Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zarius Wrote:[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlN-SPx1zAg[/video]

That seals it then, thanksSmile.

So who wants the new older Doctor to be a clown like trickster harbouring dark secrets like Slyvester McCoy/Patrick Troughton or a cantankerous grump like Colin Baker/William Hartnell. Personally I can't even begin to decide but the latter would certainly be a refreshing change. I guess we'll know by the way he delivers the first (and last) line ;-).
Hartnell's reputation as a grump is somewhat undeserved. In his early serials, that's a correct description, certainly. But as time went on, he warmed considerably. Humans grew on him - or perhaps it was the other way around. Regardless, by the end he was much more friendly, funny, and heroic. I mean... look at this. Tell me you can't picture Matt doing the exact same thing.

Zarius Wrote:

Whoa. Was that the same 11 door from The God Complex? I kinda figured "of course, it's you..." meant The War Doctor. Moffat - what are you planning? Hm...
matrixgrindhouse Wrote:Hartnell's reputation as a grump is somewhat undeserved. In his early serials, that's a correct description, certainly. But as time went on, he warmed considerably. Humans grew on him - or perhaps it was the other way around. Regardless, by the end he was much more friendly, funny, and heroic. I mean... look at this. Tell me you can't picture Matt doing the exact same thing.

^ [Image: 14a9c9d08ff598517412d9c9d00d1a600b8406d1...44e889.jpg] :lol:

Yer, probably more Colin Baker than Hartnell. But I doubt that we'll get a fiery tempered new Doc anyway, since even The War Doctor turned out to be as abrasive as a marshmallow.
While nowhere nearly as polished as that Sherlock video, this is tremendous fun.
Only tangentially related to Doctor Who but this may be of interest to some...

There's a new kids story show on CBeebies called 'Old Jack's Boat'. It's a proper old fashioned Jackanory style kids show but with CGI. It stars Bernard Cribbins (Who has played not one, but two Doctor Who companions) as the story-telling title character. Also fellow Who campanion Freema Agyeman is a cast regular (Freema often plays a mermaid... something for the dads :-P) and Russell T Davies has written a couple of episodes. So watch out for future Who cameos on this show...

One of Davies' episodes is on YouTube:

and the new Davies' penned Xmas special is on iPlayer (As is the whole series).

[Image: tumblr_mh28ayXHbW1qcwhkeo1_400.gif]
Ol' Russel also wrote the season two finale of the brilliant Wizards vs Aliens, I havent seen it yet, but the quality of this particular show is of a high calibure indeed, they get away with some strong subject matter, including introducing kids to

interspecies relationships

Bludgeon Emblem would be a pretty rad name for a band, come to think of it.

Sounds like they're really wrapping everything up. I rewatched The End of Time recently. Still felt like a knife in the gut, years later. This is going to be an emotional episode.