Fanedit Forums

Full Version: New Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(10-03-2017, 10:25 AM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]THE GIFTED on FOX

A solid premiere episode!   From the producers of the X-Men movies, the pilot was directed by Bryan Singer, it follows the Strucker family when they have to go on the run after discovering the two children are mutants.

Set in a world where the X-Men and Brotherhood are missing, the Struckers turn to the Mutant Underground for help, which is populated by many X-Men characters such as Polaris, Warpath (or is it Thunderbird?) and Blink.

There is even a Stan Lee cameo!

The cast is strong.  I will watch Amy Acker in anything. LOVE.  lol.

A really entertaining opening and I look forward to seeing what shape the series will take.

when i watched the pilot it made me think of the show "heroes" the similarities were a agent working on hunting down mutants/people with abilites finds out his family is also hiding that they have powers and decides to go on the run with them and help them escape.i mean the rest of the series might differ but thats the first think i thought watching the premiere.i know it was two kids and two parents this time but if the formula works why not use it.(worked for heroes for 5 years/seasons)
They were talking about this new series 'Mindhunter' on the Radio today and were very enthusiastic about the episodes they had previewed. Produced by David Fincher and sounding like a sort of prequel to 'Silence of the Lambs'. Then I look it up and find it's written by Joe Penhall, whose last TV show was 2009's 'Moses Jones'. One of the best bits of TV of the last decade IMO, I even did a fanedit of it.

Netflix are starting 'Mindhunter' on October 13th, I can't wait.

Really enjoying The Orville. It feels a bit like Star Trek TOS written by a toned down, muted Zucker, Zucker & Abrahams.
Yep, 'Mindhunter' was the best TV show all year. Holt McCallany is so good as Bill Tench (the Watson, to this shows Holmes) that he needs to be cast in every show and film from this point on.

[Image: 27-holt-mccallany-mindhunter.w710.h473.jpg]

It finishes pretty open ended which would be frustrating if a 2nd season wasn't already confirmed.

A person on youtube put together this comparison clip...

...which explains why the interviews sounded so chilling and convincing

Students don't usually like having to go to school under normal circumstances, so imagine how the students at Kent High School feel considering what's happening to them. While the teens are attending Saturday detention at the school, a chemical plant meltdown causes an explosion of their small town. They survive but are now trapped inside the educational institution -- and they are not alone. Predatory mutant freaks have taken over the school and town, leading to a battle between them and the students. Escape is not an option because venturing outside into the dangerous unknown presents its own life-and-death stakes for the teenagers.

season two has just aired and carries on directly from where the first season lets off no time lapse.
A surprisingly  enjoyable series much better than the previously aired "the mist" series,the character are more relatable,and the story is simple and to the point,as the season goes on mistrust develops in the close quarters and secrets are spilled and people true intentions bubble to the surface.With food and water running out the students must risk venturing outside.
Just started The Punisher. It seems to have a painfully slow intro with some pretty on-the-nose expository dialogue and some annoying characters and tropes. However, most of these problems tend to be confined (so far) to scenes that Frank Castle isn't in.

I'll try binge watch it as fast as I can, but these bloody cop characters feel like they're from a whole other show.

this was an enjoyable comedy ,lots of movie and geek references,the 13 episodes flew by
(11-17-2017, 09:07 PM)Zamros Wrote: [ -> ]Just started The Punisher. It seems to have a painfully slow intro with some pretty on-the-nose expository dialogue and some annoying characters and tropes. However, most of these problems tend to be confined (so far) to scenes that Frank Castle isn't in.

I'll try binge watch it as fast as I can, but these bloody cop characters feel like they're from a whole other show.

Watching this too I really enjoyed the first episode, I love the revenge genre though and all the cliches that go with it.  I'm also halfway through 'The Sinner' started well but starting to feel rather padded out and considering its only eight 45min episodes thats not really a good sign.

marvels the runaways
Can't imagine much being done with The Punisher. The interesting elements of his character were already explored in Daredevil.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34