Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(06-29-2017, 02:13 PM)matrixgrindhouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it too late to resurrect the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff?

Game of Thrones... In Space! ... As Presented By Comic Con Cosplayers.
Confused
As soon as the trailer started with the single piano note and a shot of Earth from space, I knew I was in for a bounty of schlock.

I was not prepared... This television show is the reason "Best Costume/Set Design" awards are thing. This is aggressively bad mise-en-scene. It doesn't help that it's filmed in IMAX Digital, so the lazy design is exacerbated, when these super detailed cameras are shooting "Bland White Interiors" or "Bland City Scape" 

This is the first Marvel property I've thought "Skip" right from the off.

Oh... Scott Buck's running it? What a surprise.

(06-29-2017, 08:49 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]Game of Thrones... In Space! ... As Presented By Comic Con Cosplayers.
Confused

That's just insulting to cosplayers...
(06-30-2017, 08:16 AM)Zamros Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2017, 08:49 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]Game of Thrones... In Space! ... As Presented By Comic Con Cosplayers.
Confused

That's just insulting to cosplayers...

Honestly I don't think it's that far off.

(06-29-2017, 08:01 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2017, 02:13 PM)matrixgrindhouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it too late to resurrect the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff?

You know there may be problem when the most interesting character is a giant teleporting dog LOL Tongue

I'd watch for the giant teleporting dog (still better than anything in Iron Fist, which I actually stopped watching halfway through, which I never did before regarding Marvel).

What sucks is that the show does seem to want to be heavily involved in the space politics, whereas the most interesting story the trailer presents is that of a man lost in strange land, who can't talk to anyone because his voice has the power to destroy worlds. It reminds me a lot of the X-Men Evolution episode where Cyclops is stranded in the middle of nowhere without his visor or shades, and he needs to get back to civilization without his sight.

Also, while I'm mad Agent Carter was cancelled, I accept they dropped it because it happened in the past, so it makes it easier to let go. But this series? It seems very hard to ignore the fact that there's a secret society living inside the moon. Depending how this series does, I won't be surprised if SHIELD season 5's last arc involves going to the moon to deal with whatever it is The Superior has been up to, along with tying up loose ends this show has before it gets cancelled.
So... how about that Damage Control project?  Any chance of that being rushed to series?  Maybe it's not too late to uncancel Agent Carter...

Better trailer than the first. But still looks really bad. That's unfortunate.
Based on these trailers, I would happily trade the series' entire existence for a single AoS episode prominently featuring Tony or Cap.
I figure if we ever do get an Avenger (besides Phil) on the show, it'll either be Hawkeye or Quicksilver's rotting corpse - whichever has more charisma with the cast.
Looks like SHIELD will return immediately after Inhumans finishes up.
I tried.  I tried so hard to keep an open mind.  I made it 90 minutes into the two hour pilot before admitting defeat.  The Inhumans might just be the worst televised drama I've seen yet.  There was nothing, nothing at all that worked for me.  The acting and writing are just awful.  I take back everything I ever said about Finn Jones - give the man an Emmy compared to this sorry lot.  I couldn't sympathize with any of the characters - they're all flat and lifeless.  The closest one I came to liking is the designated villain - if only because his stated motivations seem more heroic than the actual supposed heroes.  The cinematography is, other than some IMAX-centric establishing shots, boring.  The action scenes do not excite.  The soundtrack, with its techno covers of rock classics just left me shaking my head.  The humor isn't funny, the drama is often comical.  One scene involving Medusa in peril left me in a state of hysterical laughter.  Nothing was handled right.  This is the first MCU project I'm going to skip out on.  I doubt it'll ever matter, save perhaps a mention on the coming SHIELD season that I won't care enough about to understand.  It really was dreadful.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28