Fanedit Forums

Full Version: New Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Nope: Gotham and Constantine are both no-gos until the reviews turn amazing. Not holding my breath. :-P
I thought you were just listing current comic book TV shows, not ones you were watching. Gotham is really good, you should give it a chance.
Constantine was OK.
Watched the second episode of CONSTANTINE and I think it will be my last. It's not a bad show, but it's not great either. Sat through it and just did not care about the characters or the plot... just ho hum meh.... if you want something similar, Sleepy Hollow is far slicker, scarier and more entertaining.
bionicbob Wrote:Watched the second episode of CONSTANTINE and I think it will be my last. It's not a bad show, but it's not great either. Sat through it and just did not care about the characters or the plot... just ho hum meh.... if you want something similar, Sleepy Hollow is far slicker, scarier and more entertaining.

Sleepy Hollow is funny, which Constantine is not.
I get that it's a comics thing, but his tie just makes him look like a clown - it's a proper knot, but way out of place. Who does that? And if there's a practical reason behind it, like preventing demons from choking him or something, why wear a tie at all? I mean, if he only loosened it at night, that might work. But in full daylight? Huh?

[Image: normal_scnet_constantine1x03still_007.jpg]
Netflick's new epic MARCO POLO (10 episodes) premiered this past weekend. I am on episode 6 and I am thoroughly enjoying the series so far. Amazing cast, beautiful cinematography, costumes and set design... tons of court intrigue and some cool kung fu too!
Historically accurate? shrug....:-P but solid entertainment! :thumb:

^ Was surprised to see this was renewed for a second season, what with the blah critic reviews and mammoth budget. Not gonna lie, I myself am not intrigued.
^^ Damn that looks amazing, wish I still had Netflix. Yay it stars Comic-Actor Benedict Wong...

Man Seeking Woman (FXX)

I am liking this new program. (That's Bill Hader as AH.) I mean, not one but two mentions of Carnivàle in the first five minutes... it's practically daring me not to like it. It's sort of like a late-20s version of Louie, but without the standup and with just about ever scene having several totally surreal moments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34