Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally watched this last night and absolutely LOVED it! A total home run, ball out of the park for me!!!!

Once again, our impossible girl Clara proves how important she is to the Doctor's very existence! I squealed a geekgasm during the barn scene... very, very cool. :thumb:
Mrs. Heb and I were at Barnes and Noble yesterday, and I saw something very surprising: a box set featuring Time of the Doctor and Deep Breath! It only aired four weeks ago, and it's already out on DVD! Just in case anyone is looking to pick it up and/or edit it...
hebrides Wrote:Mrs. Heb and I were at Barnes and Noble yesterday, and I saw something very surprising: a box set featuring Time of the Doctor and Deep Breath! It only aired four weeks ago, and it's already out on DVD! Just in case anyone is looking to pick it up and/or edit it...

Yeah, BBC did the same thing with Day of the Doctor. I picked them up but they are slim on extras. I see some double dipping in my future when the actual season set comes out. I really hope they release THE FIVE(ish) DOCTORS REBOOT too. I so loved that, maybe even more than DAY.
bionicbob Wrote:Yeah, BBC did the same thing with Day of the Doctor. I picked them up but they are slim on extras. I see some double dipping in my future when the actual season set comes out. I really hope they release THE FIVE(ish) DOCTORS REBOOT too. I so loved that, maybe even more than DAY.
The Five(ish) Doctors reboot is on the new complete Matt Smith years blu-ray set.
emanswfan Wrote:The Five(ish) Doctors reboot is on the new complete Matt Smith years blu-ray set.

oh man!!! But I already own series 5-7 on dvd... d'oh! To upgrade or not????
I was hoping it would be included in a new specials collection or series 8.... :-(
So to get the superb 'An Adventure in Space and Time' in HD I have to either import a £100+ US boxset I don't want or import an expensive US triple pack :oops: Sad :x.

Plus yeah I totally wanted the hilarious Five(ish) Doctors.

[Image: tumblr_mwr620gFfl1qe7olko2_500.gif]
TM2YC Wrote:So to get the superb 'An Adventure in Space and Time' in HD I have to either import a £100+ US boxset I don't want or import an expensive US triple pack :oops: Sad :x.

Plus yeah I totally wanted the hilarious Five(ish) Doctors.
My mistake, didn't mention this at first. The UK 50th anniversary Collector's edition also has both the Five(ish) Doctors reboot and An Adventure in Space and Time in Bluray format. They included it on the new US Matt Smith boxset since the 50th Anniversary collectors Bluray is not available for the US.
Time Heist:

Solid fun. Not the most remarkable or memorable episode, but very entertaining.

Very cool premise, with some satisfying twists. Very stylized - cinematography is once again up to the quality I've come to expect from the last few years of the show. The whole thing had a very Tennant / RTD era vibe to it, crossed with the modern Ocean's films.

8/10
matrixgrindhouse Wrote:Time Heist:

Solid fun. Not the most remarkable or memorable episode, but very entertaining.

8/10

Complete agreement. :thumb:
Yes. First one in a while that has felt like it was fully realized, without extraneous bits or too much of an attempt to shoehorn in stuff from the overarching story. Felt at times very like Tennant, and also very like early-ish Smith, but with Capaldi's own less cuddly and slightly more dangerous/unpredictable spin on things.

It had a few more lines that echo Dr. House and more of this Doctor settling in and genuinely seeming to enjoy being who he is and doing what he does, which is always a good thing and a hallmark of who The Doctor (generally) is. And Clara continues to be so much better than she was last season (modern Clara, that is -- I preferred barmaid/governess Victorian Clara and Soufflé Girl).

After some hiccups, I feel like the trajectory overall has been trending upward of late, and I'm hopeful for even better to come.

Also, this episode had possibly the ultimate moment that sums up The Doctor, no matter who plays him (and I'd bet almost anything Moffat planned/wrote this part, since it feels very like something he'd love to do):

The hatch forbidding admittance to anyone at any time, with, of course, The Doctor going right through it ;-)