Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-20-2018, 01:45 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]

Let's see... awful music, an aspect ratio trying to make this look like a movie and some very clunky exposition dialogue, I think it's time to for me to give up TV Doctor Who and stay in the wonderful world of the Big Finish audios.
(09-20-2018, 01:45 PM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]

Awesome. Doctor Who changes a lot, but it never really changes. This still feels like my show. What do we have left, a month? Can't wait.

Dialogue in a trailer is like plot in a VFX reel. You're seeing selected pieces. It's not an accurate representation of the whole. And in this case, the target audience for the trailer is the mainstream audience with no idea what Doctor Who is.

I don't think the music is bad. It's not for me, and it doesn't fit the trailer, but it's unlikely to be in the actual show so Eh.
As a fellow Northerner, the new Doctor dramatically stating "Let's get a shift on!" makes me smile Big Grin   . FX shots are looking pretty slick.
This looks great. The music was lame, and I wish movies and shows would stop trying to force pop songs on trailers, but the feel of the show seems great. I'm excited.
ThrowgnCpr Wrote:This looks great. The music was lame, and I wish movies and shows would stop trying to force pop songs on trailers, but the feel of the show seems great. I'm excited.

You would think they would have learned from the bad reaction to the music that CBS just used in the Discovery trailer a few weeks ago.
Someone fanedited it to get rid of the pop song.

(09-23-2018, 06:54 PM)addiesin Wrote: [ -> ]Someone fanedited it to get rid of the pop song.

It's a bit better, but I still think it was a bad idea to get Chris Chibnall to be showrunner. Why? Because he has written some awful DW episodes (e.g. the Power of Three), but he also wrote 2 of the worst Torchwood episodes of all time (Cyberwoman and End of Days).
The trailer is much improved by removing the music.
I'm hoping Chibnall's run as show runner is more like Broadchurch and less like his previous work on Doctor Who/Torchwood.
(09-23-2018, 07:28 PM)wilhelm scream Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit better, but I still think it was a bad idea to get Chris Chibnall to be showrunner. Why? Because he has written some awful DW episodes (e.g. the Power of Three), but he also wrote 2 of the worst Torchwood episodes of all time (Cyberwoman and End of Days).

Yes, but he also wrote "Exit Wounds," "Fragments," and "Adrift," widely considered to be among the best Torchwood episodes. The majority of Torchwood was produced under his stint as show runner. (I wasn't a huge fan, but I respect his work, and those are all excellent episodes.)
Stop harshing my buzz Dodgy .