Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You don't prefer the Second Doctor's logo in good ol' Times New Roman?
(03-08-2018, 06:37 PM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: [ -> ]You don't prefer the Second Doctor's logo in good ol' Times New Roman?

Not really, one of my least favorite. This of course being the worst:

[Image: Logo-7.png]

[Image: DW_Hero_Insignia_On_Background_RGB-924c0b4.png]

I like this circle version.
Oh, neat - it's a key (to the TARDIS?) unlocking tumblers, right?  I dig it.
(03-08-2018, 10:22 PM)matrixgrindhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, neat - it's a key (to the TARDIS?) unlocking tumblers, right?  I dig it.

Oh yeah and also maybe this...?

[Image: 1-WhoFunky-feb5464.jpg]
TM2YC Wrote:
asterixsmeagol Wrote:You don't prefer the Second Doctor's logo in good ol' Times New Roman?

Not really, one of my least favorite. This of course being the worst:

[Image: Logo-7.png]

In case it's not clear, I was kidding about the Second Doctor logo. It's awful. It's my least favorite but the Seventh Doctor logo you showed is really bad too.
Let the Fake Title Sequences begin!

A refreshingly different take to the now standard time-tunnel, closer to the earlier sequences. I like this grungy electronic Dubstep-Style version of the theme very much.

Tardis model at the end doesn't look convincingly pro level but I like the different take on the time-tunnel:

I need some advice....

Tom Baker's first series comes out on region 1 Blu-ray in June, but is it worth buying?
I already own it on dvd, and I was under the impression, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the reason the original DW episodes have not been released on BR before now was because they were not shot on film?

So would I be just buying DVD quality video (with slight up conversion?) on Blu Ray?  Would the only real difference be rather than all the bonus features being on a seperate disc they would all be on a single BR????

Huh
That's right. The only classic serial filmed was Spearhead from Space which already has been released on Blu-ray. Everything else was taped.
(04-05-2018, 09:48 AM)bionicbob Wrote: [ -> ]I need some advice....

Tom Baker's first series comes out on region 1 Blu-ray in June, but is it worth buying?
I already own it on dvd, and I was under the impression, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the reason the original DW episodes have not been released on BR before now was because they were not shot on film?

So would I be just buying DVD quality video (with slight up conversion?) on Blu Ray?  Would the only real difference be rather than all the bonus features being on a seperate disc they would all be on a single BR????

Huh

It was standard BBC practice at that time to record all the studio stuff on to tape but film all the location material on 16mm, so it's possible that half of each episode could get a boost being on blu-ray. However, I'm not sure if by Tom Baker's time they hadn't started doing the location stuff on tape too. I bought the recent Tom Baker 'Shada' blu-ray and I thought the studio tape looked great, so I'll probably be purchasing this set. Then again I've only got 7 out of 40-ish Tom Baker DVDs, so this set is a good deal for me. If you already own them all on DVD I wouldn't bother.