Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
matrixgrindhouse Wrote:

Well, so much for my "zeroth Doctor" hypothesis. I wish this had been in the episode proper. Still, very nice to get some closure on the Eighth Doctor. Funny, in a way - all we'll have seen of him (onscreen) consists of his origin, a glimpse at an adventure with Two (himself a matter of some mystery), and his end. Hey, Big Finish experts - any significance to those companion names?

Well remember what site we're all on. I fully expect there to be a good few people wanting to tack this onto the begining of the special in various editing projects. Keep in mind there's a second minisode coming up as well called "The Last Day", slightly shorter, but may prove to be 'fantastic'
Zarius Wrote:

Well remember what site we're all on. I fully expect there to be a good few people wanting to tack this onto the begining of the special in various editing projects. Keep in mind there's a second minisode coming up as well called "The Last Day", slightly shorter, but may prove to be 'fantastic'

Indeed!

I very much doubt that Chris will be reprising his role in any capacity - his comments about his time on the show seem to be lukewarm at best, and outright frustrated at times. I wouldn't be surprised if we got to see The War Doctor regenerate into some stock footage of 9, of course. Perhaps repurposing a deleted scene like they did for Tom Baker in The Five Doctors. But I want to be wrong. I want old Doctors coming out of the woodwork in this special. Maybe they'll even bring in the guy from the docudrama to play The First!
From the Children in Need Special.... first full clip from The Day of the Doctor....

It's so jarring to go from McGann's seasoned performance to Matt's boundless childish energy
That "Day of the Doctor" clip was beyond wonderful. That better be in the episode itself!
Another trailer appeared on New Zealand tv with some different scenes

Rose saying "no more" and everyone in Hurt's TARDIS, plus Clara rides her motocycle into 11's ship

That bit will look great in 3-D
I was bed ridden on and off this week with a brutal sinus infection, but it gave me the opportunity to download and listen to Big Finish Audio's 50th Anniversary release starring all the current remaining classic Doctors "The Light At the End".

I am happy to report that is a fantastically entertaining adventure and well worth the price of download.
Definitely a fun way to celebrate the 50th! Smile
Just saw that "The Night of the Doctor" short-prequel and it was AWESOME! I am super excited for this! Only a few days now! Big Grin
'The Night Of The Doctor' raises an interesting thing. Since we saw McGann's Doctor as much older but much later in time than the TV movie, do the Doctor's regenerations age the same way humans do?

If they do then old actors could still come back as alternate dimension Doctors whose regenerations never died e.g. Tom Baker could still be running around (A little more slowly) in a scarf in some far flung time line.
Big Grin

Also wait for the scene after the ending!