Fanedit Forums

Full Version: Doctor Who
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for the weird font -- not sure what is going on. Anyway, if there is any truth to this at all, wow. The only thing even remotely comparable to it would be the discovery of the complete Metropolis, and, as amazing as that was, if this is true, we're potentially looking at around 45 hours of footage that was thought to be lost forever -- in other words, more than 20 times as much as with Metropolis. If it isn't true, then there are going to be a lot of people who are very upset. Either way, quite a story brewing.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/18/t...um=twitter
90 missing episodes.. Omg.. This would be a 50th year anniversary doctor who treat indeed. Would be a miracle if it's power of the daleks daleks master plan evil of the daleks.. If only we could find some validity!
Yeah, Ian Levine (superfan who blew the whistle on Matt leaving before it was announced officially) claims he has proof this is legit, so it's looking very likely. Apparently the BBC discovered this stuff two years ago and opted to sit on it as a 50th anniversary treat. They're currrently denying all hearsay of it.
Yeah, it's fascinating stuff. And as great as 90 hours would truly be, more than anything I want a complete "Tenth Planet" (first Doctor's regeneration) and "Power of the Daleks" (the first story of the second Doctor).

Don't get me wrong; 90 hours is great in and of itself, and if it's true, I'll gladly take them. Smile I just mean that I hope those two are in the bunch somewhere, because those are the most pivotal of the missing serials.
TomH1138 Wrote:Yeah, it's fascinating stuff. And as great as 90 hours would truly be, more than anything I want a complete "Tenth Planet" (first Doctor's regeneration).

Well the first doctor's regeneration has been given the flash animation reconstruction treatment and is currently about to be released in a 'regeneration' box set featuring each doctor's last story. Given how well they did the restoration of 'The Invasion' (a second doctor story that involved the cybermen) I'd settle for this.... however as it stands it's only available as part of this box set at the moment, the standalone release will come later in the year.
Omaru1982 Wrote:Well the first doctor's regeneration has been given the flash animation reconstruction treatment and is currently about to be released in a 'regeneration' box set featuring each doctor's last story.

Yeah, absolutely. I had heard about that. But of course, if the original has become available, fans including me are still going to want that.

The one thing that worries me: The BBC supposedly knew about these lost episodes two years ago. But they certainly wouldn't have commissioned an animation for "Tenth Planet" if they knew the original was out there. So now I'm starting to doubt the story.

Side note: Of course we want "Tenth Planet" for the 50th anniversary, but I'd almost rather that the BBC wait on the "regeneration" box set since Matt Smith is about to join them!

Omaru1982 Wrote:Given how well they did the restoration of 'The Invasion' (a second doctor story that involved the cybermen) I'd settle for this....

My favorite part of that: At one point, you can see "Bad Wolf" written on a wall behind the characters. Smile

Have any other classic serials been turned into animations? I tried to look that info up online with no luck.
This will be a exciting piece of history this year or even if it is announced in the 50 th anniversary for Christmas at a later date
Quote:Have any other classic serials been turned into animations? I tried to look that info up online with no luck.

none I know of, apart from that audiobook with Paul Mcgann that was put on preservation site a few years back, no idea if it's still there, but it's still on youtube in it's original episodic format.
I see. Thanks for the info, Omaru!
I'm looking at the GB forums and they're claiming the 90 missing episodes was a deliberate hoax to play about with the fandom, particulary Ian Levine