Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(05-13-2017, 12:54 AM)matrixgrindhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Or, depending on how Homecoming turns out, something to do with Peter's SHIELD agent parents.  But that might be too much of a retread of The Amazing movies.  Hm. 

Or, depending on how The Defenders resolves... Hell's Kitchen arc!  The Hand joins forces with the remnants of Hydra (with both trying to usurp power from the other).  We'll never get an Avenger to cameo, but surely the Netflix heroes are easier to procure, right?  C'mon.  You know you want The Punisher to borrow Mac's Shotgun Axe...

I really just want Pwter's parents to be scientists independent of SHIELD who died in an accident. Them being secret agents never really gelled with the rest of his character.

As for next arcs, I would really like either AoS or the Defenders to face off against The Real Mandarin, since they established he exists and was then never brought up again.  Wink
(05-13-2017, 02:14 PM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]I really just want Peter's parents to be scientists independent of SHIELD who died in an accident. Them being secret agents never really gelled with the rest of his character.

As for next arcs, I would really like either AoS or the Defenders to face off against The Real Mandarin, since they established he exists and was then never brought up again.  Wink

I'd prefer no info at all on Peter's parents. Their existing outside of their coitus to produce Spidey is entirely unnecessary.

I'd love if Agents of SHIELD does a Secret Invasion arc, although I think the Skrulls are a part of the Fantastic Four rights so that might not be happening any time soon.
(05-14-2017, 10:20 AM)Zamros Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer no info at all on Peter's parents. Their existing outside of their coitus to produce Spidey is entirely unnecessary.

That's my view as well.
[Image: tumblr_m55pfm54011r13ra2.gif]
Finally all caught up. After the absolutely incredible penultimate episode, featuring the terrifying birth of a very angry child-like god, I'm afraid the finale itself was a bit of a letdown. Too much was crammed in too quickly; a two-part finale like S2 had would have been ideal. And in the end, Ophelia was taken down too quickly to really be effective; I wish her and Coulson's fight had ended somewhere more dramatic, like the side of a volcano or something, rather than returning to HQ to end up in a random hallway. (Maybe a budget thing?) I would also have liked a dash of visual weirdness for Radcliffe's final scene - like the sunset or even the sun itself degrading into pixelation and exposed code.

SHIELD being publicly reconstituted as an authorized agency was a surprise earlier this season, leading me to wonder if that meant agents would start appearing the movies again, but it looks as though that's being walked back.

All in all, however, another truly great (and arguably best-yet) season. I'm delighted that we're getting a fifth season, and a 22-ep one at that; I just hope the budget limitations don't show too obviously. What a show! Cool
(05-30-2017, 02:25 AM)Gaith Wrote: [ -> ]Finally all caught up. After the absolutely incredible penultimate episode, featuring the terrifying birth of a very angry child-like god, I'm afraid the finale itself was a bit of a letdown. Too much was crammed in too quickly; a two-part finale like S2 had would have been ideal. And in the end, Ophelia was taken down too quickly to really be effective; I wish her and Coulson's fight had ended somewhere more dramatic, like the side of a volcano or something, rather than returning to HQ to end up in a random hallway. (Maybe a budget thing?) I would also have liked a dash of visual weirdness for Radcliffe's final scene - like the sunset or even the sun itself degrading into pixelation and exposed code.

SHIELD being publicly reconstituted as an authorized agency was a surprise earlier this season, leading me to wonder if that meant agents would start appearing the movies again, but it looks as though that's being walked back.

All in all, however, another truly great (and arguably best-yet) season. I'm delighted that we're getting a fifth season, and a 22-ep one at that; I just hope the budget limitations don't show too obviously. What a show! Cool

I was hoping we'd finally get the Penance Stare from Ghost Rider. Ophelia wanted to feel, now she gets to feel all the pain she caused.

Agreed that the last episode was over with far too quickly, although I think Radcliffe's end was perfect. I hope they can magic up some bullshit to bring John Hannah back. I think there should have been an episode from the LMD arc removed and put into the Agents of Hydra arc, just to pad everything out better.

I'm pretty sure the movies are flat out ignoring the show at this point. Coulson was outed on live television, yet the Avengers say nothing? You'd think they'd care about the reason they assembled being alive again.

I think this season's budget was blown on the Ghost Rider transformations, and I'm glad it was, those scenes were glorious.

Agreed that this was their best season yet. Breaking the seasons up into pods makes a lot of sense, allowing the pacing to be much faster and let them tell much grander stories. Here's hoping they tell many more. #sixseasonsandamovie
Re: The Avengers

Captain America 3: Civil War spoiler:

Most of them are underground or off world, and the other few from the first film signed the Accords. I think none of them are making public appearances as Avengers at the moment.
Eh, I'm not hugely invested in the Avengers' reactions to Phil being back. Sure, it'd be great to see, and I still hope for at least one big-name cameo apart from Fury before the series ends, but it's not as though discovering he was resurrected would likely throw them off their years-long life paths at this point.

And I'm pretty well reconciled at this point to the reality that the movies and show will never significantly interact. (As for the Netflix shows, I'm really past caring about them at all.) My only concern at this point is that they don't wildly contradict each other, and having SHIELD be publicly reconstituted in the show yet completely absent from the movies would be weird... though I'm sure us fans would find ways to justify such moments. It's kinda what we do, after all. :p

And as much as I love John Hannah and his Radcliffe, I don't want him resurrected; let's move on to new great characters. Hell, my man Brendan Fraser might not be above taking a modest AoS check at this point...

Is it too late to resurrect the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff?
(06-29-2017, 02:13 PM)matrixgrindhouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it too late to resurrect the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff?

You know there may be problem when the most interesting character is a giant teleporting dog LOL Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28