Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Hopefully they understand that they need to wrap everything up and don't leave it open for a never-gonna-happen Season 7.
(05-15-2018, 10:29 AM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully they understand that they need to wrap everything up and don't leave it open for a never-gonna-happen Season 7.

I totally agree with this as I don't want it to end up like Agent Carter, where they left a pretty big cliffhanger at the end of the second season and then ABC cancelled it, resulting in a plot thread that will never get resolved.
As I understand it, things were so up in the air this season that they made two different cuts of the season finale - one to lead into a continuation, one to serve as a series finale.  I have no doubt that this will be their standard operating procedure going forward.
Interestingly, is sounds like season six will not premiere til August 2019, after INFINITY WAR 2.

This is a smart move.  It will allow the show to be ahead of the game for once, and be able to build a proper story out of the movie aftermath.
(05-15-2018, 06:29 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]Interestingly, is sounds like season six will not premiere til August 2019, after INFINITY WAR 2.

This is a smart move.  It will allow the show to be ahead of the game for once, and be able to build a proper story out of the movie aftermath.

It might be a scheduling thing, since Coulson is appearing in Captain Marvel (set in the 90s), he may finally reappear in the present day films. If he does appear in Infinity War 2/Avengers 4, the filming schedule for that plus a whole season of a show would be very tight.
A pitch perfect season five finale.

So perfect, I actually sort of wished it had not been renewed for season six.

Reminds me of on another little Whedon show, Buffy's season five finale was also stone cold perfection, but went on for two more lesser seasons.

I also loved that the producers chose to just ignore INFINITY WAR and told their own story in their own way.

10 out of 10 for me.  Big Grin
Here's a pleasant surprise!  The show has been renewed for a seventh season, before the sixth has even aired!

This is especially surprising to me - I feel like the show has been on the verge of cancellation since day one.  In the aftermath of the loss of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I kinda figured SHIELD was next on the chopping block.  This show has some serious longevity.  That's Star Trek: TNG parity.  I would have never imagined.
(11-16-2018, 06:22 PM)matrixgrindhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a pleasant surprise!  The show has been renewed for a seventh season, before the sixth has even aired!

This is especially surprising to me - I feel like the show has been on the verge of cancellation since day one.  In the aftermath of the loss of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I kinda figured SHIELD was next on the chopping block.  This show has some serious longevity.  That's Star Trek: TNG parity.  I would have never imagined.

Weird I was sure six was going to be their last. Not that I dislike the show. Maybe season 7 will get into the Snap/Infinity stuff?
6 won't air until after Avengers 4, so I expect all Thanos fallout to happen then, with 7 dealingwith whatever Phase 4 is about.
I'm surprised too. I assumed that the reduced episode order was an indication that this would be the last season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28