versions however DOES have the audio. More on that, once done. I should note, that the scene of Kay driving to the gates and being turned back by Tom (which is unique to the EPIC and in SD only) is dropped from FILM 2 and not FILM 1 as I previously stated.

"Films Are Not Released, They Escape"
(2002) Ben Burtt (Sound Mixing genius)

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PONDERINGS
I spent near on 3 days on this one section, probably 12/15 hours between sourcing sound elements, the edit, tests etc. You can certainly appreciate when editors and director's are on a release deadline how and why issues can remain in a movie when released. The best example that exists of this is Star Trek: The Motion Picture. This was released with an incomplete sound mix, with effects being dropped into the final print days before release. Timing was so tight that some of the 70 mm premier prints were still damp when they arrived at theatres and there was a fear they would tear going through the projectors. Fortunately, Robert Wise was able to complete the film when the so call Director's Cut was released to DVD, the biggest change IMO not being the effects that were completed and added but the vastly improved sound mix. You can Google about all this;
it is fascinating (pun intended).

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Video re-rendered with correct aspect ratios.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE:
Short 'n ' sweet

FILM 2 is near completed. Missing 3 lines of testimony dialogue reinstated using the McGurk effect and 3 long shots to better establish scene after crossfade through black. It was too jarring in all the other versions bar AMC, which went to an add break. All versions start at "Are you Michael Corleone..." in order to remove the crossfade from a different scene in Sicily. This now begins with " Can you speak up..." and repurposed shots. So this section is an HD first. End credit roll left, using same travelling crop matte technique.

AND A BEAUTIFUL SYMMETRY has emerged....
The Intervals in both films are placed almost exactly at the same point; 2hr33m and 2h 32m respectively. FILM 1 post interval opens with dialogue over black..."I believe in America" with FILM 2 post interval mirroring with dialogue over black..."Don Corleone, I need your help" . It does mean dropping the new establishing shot for the Vatican...I'm still thinking about it, and trying to retain it AND the black....not as easy as it sounds.

We then move into the original Part 3 release (not Coda) which was going to be the original the Godfather Part III release and color grade (not the modern look of Coda). However, when looking at shots say, like Miami in Part II and others, the Part III original Blu Ray is just too muted. It also suffers from a lack of fidelity in the detail which Parts 1 and II look far better, so I will NOT be inverting my La Fine edit. I will use it as is with just a change to the transition into it and the new credit roll at the end. The shots from Coda have been added back, and color graded to match. I have retained the subtitle replacement and enhancements made for La Fine edit, thus ALL subtitles across all 10 hours are consistent for the first time in the history of these movies. I have also retained the new establishing shots from La Fine and the extra dialogue between Michael and the Cardinal switching the shots from Coda to using the previous BD. This scene also now does occur at the beginning of this section per Coda, Coppola's and Puzo's original intentions. This section will be another HD first (not upscaled despite only source being SD).

"Never give up, never surrender!"

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the avoidance of doubt, all material that was removed from Coda, has been re-instated. The new ending in Coda and the removal of the opening montage in Coda were AWFUL errors of judgement. IMHO, they actually made Coda worse than Part III; The only improvement was moving the Vatican scene up and trimming Sofia's role.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BREAKING NEWS:

- FILM 2 is complete apart from the end credit roll.
- FILM 1 is rendered

On other loose ends; Hyman Roth cake scene. There was no issue. Transition to Part III, no issues. Final sound check, and foley balance, no issues.
Fonts, Opening titles and Captions, no issues.

Artwork to follow credit rolls.

The MP4 files are going to be circa 12gb, EACH!. They can thus be burnt to Blu Ray as a readable file. Most players will be able to play that if correctly burnt as a DATA DISK. I will also prepare 2 blu rays with a full 35 mbps stream MT2S file but they will be 50 GB each. This puppy ain't small!

Once the above are done, mid week I expect, I will do the full run time analysis of ALL version, and finally know how much longer (or not) this is overall and broken down by each film segment. I have an inkling, but will hold off until I can share the data; until I'm certain.

"you're either at the table, or on the menu"

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE:

FILM 2 end credits; still doing them.

"I've been here before..."

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE:

FILM 2 Completed! RT 5 hrs 22 min 04 sec. The drop is due to the end credit roll not being as long as the combined Part II and Part III rolls that were there as placeholders. As anticipated is >10hrs at 10hrs 02min 12 sec (602 mins). Run Time Analysis of all versions commenced. Results to follow.

FILM 2 end credit roll completed. 17 Travelling crop mattes were used. Fine tuning the end credit roll music also completed....I have some thoughts on end credit rolls I will drop in later.

Artwork next.

" I have nothing to say . . . "

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PONDERINGS:

Does anyone else get annoyed when end credits on television are sped up, truncated, or randomly chopped?

Do you get more annoyed when the music in the modified end credits just randomly fades out to the studio logo?

Some movie makers, INSIST on the full credits or tastefully adjusted.

Many fanedits present themselves with credit issues. Many, don't bother adjusting them for the reality of theri changes, others have gone to great lengths, remaking them for 100% accuracy.

I for one have committed some awful sins in this respect. My first public edit, X Men Requiem War and Trilogy, had parallel credit rolls sped up. A complete car crash. My Matrix edit at least had all the credits, but was sped up...not nice. By the time I did my unrealesed Superman edits, I cut and pasted the IMDB credits in my software and created a from scratch roll in the correct font. So I'm tryin to be true to the original and give accurate credits.

For the Godfather Chrono edits I have done, I was presented with an issue. The available fonts commercially just don't cut it. So I decided to go with the actual credit rolls, but modifying them to include the appropriate credits for each segment. So film one is made up of credits from Parts 1 and Part II plus the Coppola Restoration. Film 2 is made up of credits from Part II nad Part 3 and the Coda Version. I then did custom mixes of the music appropriate to Films 1 and 2 and only used music from the original credit rolls, in a new order. It would be silly to have the Jaunty Music of Young Vito and Clemenza stealing the carpet, which features in Part II play out in my Film 2. That sequence is in Film 1, so that is where that music appears. I had no need to add music to the credit rolls for wither movie, just a re-arranging to match the films and the run time of the credit rolls which in both cases, are custom made as I detailed earlier from the ACTUAL source movies NOT and of the Chrono edits. I did add a special touch to the credit roll for Film 2, which you can watch in due course.

So I am satisficed with the credit rolls, though there are some scrolling spped variations which I have tried to smooth out by cueing the secsion so they never overlap rather than adjusting the sppped to match...This creates an undesirable strobing.

I mention this to come full circle to where I just began...How nice it would be if cable and TV broadcasters took similar care rather than hack or speed up to insert another ad break. Filmmakers should be more insistent also (as some are) on how their movies are treated. The people who worked on these films, from several hundred to tens of thousands for some of the big blockbusters, deserve their day on screen. It would appear that the Screen Actors Guild might want to weigh in on this practice one day...but I suspect by then, everyone got paid, residuals flow regardless, so who GAF!

RANT ENDS.

Run Time analysis completed. I just need to figure out how to share the data so that it can be followed....and there is a lot to digest.

"adieu"

Last edited:
Top Bottom