Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hebrides Wrote:

The hatch forbidding admittance to anyone at any time, with, of course, The Doctor going right through it ;-)

Yes! It reminds me of this exchange from...

The Five Doctors:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]SERGEANT: I'm sorry, sir, you're not allowed in there.
SECOND DOCTOR: Not allowed? Me? I'm allowed everywhere.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
I love the moments where Capaldi's Doctor expresses bewilderment at things we take for granted e.g.

In the first episode it was bedrooms ("A whole room for not being awake in?"), then having 3 mirrors ("Can't you just turn your head?") and last night it was Clara's high-heels ("Do you have to reach a high shelf?").

It's extra funny because you're not 100% if The Doctor is genuinely astonished by human life, or just trying to get a rise out of people.

This shot from next week...

[Image: 15302355671_d8a4a40a2d_o.png]

...totally looks like...

[Image: ghostbusters.jpg]

;-)
Excellent catch, TM2YC! And hang on -- that mouthpiece thing looks somewhat familiar from NuWho, as does the whole backpack arrangement...I wonder if this is a return of

a reworked version of the species matcher rig from Vincent and the Doctor...
Also Saibra...

[Image: 15305984172_210d3f176e_o.jpg]

...totally looked like musical genius Grace Jones...

[Image: grace-jones.jpg]

I only noticed when I was watching the behend-the-scenes show this morning.
The Caretaker:

No need for spoiler tags. It's solid character development, pure and simple. I enjoyed it, and Capaldi did a fine job. I'm completely on board with him in the role now.

7.5/10
Glad you're warming to the show now Grindy. I enjoyed this one a lot.

The offiicer getting mutilated by Sir Killalot was boss.
Smile
Zarius Wrote:Sir Killalot

Yes! I knew it reminded me of something Big Grin. Also a little bit this guy from Babylon 5...

[Image: Ikkaran02.jpg]
Zarius Wrote:Glad you're warming to the show now Grindy. I enjoyed this one a lot.

The offiicer getting mutilated by Sir Killalot was boss.
Smile

You and me both. For the most part, disappointments have been few and far between for me. Consecutive ones were rarer. The previous three were all good to great in my book. Next one looks like a lot of fun as well.

TM2YC Wrote:Yes! I knew it reminded me of something Big Grin. Also a little bit this guy from Babylon 5...

[Image: Ikkaran02.jpg]

Nah. It's Garrus from Mass Effect.

[Image: image8-640x358.jpg]
In case anyone's curious (and in a fan editing forum, I think they are), here's a side-by-side comparison of the Season 8 theme made by the YouTube user and the one done officially for the BBC.

(The YouTube one is slightly longer, so it starts first before being moved to the right; the official version shows on the left.)

I'm sorry to say it, but I actually think the YouTube one is better.

I don't like either of them, but I prefer the "official" one to the fan-made one.

Really, I just wish they'd stayed with the 7B intro, but with Capaldi's face and the Day of the Doctor end-credits version of the theme tune. That would've been perfect for me.