Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

He had a rough start thanks in no small part to bad characterization and questionable writing overall.  But in the end, he shaped up to be a fine Doctor.  I'm gonna miss him.
(07-23-2017, 06:05 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2017, 05:20 PM)matrixgrindhouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay, on the strength of that, I'm ready for this to the best episode ever... no pressure Big Grin .

3 Doctors in one scene?!?

Three?  That's not Jodie Whittaker at the 17 second mark, is it?  I thought it was meant to be a recast Polly, one of the companions present in Hartnell's last story.  I could be mistaken, however.

Well, if nothing else, we can easily predict that it will be the best "Mark Gatiss Episode", if nothing else.

Speaking of!  I've been hearing some tasty rumors.

Gatiss's character is credited only as "The Captain" in press materials, his name unknown.  Possibly a Leftbridge-Stewart ancestor?

I heard he may be playing someone who was responnsible for the invention of police phone boxes, who was a war veteran....thing abouut that is he was not a captain so might be false
A 2-minute preview of the Christmas special. If you don't want to "unwrap your presents early" then probably don't watch...

Has anyone come across this before? 

https://whoflix.wordpress.com/doctor-who/

A crazy amount of Doctor Who fanedits here. I'm not a fan myself, but I stumbled upon this while trying to find something for my sister (who is a fan) and thought it may interest some. No idea how good they are, but may be worth checking out.
Yes, Whoflix has been mentioned here many times by myself and others.

I've got a whole folder full of his edits on my hard drive. In fact I was just watching his ambitious two-part Five Doctors edit today, which is very well cut together using footage from the serial "State of Decay" to give the Fourth Doctor more of a complete adventure within the existing special, and uses stills and some photoshop/video mixing too.

The quality of the edits varies from entry to entry though.
(11-19-2017, 11:58 AM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Whoflix has been mentioned here many times by myself and others.

I've got a whole folder full of his edits on my hard drive. In fact I was just watching his ambitious two-part Five Doctors edit today, which is very well cut together using footage from the serial "State of Decay" to give the Fourth Doctor more of a complete adventure within the existing special, and uses stills and some photoshop/video mixing too.

Have you seen his edit of The Deadly Assassin? I found the page because my sister asked me to do an edit of it and I thought I'd check to see if it had already been  done. If it's any good then I'll tell her to check it out.
(11-19-2017, 12:02 PM)Juniquex Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2017, 11:58 AM)Zarius Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Whoflix has been mentioned here many times by myself and others.

Have you seen his edit of The Deadly Assassin? I found the page because my sister asked me to do an edit of it and I thought I'd check to see if it had already been  done. If it's any good then I'll tell her to check it out.

Yeah, it's really good, manages to use a bit of "The Hand of Fear" at the beginning to see off Sarah Jane, and quickens the pace of part one, the whole thing is an hour and six minutes.