Fanedit Forums

Full Version: New Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
The best, most epic television sci-fi series since Babylon 5 soon returns....

Seriously people, if you still have not watched this series yet, you are depriving yourself of an incredible science fiction experience.
(07-22-2019, 07:46 PM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]The best, most epic television sci-fi series since Babylon 5 soon returns....

Seriously people, if you still have not watched this series yet, you are depriving yourself of an incredible science fiction experience.

I agree, it's become one of my favourite TV shows of all time. 

Speaking of Amazon Prime, Good Omens was recently released on it and it was pretty good. 

Another Neil Gaiman adaptation on Prime is American Gods. Season 1 is amazing, season 2... not so much. While it's not terrible, it's definitely a stet-down from season 1.
ANOTHER LIFE (2019 on Netflix)

Pure crap.   The biggest, most important moment in human civilization and THIS is the crew you assemble for first contact?  Whiney, self involved, unheroic pretty 20 somethings.  Not even the always charismatic Sackoff can save this sinking ship.   Don't waste your time.  Painfully terrible.

PANDORA (2019 on the CW)

Cheap, teeny bopper, formulaic....  this one might improve with time...?  The cast is likeable, though the writing is very awkward and unoriginal.  The show is loaded with CGI and green screen but it still looks incredibly low budget.  Two episodes and I am done.  Meh.

When you watch two such poorly made shows in a row, it makes you appreciated the few good, fun, gems that are out there even more.   Back to watching KILLJOYS and 5 months til the return of THE EXPANSE!!!!
JETT (Cinemax)

Part Tarantino, part Soderbergh, part Leonard... a stylized, pulpy, smart crime action drama with lots of wonderful snappy dialogue.  Carla Gugino steals every moment she is on screen.  She drives this caper and any time she is off screen the show drags.  Being a Cinemax show, there is lots of unnecessary graphic nudity and sex.  But otherwise, a great 70s style gangster show.  Recommended!!!  Big Grin
After two brief seasons, KRYPTON has been cancelled by Syfy.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f...fy-1232498

Things this show did amazingly right -- the Villains.  Zod.  Doomsday.  Brainiac.  Best onscreen portrayals EVER.

But in the end, the show was pointless.  It is all Time Travel/Alternate Reality.   The stakes are empty because you know it will resolved.  And if they aren't, then it is not truly a show about Superman's birth world.  So it is show you have to ask, why even bother investing yourself?  And it sounds like season three was going to be more of the same.  Such a wasted opportunity. Sad
Watched PENNYWORTH...

The story of future Batman butler, Alfred Pennyworth.  Created by Bruno Heller.
A Batman prequel in the same sense that creator Bruno Heller's bonkers GOTHAM was a prequel.

It is stylish and slick, set in an unspecified 1960s alternate history with some smart editing and good performances.
Jack Bannon is engaging as Alfred.  He has the comic book physicality (tall and slender) with the voice of Michael Caine.

If you are a long time Batman fan, this show will give you the same frustrations that Gotham did... the reinterpretation of some characters (especially Thomas and Martha Wayne) may annoy you.

If the characters all had different names with no connection to the Batman myths, this would be a crackerjack fun conspiracy spy thriller with shades of the old Avengers tv series.   But as a Batman prequel....?
I guess if you enjoyed Gotham, you will love this too.
[Image: TH-New-Web.jpg?resize=850%2C491&ssl=1]
Quote:Anderson Entertainment and Tiny Giants to redevelop British children’s sci-fi series.

The 1983 series, Terrahawks – originally co-created by Gerry Anderson, the man behind Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Space:1999 – is to be reimagined for a 21st century audience, more than 30 years after its original run ended.

The original series revolved around the adventures of a task force responsible for protecting Earth against an invasion by a group of extraterrestrial androids and aliens led by Zelda.

The new show – which is being developed by Anderson Entertainment and Tiny Giants – centres around Kate Kestrel as she rises through the ranks of the Terrahawks organisation and defends the Earth from alien invasion, while uncovering secrets about her family’s dark past.

“Terrahawks has always been one of my favourite Gerry Anderson series, and has an obsessive and dedicated cult following, with Zelda being one of the most regularly mentioned 80s kids TV characters online,” said Jamie Anderson, md of Anderson Entertainment. “I’m thrilled to be working with Tiny Giants on reimagining the series to entertain, inspire and excite a whole new generation, as the original series did over three decades ago.”

Stu Gamble, ceo and founder of Tiny Giants, added: “When I was a kid, Zelda scared the living daylights out of me.

“We can’t wait to work with the legacy and heritage of the world co-created by Gerry Anderson in bringing Terrahawks to a brand new audience with deep, rich characters and world building that can pull you in and not let you go.”

The classic Terrahawks series was recently remastered in high definition by Network Distributing which manages worldwide distribution. Classic series licensing is managed by Larkshead Media.

https://www.licensingsource.net/terrahaw...ack-to-tv/
THE I-LAND (Netflix 2019)

Terrible.  Another Netflix Original complete mess.  Basically a rip-off of LOST, but filled with unbelievably unrealistic characters.  This is just soooo bad!  Watched one and half episodes.... but then I realized torture is illegal.

Like so many of Netflix Original shows, it plays a like a good concept that is rushed into production without script rewrites or polishing and then filtered through a lowest common dominator committee to try to reach the broadest audience.   This shotgun approach may be Netflix's eventual undoing as more and more streaming services launch.  They need to focus more on quality instead of quantity.  With their latest price jump, I am pretty I will be dropping Netflix in favour of Disney Plus.
^I could only watch 5 minutes.
^^ Their decision to call the show "I-Land" should have been warning enough Big Grin .

(09-19-2019, 09:41 AM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty I will be dropping Netflix in favour of Disney Plus.

I get it, Disney+ is only for the beautiful people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34