Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The favourites are Jodi Whitiiker and Kris Marshall, I've kind of always avoided shows with both of them so erm...can't decide really.
Anybody remember Chris Marshall's little-watched 2004 comedy series 'My life in Film'? Each episode was a stylistic homage of a different film. e.g Him taking a driving-test in the style of 'Top Gun'...

The 13th Doctor......

Well done, BBC. Take away one of the only male heroes we had who *didn't* solve problems by violence. I *really* hope they've got more up their sleeve than "ooh she's a woman aren't we clever and edgy" otherwise Dr Who is in for a rough ride. I'm not at all convinced this was a clever move, and it smacks more of BBC grandstanding than creativity. I hope to be proved wrong!
I don't really see why this is a big deal.  The Doctor has been thirteen (or so!) different people with varying physical traits, ages, mores, personalities, eccentricities - even their opinions of their own former and future selves.  They're shaking up the anatomy, but everything else has been shaken up several times over already.
I think it's about time. No pun intended.
seriously, all the snowflakes complaining about this being a woman need to STFU. 

1) The Doctor is an alien. Your gender norms are meaningless
2) Are you really that insecure that you can't stand a woman in the role?

I am really happy the BBC did this. Not sure she Jodie would have been my first choice (really really was dreaming of Tilda), but I'm excited about all the change.
I agree with .

In the end, it's not gender casting that will save this show, it's good writing.

As entertaining as series 10 was, it felt very formula.  Doctor Who needs a desperate injection of fresh of ideas.  Hopefully, Chris Chipnall can steer this franchise in an innovative direction.
(07-16-2017, 02:50 PM)dangermouse Wrote: [ -> ]Well done, BBC. Take away one of the only male heroes we had who *didn't* solve problems by violence. I *really* hope they've got more up their sleeve than "ooh she's a woman aren't we clever and edgy" otherwise Dr Who is in for a rough ride. I'm not at all convinced this was a clever move, and it smacks more of BBC grandstanding than creativity. I hope to be proved wrong!

It's an alien with two hearts.  It doesn't have to be male or female, it just has to be the Doctor.
Guys, do you remember that episode of Doctor Who where the Doctor showed everyone his penis and everyone laughed and said "Oh, Mr. Doctor! You're always showing your penis that you're so proud of! That is SO crucial to your character! Also your testicles and beard."

I'm having trouble finding the exact episode but based on some other reactions I've seen online to this reveal, it must exist, right?