• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The 50,000 Movie Challenge

My Live list is a gold mind of #'s If anyone can fill the empty spaces please let me Know. I Have been through Filmrating twice. I search the internet for any list out there. I can't seem to find any list with what I'm missing.. With less than 2,000 Holes to fill after 22,000 it's getting tough to fill empty space. The 30412-30550 Missing is going be the biggest hole to fill if it ever get's filled. It's a shame Filmrating won't include UR, NR Movies to the site or any movie assigned a #. Any movie that was assigned a # should be listed on that site regardless of rating. I've seen UR movie listed on Filmrating who ever maintains the site won't take the time to add them. It would help a lot. Anything with after 1980 we should be able to find. From 1968-1979 most if not all movie have the # located at the beginning of the movie and you do not pay attention you will miss it. 1980-Present the # is located the end of the Movie credits and lot the time are so small you can't even read them.

Thunderball 1965 is listed on Filmrating but their is not # listed. The # is located at the beginning of the Movie & is very small. Does anyone Have it.

Feel free to look at my live list & Please help me fill the missing spaces with movies that are not listed. I have been actually working on this list for more than 20 years. My list exploded in the Mid 2000's & once I discovered Filmrating it went from a few thousand to more than 40,000 #'s

I tried to get the # for Thunderball I have on my DVR it's still to small to read even HD. The # should start with a 1

I need someone to help me out Here. I want to create a link to each movie to AFI just I have with IMDB. Note: I found a list on the internet with links so I did not do that my self. I just don't how it was done. That is why their are 2 colmns with the movie title the second creates the link on the first one

I Want to change this link to a AFI Link The Link below is a link to IMDB. This is how it appears on my list. I want so the first one is a link to AFI

As of this week, the number of films approved/rated where the certificate numbers issued this year is 265. I'll post these numbers and titles if the weekly bulletins are too small (less than 9 films). I'll probably do this every week even within the period to keep track of the highest number because at the small rates, we won't see the films hitting the 53,000 mark by the end of the year.

I'm Making some changes to my live list. Now when click on a title. It will Bring you IMDB Pro The Next column will bring you to AFI movie Page of the title you click on. If you do not have IMDB Pro Let me Know & I'll tell you a secret. It will take some time to get it done but I'll get it done.

Movieman53000 said:
I'm In Arizona. So I'm Guessing the Bulletin should be up sometime Wednesday I Guess

Nope. The bulletin is up already. I'm in Ontario, Canada so I should be about 3 hours ahead of you in regards to timezones.

Movieman53000 said:
Did you ever clear up the 39360 10 movie duplicate list. I have very few Duplicates # after the mid 20000's

the list you posted should be easy to clear up on Filmrating

#39360 My Boss's Daughter is the only one I ever had with #

Seed of chucky is way of at #41209

Yes, I cleared it up as soon as I discovered filmratings.

Movieman53000 said:
Thunderball 1965 is listed on Filmrating but their is not # listed. The # is located at the beginning of the Movie & is very small. Does anyone Have it.

I tried to get the # for Thunderball I have on my DVR it's still to small to read even HD. The # should start with a 1

Sorry, I don't. I don't own that movie either so I can't check. Have you tried taking a screenshot and zooming in? That could be helpful.

Movieman53000 said:
I need someone to help me out Here. I want to create a link to each movie to AFI just I have with IMDB. Note: I found a list on the internet with links so I did not do that my self. I just don't how it was done. That is why their are 2 colmns with the movie title the second creates the link on the first one

Sorry, I don't use Excel so I have no idea how to do it either.

Movieman53000 said:
I'm Making some changes to my live list. Now when click on a title. It will Bring you IMDB Pro The Next column will bring you to AFI movie Page of the title you click on. If you do not have IMDB Pro Let me Know & I'll tell you a secret. It will take some time to get it done but I'll get it done.

Sorry, but I have my own list to compile and keep up-to-date. I don't have the time to help somebody else with their list as well.

New additions from this week's bulletin:

51298 American Dream

52620 Voyagers

52737 Tales From The Hood 3
52738 The Way I See It
52770 Hard Kill

52801 Tulsa
52813 Candyman
52815 Lost Girls And Love Hotels
52816 The Real Exorcist (English Dubbed)
52817 The Real Exorcist (Subtitled)
52819 Ema

I Have Created some special Listing on my live List. They will located at the top of the List. Just Click on the Year & Rating you want & it will bring you to that Years list of Movies & Certificate #'s. I stated with 1968 G, R, X , M. Their are No PG or PG-13 Ratings PG-13 did not appear until 1982. The Very First movie Rated PG-13 was Poltergeist

About the missing numbers, I can speculate that these missing ones can be found in films that are not rated, in other words, they're not on FilmRatings. Finding these could take a hardcore way to complete the list, particularly by searching through unfamiliar films and skip to the end credits and find a number, like we did before the numbers on that site went public.

