Fanedit Forums

Full Version: New Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
THE LAST SHIP

So I just watched the pilot, and I have to admit I really enjoyed it. Yeah, it's loaded with Michael Bay-isms, but I think in this case it works to the shows advantage. It definitely feels very epic in scope, which a story like this needs, and for most tv budgets very hard to achieve. I am definitely looking forward to the next couple episodes to see what direction the show takes. Hopefully it fares better than The Last Resort.
As I may be headed to a similarly-sized ship next year, I also watched and enjoyed the pilot, even though it's bursting with plot holes, logical inconsistencies, and sailors saluting while uncovered (not wearing headgear) (which: no). It'll be interesting to see what kind of momentum they can maintain at such a brisk pace...
What I would love to see is the show turn into an Empire Building series. Resolve the virus cure plot line in the first season and then move on to a post-apocalyptic rebuilding of civilization, with the ship as the last light of democracy with the barbarians storming the gates. I mean, over half the world is dead and in anarchy, even if they find a cure, it is not going to be the same world as before, and I think that could lead some to some intriguing, action-filled, epic storylines.
Hadn't even heard of this until [MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION] mentioned it here. (Thanks for that, by the way.) Really enjoyed it. Definitely has a Michael Bay vibe only not as campy. Not sure they can keep the frenetic pace though. I really hope it doesn't fall into the trap The Last Resort did, where the pilot was outstanding and every subsequent episode devolved into shit.
Q2 Wrote:I really hope it doesn't fall into the trap The Last Resort did, where the pilot was outstanding and every subsequent episode devolved into shit.

That describes most every new action/supernatural/sci-fi/cop/thriller TV show I've seen the past several years.
Well, that second ep was pretty dang solid...
Gaith Wrote:Well, that second ep was pretty dang solid...

I concur.
Thank God, there are no zombies yet.
I'm hoping Extant is good. That starts in a couple weeks.
Vultural Wrote:Thank God, there are no zombies yet.
I can't tell if the overpopulation of zombies have finally put me in a Stockholm Syndrome, or if that would be a legitimately cool season finale cliffhanger twist. :-P
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34