Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-07-2016, 03:14 PM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome. I really like the style of these animations from previous releases... however it had better be in 4:3 and not 16:9 like that trailer. That would be sacrilegious.

I dunno, that animation is far too crisp and modern to fit to the antiquated 4:3 format. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm just more excited for this animated feature than I am for another season of Capaldi and Moffat.  

Where my wife and I would anxiously await new episodes with our sonic screwdrivers in hand and a plate of jammie dodgers nearby, the show has become a bit of a chore.  Glad I have this Planet of the Daleks animation to look forward to.
(09-08-2016, 07:51 AM)musiced921 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just more excited for this animated feature than I am for another season of Capaldi and Moffat.  

Where my wife and I would anxiously await new episodes with our sonic screwdrivers in hand and a plate of jammie dodgers nearby, the show has become a bit of a chore.  Glad I have this Planet of the Daleks animation to look forward to.

I agree. I don't think Capaldi would necessarily make a bad Doctor - he's a great actor - but they have not been making it work for him. Kind of hoping for some change after this next season.
(09-07-2016, 05:48 PM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno, that animation is far too crisp and modern to fit to the antiquated 4:3 format. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the past, the idea with these animations has been to reconstruct versions of these episodes that approximate what it would have been like to see them originally, as closely as possible. Having the correct AR for the original broadcast is one easy way to further that goal. It may just be the trailer.
(09-08-2016, 08:38 AM)TM2YC Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2016, 05:48 PM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno, that animation is far too crisp and modern to fit to the antiquated 4:3 format. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the past, the idea with these animations has been to reconstruct versions of these episodes that approximate what it would have been like to see them originally, as closely as possible. Having the correct AR for the original broadcast is one easy way to further that goal. It may just be the trailer.

I totally agree in concept. If they used a different animation style, it would help further that goal. Maybe some filtering would help.
Slightly off topic, but I would love to see some animations of some of the better 8th Doctor Adventures just to have a chance to see more of him.  Blood of the Daleks was EPIC!

Lately, I've been thinking more and more about Day of the Doctor and while it was really good, the fact that it was a 50th anniversary special celebration that chose not to include the surviving Doctors and instead created a new one to insert really bothers me.  If anything, it should've at least given McGann his chance to really shine instead of furthering Moff's agenda for Time of the Doctor which I found absolutely disappointing.

Sorry to go on a slight rant bringing up old wounds/news.  Wifey and I find ourselves streaming old 10th Doctor episodes with occasional 11th Doctor's first season episodes and it got me thinking more and more what could've and really SHOULD'VE been for that 50th anniversary.  Having a chance to see all of the surviving actors together as the Doctor will never happen.
The animation looks much better then what planet 55 did with the stories they animated
That's really a lot of comments. I'm going to watch the series right now, thanks!
Blimey this a good impression of Troughton...

Radio Times are claiming the Christmas special involves a brash american superhero played by the kid from Dragonball Evolution. Let's see if it pans out.