CJ121997 said:
About the missing numbers, I can speculate that these missing ones can be found in films that are not rated, in other words, they're not on FilmRatings. Finding these could take a hardcore way to complete the list, particularly by searching through unfamiliar films and skip to the end credits and find a number, like we did before the numbers on that site went public.

With all the streaming services at our disposal it shouldn't be all that hard to at least fill in some gaps. The problem would be when it came to titles that aren't movies. Those are less likely to be found on streaming services and even less likely to contain a certificate number during the end credits.

Has anyone fully check AFI. I have direct links to each Years listings. Just click & you are their. From 1934-1968 AFI Has 13,489 Movie listings only a handful appear on filmrating Has Re-Issues. Their could be some hidden their. I Have only check 1934 so far. From 1968-2020 AFI well short compared to filmratings listings but you still possible find some.

Movieman53000 said:
Has anyone fully check AFI. I have direct links to each Years listings. Just click & you are their. From 1934-1968 AFI Has 13,489 Movie listings only a handful appear on filmrating Has Re-Issues. Their could be some hidden their. I Have only check 1934 so far. From 1968-2020 AFI well short compared to filmratings listings but you still possible find some.

I've only checked 1934 completely.

Found One

The Benefactor 2016 #49530 No # on AFI, Not Listed on FilmRatings, Found on TubiTV Rated TV-MA

MPAA Challenger said:
Like you and others, I've spent years delving into the numerous mysteries surrounding the MPA certificate numbers. Their own website is full of errors, duplicates and many, many omissions, and I know this because I've extracted every single number they have, combing their database through succesive thorough searches, year by year, from 1968 to the present.
This is what we're wondering. Some numbers on FilmRatings (MPA's site) have deficiencies (duplicates, omissions and discrepancies). Those weekly bulletins before late 2015 didn't have numbers on titles, resulted in several deficiencies on the list. In late 2015, starting with the 2396th weekly bulletin, the numbers started to include, so these deficiencies will be less noticed.

Movieman53000 said:
Found One

The Benefactor 2016 #49530 No # on AFI, Not Listed on FilmRatings, Found on TubiTV Rated TV-MA

Thanks. I find it very curious that certain movies are listed as Not Rated and yet they contain a certificate number during their end credits.

I have some more numbers for you. All from shorts.

803 Mary's Little Lamb (ComiColor short)

1408 Hollywood Capers (Looney Tunes short)
1704 Humpty Dumpty (ComiColor short)

2122 Westward Whoa (Looney Tunes short)

4995 Gold Rush Daze (Merrie Melodies short)

5035 Prest-O Change-O (Merrie Melodies short)

6341 Joe Glow The Firefly (Looney Tunes short)
6392 The Little Whirlwind (Mickey Mouse short)

7905 Foney Fables (Merrie Melodies short)

8106 Wacky Blackout (Looney Tunes short)
8360 A Tale Of Two Kitties (Merrie Melodies short)
8512 Fifth Column Mouse (Merrie Melodies short)
8685 Confusions Of A Nutzy Spy (Looney Tunes short)

10645 Jerky Turkey (short)

13140 Doggone Tired (short)

14601 Gift Wrapped (Merrie Melodies short)

15699 What Makes Us Tick (short)

IMDB has Jerky Turkey listed as 10649 but if you watch the short (it's on YouTube) you'll see that the number is actually 10645. There's also one short that I watched that I couldn't make out the number because it was way too small and the quality wasn't great. It's from 1949 and is called "Why Play Leap Frog". I checked the IMDB and they don't have a number for it.

I already most of those listed except 2 of them

#6392 Drum Up A Tenant (Short) Duplicate Make be you have a different # it

Movieman53000 said:
I already most of those listed except 2 of them

#6392 Drum Up A Tenant (Short) Duplicate Make be you have a different # it

The Little Whirldwind is #6392. Drum Up A Tenant is #06392. Drum Up A Tenant is from 1963 so there is no way that it could have been #6392.

I'm including a link to both videos so you can see for yourself.

[video=dailymotion]

I found an old one on TCM. I DVR'ed 2 movies

#none found A taste of Honey
#19766 Konga 1961 It was a little small but confident on the #

I have these set for DVR recording. If you have these let me know so I can cancel. I should get some of them. This could be a TCM Jackpot.

Bedazzled 1967
The Thin Man 1934
Enter Laughing 1967
Go Naked In the World 1961
Lola 1961
Sex Kittens Go To College 1960
Mission of Danger 1959
Fury River 1959
Kes 1969
The Giant Claw 1957
Ski Party 1965
Rookie of the Year 1955