Fanedit Forums

Full Version: New Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Well the 2013 Network season is upon us....

Watched the first two episodes of SLEEPY HOLLOW. It is a fun show though so far very formula in structure. Thought it was clever casting Clancy Brown as the beheaded Sheriff considering his Highlander connection. Though it appears in the afterlife ghosts are able to shave their beards. LOL.

The BLACKLIST with James Spader I found extremely engaging and I am very curious where the series will go!

HOSTAGES.... meh!

Tonight.... AGENTS OF SHIELD!!!! YAY!
Have The Blacklist Tivo'd. Same with Agents of SHIELD... that's Tivoing tonight. I'll have to catch up later this week. Also need to finish up the last three episodes of Dexter.
The Blacklist was really good, yes. Masters Of Sex was another great pilot, very funny and great cast.
Watched the pilot for "Dads" and it was bad good. Unfunny racism, tired sitcom cliches and annoying characters. But I do like the actors and there were some good bits so I'll keep watching for now.
Neglify Wrote:Watched the pilot for "Dads" and it was bad good. Unfunny racism, tired sitcom cliches and annoying characters. But I do like the actors and there were some good bits so I'll keep watching for now.

I've been meaning to check that one out. I like Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi, and Brenda Song is pretty hot. The only new shows I've checked out are "Mom", definitely should be cancelled, "The Millers", wouldn't be so bad if the father wasn't a complete idiot and the mother wasn't such an overbearing and annoying woman, and "The Crazy Ones", it's okay but I feel I'm only tuning in because of Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Watched the pilot for "The Goldbergs". Good show, I like the actors, love the premise, some good jokes, pretty standard TV fare. I'll watch more.
Neglify Wrote:Watched the pilot for "Dads" and it was bad good. Unfunny racism, tired sitcom cliches and annoying characters. But I do like the actors and there were some good bits so I'll keep watching for now.

Watched the first 4 episodes, pretty dumb show but it makes me laugh. 11 Points summed it up nicely, "Cast probably assumed quick paycheck, cancellation; now panicking, stuck after pickup."
I had one of those "I think I may be too big a nerd" moments tonight. I was innocently watching episode 3 of The Goldbergs, wherein Adam sees The Poltergeist for the first time in theaters. A couple scenes later he's wearing a Top Gun t-shirt and has a Ghostbusters poster on his wall. Evening ruined.

This is a really good show so far. Has potential to be "this" generation's Wonder Years maybe, if they cut back on the wackiness.
The new show with Karl Urban, Almost Human, looks interesting. Though I was initially only interested because of my own misconception that the show was some kind of full-blown modernized re-imagining of the premise of the film 'Not Quite Human' until I looked up 'The Boy Who Could Fly' and its main actor, Jay Underwood, on wikipedia and realized the title is not the same. They are close, and you know JJ Abrams and nostalgia/remakes.

Whatever, Karl Urban is in it, can't be bad.
Neglify Wrote:I had one of those "I think I may be too big a nerd" moments tonight. I was innocently watching episode 3 of The Goldbergs, wherein Adam sees The Poltergeist for the first time in theaters. A couple scenes later he's wearing a Top Gun t-shirt and has a Ghostbusters poster on his wall. Evening ruined.

This is a really good show so far. Has potential to be "this" generation's Wonder Years maybe, if they cut back on the wackiness.

Silly funny, lots of nostalgia but no where close to the quality of THE WONDER YEARS.

The Wonder Years was pretty much perfect from the pilot to the final episode. Recently rewatched on Netflix with my 13 year old daughter, it made her laugh and cry and she really has no knowledge of that time period. The show still resonates emotionally and dramatically, regardless of your background. This is my dream dvd buy show, though I doubt they will ever clear all the music rights issues.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34