Fanedit Forums

Full Version: New Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(09-19-2019, 09:41 AM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]With their latest price jump, I am pretty I will be dropping Netflix in favour of Disney Plus.

Yeah this is where I'm at too. Especially with a young child, but also for myself, I think my house will get more value from the Disney service (and we'll probably keep Amazon Prime since we use Amazon for a lot of other things and their platform now seems closer to what I previously enjoyed from Netflix).
I have no idea when Disney+ will drop in Germany. But I still consistently find good stuff to watch on Netflix. I recently finished the second season of Mindhunter and started the next (is it 2 or 3!?) season of Casa de Papel (I refuse to call it by its idiotic English title).
(09-19-2019, 10:40 AM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]^^ Their decision to call the show "I-Land" should have been warning enough Big Grin .

(09-19-2019, 09:41 AM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty I will be dropping Netflix in favour of Disney Plus.

I get it, Disney+ is only for the beautiful people.
Bwah ha ha ha!
My typing fingers fail me again!! Lol
Anybody seen Undone? Rosa Salazar (Alita) in another motion capture performance, though this one is more akin to A Scanner Darkly. I've watched two episodes, it's intriguing so far.

Here's the trailer:
(09-19-2019, 11:37 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea when Disney+ will drop in Germany. But I still consistently find good stuff to watch on Netflix. I recently finished the second season of Mindhunter and started the next (is it 2 or 3!?) season of Casa de Papel (I refuse to call it by its idiotic English title).
And Peaky Blinders is back in a few weeks.
(09-19-2019, 11:37 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: [ -> ]Casa de Papel (I refuse to call it by its idiotic English title).

"Pope in da House"?
(09-20-2019, 11:39 AM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2019, 11:37 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: [ -> ]Casa de Papel (I refuse to call it by its idiotic English title).

"Pope in da House"?

Sadly, that would be less idiotic.
(03-08-2019, 01:07 PM)Sinbad Wrote: [ -> ]Ok not a new show but a new season. Seems to have followed the first really quick, the debut season was surprisingly great hopefully they can keep the quality up.

Season One and Two being released on DVD on November 12th!!!

https://www.amazon.ca/Cobra-Kai-Season-0...dvd&sr=1-4
(09-19-2019, 10:36 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody seen Undone? Rosa Salazar (Alita) in another motion capture performance, though this one is more akin to A Scanner Darkly. I've watched two episodes, it's intriguing so far.

Here's the trailer:

I got the first two episodes in before I had to let my Amazon Prime subscription lapse temporarily, but I really liked what I've seen so far. Had no idea it was Rosa Salazar, I enjoyed her performance in Alita and I really liked what I've seen from her in Undone so far. And, as always, Bob Odenkirk is great.

Looking forward to watching the rest when I reup Prime in a couple weeks.
Watched several new show pilots this week....

PRODIGAL SON.... another super genius police consultant procedural... sigh...  This time they try to give it a sexy fresh spin with the consultant being the son of a serial killer and maybe slightly sociopathic himself.  It was okay.  You see elements/tropes of various other similar shows, so it plays familiar and comfortable, but not very exciting.  C+.

EMERGENCE.... I loved Allison Tolman on FARGO, so she was the main draw for me.  And as expected she was excellent.  The mystery child goes from helpless sweet to disturbingly spooky with ease.  In fact, the whole cast is very good.  The sci-fi tropes feel a bit familiar, but the production was entertaining enough that I will check out a few more to see where things go.  B-.

EVIL... Better than I expected.  Not just another X-Files.  Some nice network level horror.  The concept is intriguing.  The characters are well fleshed out for a pilot.  Mike Colter oozes charisma.  Solid first episode.  B+.

STUMPTOWN...  Colbie Smuthers rocks it as the PSD suffering, alcoholic and gambler, never back down Dex Parious.  Great show!  Smart writing.  Complex characters.  Fun editing.  It's been a long time since there has been a great Private Eye show on tv, but I think it may have finally arrived.  Best show of the week for me.  A .

Also watched the season premiere of THE GOLDBERGS.... sigh... I remember when this show used to make be howl with laughter.  But the formula has become predictable and stale.  A few smile and giggles but the show has seen better, funnier days.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34