Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
David Bradely is confronted about the rumors of appearing in the Christmas special

https://mobile.twitter.com/GirlyLetters/...37/video/1
He doesn't deny it. All the papers/geek news sites have picked this up, I think there is some truth as it's gone viral and no one has oputright denied it. 

I'd love it, before AAISAT was cast I thought it would be fun if the guy who played Hartnell in the docudrama would play the Doctor in the 50th. 4 years on it seems to be happening.

With the Masters and Cybermen Moff seems to be going all out, is this his Doctor Who bucket list? (although Mondasian Cybermen has been something Capaldi's been rooting for since he started)
So, about Oxygen...

Think the blindness is temporary, or will it last until the regeneration?  Either way, I demand K9 as a seeing eye dog in the interim!
I was waiting in case it was a fluke by the the first few Writers/Directors but after this new one 'Oxygen' I'm sure they have deliberately switched up the tone to be more like it was in the classic series. Namely, everybody including the companion and excepting the Doctor, is now scared when something scary is happening. The threat is actually treated as real and you know threatening, instead of a campy lark. In the classic era, even if the sets were made from cardboard and the monster was just a tall bloke in some green bubble-wrap, the characters/actors still pretended it was the scariest thing imaginable.

I was trying to think how Clara would have reacted to the situation in 'Oxygen'. Cracking jokes, almost winking at the camera, actually making sarcastic jibes at the enemy while they are trying to kill her. Where as Bill is terrified. I loved the bit where Bill was pointing this out and asking the Doctor to crack a joke to make her feel less scared. Please, please, please let this be the direction for the show from this point on.

By the way, I notice Mark Gatiss' episode is called 'The Empress of Mars' and is about "an impossible conflict between Ice Warriors and Victorian soldiers". I wonder if it's going to have an Edgar Rice Burroughs feel. ?
(05-14-2017, 04:20 AM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]Please, please, please let this be the direction for the show from this point on.

I couldn't argree more, this series of Doctor Who has been the best for ages.
(05-14-2017, 04:20 AM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, I notice Mark Gatiss' episode is called 'The Empress of Mars' and is about "an impossible conflict between Ice Warriors and Victorian soldiers". I wonder if it's going to have an Edgar Rice Burroughs feel. ?

That would be sooooooo cool if they did some sort of homage/tribute!   Red skinned metal bikini clad martian women please! LOL

[Image: tliid_doctor_who_by_nick_perks-d6y32og.jpg]
So DOWNTIME is getting an official North American release!!!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-Downtime/23324
Yesterday's new episode has the worst audience ratings in the recorded history of the show

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/06/the...ewing.html

Reckon Andrew Cartmel should have written the last scene?

''Come on Missy, we've got work to do''

A clip of The Master in action

I'm confused, has the new episode retconned Spare Parts (a Big Finish audio play which tells the origins of the Cybermen). Because it it has, I will never forgive Moffat as Spare Parts is one of the best audio plays ever made.