Fanedit Forums

Full Version: New Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Frantic Canadian Wrote:No offense taken. I don't even watch Canadian tv. From what I've seen it pretty much all sucks, but so does a lot of tv these.

oh but I must disagree with my Canuck brother...

There is lots of good Canadian TV out there, both past and present....
CONTINUUM is decent
FLASHPOINT is a very solid cop show
MURDOCK MYSTERIES is very well written show
DURHAM COUNTY
ARCTIC AIR
SAVING HOPE
HEARTLAND
ROOKIE BLUE
THE BRIDGE
TOM STONE
DEGRASS JUNIOR HIGH
ROAD TO AVONLEA
FOREVER KNIGHT
STREET LEGAL
BEACHCOMBERS
KIDS IN THE HALL
DUE SOUTH
SLINGS AND ARROWS
BEING ERICA
LITTLE MOSQUE ON THE PRAIRIE
MADE IN CANADA
DA VINCI'S INQUEST
NORTH OF 60
TRAILER PARK BOYS
LITTLEST HOBO
MR. DRESS UP
THE NEWSROOM
KENNY VS. SPENNY
CORNER GAS was hilarious but now gone
SANTUARY was great
STARGATE SG-1, ATLANTIS (...well I consider it Canadian... mostly Canuck casting, Canuck location and crew... lol)
ANDROMEDA
EARTH FINAL CONFLICT
LA FEMME NIKITA
and PRIMEVAL NEW WORLD coming soon-ish Big Grin

:canada:
bionicbob Wrote:CONTINUUM is decent

Up until today I thought that was a Stargate Atlantis spin-off. Looking at the synopsis though it kinda sounds like the show Timecop.

bionicbob Wrote:FLASHPOINT is a very solid cop show

I've never had any interest in this show. Plus living in Ottawa all but one or two of our Canadian channels are from the Toronto affiliate so I pretty much hate Toronto based on how much it gets jammed down our throats here.

bionicbob Wrote:MURDOCK MYSTERIES is very well written show

I've never heard of this one, but looking at the synopsis I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I'm a big fan of forensics, but not of the Victorian age.

bionicbob Wrote:DURHAM COUNTY

This show never appealed to me.

bionicbob Wrote:ARCTIC AIR
SAVING HOPE
HEARTLAND

Never heard of these. But looking at their synopses none of them interest me either.

bionicbob Wrote:ROOKIE BLUE
THE BRIDGE
TOM STONE

Cop shows. Alright. Might be good.

bionicbob Wrote:DEGRASS JUNIOR HIGH

I used to watch the Degrassi shows when I was younger.

bionicbob Wrote:ROAD TO AVONLEA

Absolutely no interest in this show.

bionicbob Wrote:FOREVER KNIGHT

Not a fan of vampires.

bionicbob Wrote:STREET LEGAL

The name sounds familiar but I've never seen it.

bionicbob Wrote:BEACHCOMBERS

I used to watch this as a kid.

bionicbob Wrote:KIDS IN THE HALL

I do enjoy The Kids In The Hall.

bionicbob Wrote:DUE SOUTH

Never appealed to me.

bionicbob Wrote:SLINGS AND ARROWS

Sounds absolutely boring.

bionicbob Wrote:BEING ERICA
LITTLE MOSQUE ON THE PRAIRIE

I've never seen Being Erica, but I've caught bits and pieces of Little Mosque On The Prairie.

bionicbob Wrote:MADE IN CANADA

Heard of it but never seen it.

bionicbob Wrote:DA VINCI'S INQUEST

Probably the only show on this list, of shows I haven't seen, that I could consider watching.

bionicbob Wrote:NORTH OF 60

No interest.

bionicbob Wrote:TRAILER PARK BOYS

I cannot stand this show. I tried watching the first season but found it so damn stupid, and Ricky annoys the hell out of me.

bionicbob Wrote:LITTLEST HOBO
MR. DRESS UP

Watched these as a kid.

bionicbob Wrote:THE NEWSROOM

Never interested me.

bionicbob Wrote:KENNY VS. SPENNY

You're kidding, right? A show about two idiots trying to outprank each other? Cannot stand this show.

bionicbob Wrote:CORNER GAS was hilarious but now gone

I'll occasionally watch this one when there's nothing else on.

bionicbob Wrote:SANTUARY was great
STARGATE SG-1, ATLANTIS (...well I consider it Canadian... mostly Canuck casting, Canuck location and crew... lol)

and PRIMEVAL NEW WORLD coming soon-ish Big Grin

I'm not a big fan of sci-fi. And Sanctuary was only filmed in Canada but aired on SyFy.
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!!

The new series premiere was on yesterday here.

Had no intention of watching it, but my daughter was flipping channels and stopped on it and started asking me questions about it as she had never heard of it before.... I must educate my kid better... LOL!

Anyway, we ended up watching the entire one hour premiere, and surprisingly it was very, very funny and cleverly animated. If you are a Turtles fan, I think you will be happily surprised. Smile
Quote:[INDENT]I'm not a big fan of sci-fi. And Sanctuary was only filmed in Canada but aired on SyFy.[/INDENT]

Me HUGE sci-fi nerd!

And Santuary did air here on the SPACE Channel and it was pretty much made by the crew behind Stargate.
bionicbob Wrote:TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!!

The new series premiere was on yesterday here.

Had no intention of watching it, but my daughter was flipping channels and stopped on it and started asking me questions about it as she had never heard of it before.... I must educate my kid better... LOL!

Anyway, we ended up watching the entire one hour premiere, and surprisingly it was very, very funny and cleverly animated. If you are a Turtles fan, I think you will be happily surprised. Smile

They're still on? Is it actual animation, or that crap they used in the TMNT movie?

bionicbob Wrote:Me HUGE sci-fi nerd!

And Santuary did air here on the SPACE Channel and it was pretty much made by the crew behind Stargate.

Yeah, but the originating network was SyFy which is why I mentioned it. I don't think SPACE has any original programming, not of the kind we're talking about anyways.
Quote:They're still on? Is it actual animation, or that crap they used in the TMNT movie?

It is a bizarre blend of CGI and hand animation.... very unique I thought... though I don't watch too much animation anymore to compare it to anything else on tv...?

Quote:Yeah, but the originating network was SyFy which is why I mentioned it. I don't think SPACE has any original programming, not of the kind we're talking about anyways.

True. But these shows are made with partial Canadian Government funding, use Canadian crews, locations and actors, so.... :canada:

SPACE is very slowly creating their own content.

I believe TODD AND THE BOOK OF EVIL was a Space show?

The upcoming PRIMEVAL NEW WORLD is definitely a SPACE program. Smile

bionicbob Wrote:It is a bizarre blend of CGI and hand animation.... very unique I thought... though I don't watch too much animation anymore to compare it to anything else on tv...?

I just took a look at the trailer and I hate the animation. It looks like the cgi was half finished. It just comes across, to me anyways, as very sloppy and lazy.

bionicbob Wrote:I believe TODD AND THE BOOK OF EVIL was a Space show?

You're right. I just looked it up and it is in fact a SPACE original.
I refuse to call SciFi by that other stupid name.
I watched Sanctuary - which had it's cool moments, but was never a great show and yes, SG1, Atlantis and Universe were completely watched - but I have to say, never watched any of the other shows listed above, except Todd.

I will be watching Primeval. Big Grin
TV's Frink Wrote:I refuse to call SciFi by that other stupid name.
I disagree. I don't think Syfy deserves its original name.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34